E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

My Ride: 04 Range Rover 07 A4
Send a message via AIM to Amil Send a message via MSN to Amil Send a message via Yahoo to Amil
Bmw Service Sucks!!!!! So Does Bmwna

man im soo sick of this, bmw dealerships decide to discriminate agaisnt young people like me i suppose...this is waht happened

i called my BMW dealership, Century West BMW to make a service appointment for a couple of items, and i requested a car rental, the lady on the phone told me that if i come in the same day i would have to pay for the rental but if i give a 24 hour notice taht they will comp me a rental vehicle, so then i asked her for a BMW rental and she then told me that i would have to go 8 am on tuesday july 2nd (today) and they will give me a bmw rental, so i said ok to that and i went in this morning and the dealer said do you want a rental vehicle i said yes a bmw like promised, he then told me that I CANT have one, they dont have this kind of a loaner car program going on anymore (i saw teh person next to me getting one btw) im like whatever just give me a normal rental then and then he said that its not covered and i would have to pay i then got really upset till he said fine and they covered a damn ugly A$$ corrolla......i really dont mind the corrola but the think that PISSED ME OFF is that he said that you wont ever get comped by BMW for a rental, we just dont do taht anymore, i was like wtf? My MOM gets a rental!!! my father gets a rental!!! he was like take it with your dealer (dealer doesnt work there anymore) we had a great relationship with Century West Bmw but now this **** just ticks me off....i SHOULD NOT be getting this kinda of a service from a BMW dealership thats just wrong especially knowing that ive been lied to.

I called BMWNA, sorry we dont do car rental issues you gotta take that up with your dealership. (they should just shut down BMWNA's 1800 number cause its just a waste of money for them to have peopel on the phone saying "not our problem" )

i swear my next car wont be a BMW, my dads and moms lease are ending soon too i think we'll just switch over to another company with a higher rating in service and QUALITY.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

Send a message via AIM to Amil Send a message via MSN to Amil Send a message via Yahoo to Amil
oh yeah and my car is in service right now for the 2nd gear poopping out and grinding on 3rd ...lets see what kinda bs they are gonna throw @ me to try to make me pay 3X more then im supposed to
Old 07-02-2002, 11:24 AM   #3
Cyclone
I'm Mini Clem

My Ride: 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0T
Send a message via ICQ to Cyclone Send a message via AIM to Cyclone Send a message via MSN to Cyclone Send a message via Yahoo to Cyclone
Whoa there sparky. Calm down. We all know BMW service sucks. You're preaching to the choir. yada yada yada.... Sorry to hear it though.
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Breathe in......
breathe out.....
breathe in.....
breathe out....

Not all BMW service sucks. I have had a few very good experiences. Each situation, dealership, and service advisor is completely different. Sorry to hear about getting jacked. I got stuck with a couple of beat up loaners also. I see people getting BMW loaners left and right, and no matter how soon I get there, or advance notice I give them, still no BMW loaner.

I believe you when you say you feel like you have been punked because of your age. It happens. But I bet if you calmly talk to the advisor, and escalate the issue up the the general manager, good things are more likely to happen, then if you started to hate the world. Im not defending your dealership in this case, I totally believe you. Good luck with everything. But dont hate the cars because of some sorry service. You know deep down BMWs are the bomb.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:41 AM   #5
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Breathe in......
breathe out.....
breathe in.....
breathe out....

You know deep down BMWs are the bomb.

yeah they are...but come on man its not worth it, in the future hopefully all the cars will be up to BMW standards so when i get another car it wont have to be a BMW, and i was very polite with him, but the thing is you cant take something like that ot the manager...."dont expect a rental next time" for something that is next tiem i gotta wait till next time
Old 07-02-2002, 11:54 AM   #6
jpetch
need $$$

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
I always go to Beverly Hills BMW for service, and they always treat me like any other customer. im 23, and ive yet to have a problem with them. the service guy calls me if there is something needed to be done, or when the car is ready. the only time when i was ignored was when i went shopping around for the bmw. the first time i walked in wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and i was ignored. then i came in wearing slacks and a dress shirt, and i was hounded by the salesman. but other than that, no complaints here. try beverly hills bmw. bob smith bmw in canoga park is pretty good too.
jpetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 12:25 PM   #7
newbieguy

My Ride: '09 E93 M3 S. Gray
Try another BMW service dept. Not all them are no good. Its just a matter of finding a good one even if you have to drive far. I bought my car from a dealer that gave me the best price for it. But I found a another dealer with an excellent service dept. So I brought my car there to have my Aux fan replaced and I was treated as if I bought my car from them.

Good luck in finding a good service dept.

'03 JB M3
'01 330ci gone but not forgotten
newbieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #8
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

My Ride: 2006 X5 4.8is
Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
The guys at Century West have been nothing but good to me. I've never needed a loaner car though, they usually fix my problems within hours.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 12:44 PM   #9
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
This is a deal specific issue...

My dealer always gives me a rental...and pretty nice ones too...

These are the last 3 loaners I've had.

2001 330Ci
2001 Z3 3.0i 5-sp
2001 525i

It's really up to your dealer how they want to treat you...
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:14 PM   #10
jp323i

My Ride: G37
some dealers treat you great but will rape you on labour. my dealer is very nice to everybody but if you need labour they'll kill.

my family has an old e36 that needed an o2 sensor and idle valve, they said 2 hrs of labour @ $100/hr Cdn ($65 US, this is fair).

i just bought the parts and gave it to my dads friend who's a mechanic. he did it in 30 minutes (even though he rarely works on BMW's).

my friends uncle works in a Acura service department and told him never get serviced there (he said they charge 4X the actual labour time ie 30 min = 2 hrs).

btw, my dads friend did it for free, i tried giving him $ but he refused. now that's service.
jp323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:20 PM   #11
Amir

My Ride: shoes
Hehe $89 an hour at the dealer's in Houston.......
Amir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:27 PM   #12
jp323i

My Ride: G37
Quote:
Originally posted by Amir
Hehe $89 an hour at the dealer's in Houston.......
damn! $89 US is like $135 Canadian. like i said, my dealer charges $100 Cdn ($65 US) which is very good compared to what i've been hearing that US dealers charge.

the thing is, i just want them to be honest - they could charge more for labour/hr but be honest about how long it takes instead of saying it'll take 2 hrs when all it takes is 30 min.
jp323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 02:13 PM   #13
HellFish

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to HellFish
yeah my service sucks to. Im 17 and it literally pisses them off when I bring my car in there. My mom owns a mercedes, and their service is a milltion times better than bmw.. but I still like my car better than her CLK
HellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 02:28 PM   #14
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

well hers the thing i was trying to get @ ...my parents bring their cars in all the time and never have any problems and get excellent service, but with me both times that ive been tehre they treated me kinda bad
Old 07-02-2002, 03:12 PM   #15
drmirage
Believe it!!!

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drmirage
i been the dealerships at Center BMW in Van Nuys twice. Service personel says I can try to get a loaner but I just have to call in advance for it. 1 month ahead or something like that to be able to get a loaner.

i havent tried it yet but i will try to do that this upcoming month. don't like taking the shuttles and the hassle of getting someone to have to drop me of all the way to Van Nuys from Porter Ranch.

Havent been to Bob Smith yet. I shopped for my car there before, hopefully they'll be nice with me cause I bought my car from the other guy.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #16
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 14 Focus ST
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
Man people complain about everything BMW in this place, get a freaking Lexus if you want oochie coochie dealer crap, I got the Bmw cause its the greatest driving experience Ive have ever known
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #17
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
Amen!

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateOne
Man people complain about everything BMW in this place, get a freaking Lexus if you want oochie coochie dealer crap, I got the Bmw cause its the greatest driving experience Ive have ever known
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:58 PM   #18
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

hahhaha *ARGH* new update

so i had class @ 4:50 and i left my bag in the trunk of my car, so i stopped by CEntury West Bmw to get the bag out of my car @ about 4 and the guy said ...oh guess what? your cars ready! he said that they were writting up the paperwork, and they told me to give back my rental. So i said cool and gave back the rental came back and he told me thats its gonna be another 10 minutes, and i should wait in the waiting area....15 minutes later he comes up to me 4:30 and tells me that 2nd gear is still kinda off so it'll just be another 15 minutes but if its by 5 they close and i'll get you another rental (keep in mind im only 18 and my mother had to get teh first rental) so im like whatever worse coems to comes to worse i'll go yell @ the manager and he'll authorize me a rental for the little situation that i was put in, so then im sitting around messing with the new cars and he comes to me @ 5:16 and says "the mechanic wants to talk to you" so i said ok he went to get him @ about 5:30 he comes back without the mechanic and says your car is done! so im like cool, he said it should be up any second i'll just finish up the paperwork 5:46 he tells em to go the cashier i go ahead and sign it 6:15 my car comes back up, and im like whatever (i missed an important day of class) and i get on the freeway and waht do i see? the same FREAKIN PROBLEM, i called him back up on my cell and he told me to come by on monday and they'll do a test drive with me in the car...but i was late to class i didnt even bother showing up and im probably going to fail my test cause today was a major lecture day.

good news- they admitted that they inspected my vehicle and found no signs of abuse from the clutch or transmission, brakes were replaced, AC MOLD was cleaned, OIL was changed, some stupid hanging piece from the window was fixed and they really felt sorry for me , so next time i go to the same service person i dont think he has the balls to give me anymore trouble.

all and all i got my car back

the first msg seemed a little mean because i was a bit ticked off and i think i have the right to be, i mean come on MR GO GET A LEXUS please just **** with that, ibought a car and im stuck with it, my parents never had a problem....my mom litterly just goes in and they give her a rental with no questions ask , no appointment made, no problems what so ever...so im a little ticked off abtout the discrimination tehre is between young ones like me and the parents, they dont understand that i had the MAIN say on what cars they should get....heh... whatevers

YOUR PROBABLY JUST READING THIS PART BECUASE WHO THE HELL WANTS TO READ A BUNCH OF WHINING AND BITCHIN...I DONT BLAME YOU!!
Old 07-02-2002, 09:23 PM   #19
jljr330ci

My Ride: 2001 330ci
I brought my car in to Assael BMW because of a differential oil leak (needed new gasket) last wednesday. They had to order the gasket and what was initially to be a one day rental (325 btw) became a five day rental. They've been nothing but courteous to me (im 22 yrs old) the various times I've brought my car in for service.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:25 PM   #20
Amil
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO

heh theres more to my experiance......

so i think i finnally understood why they were lagging on my car, the other night (first night i rolled the right window down since service) and it clicks up the ass going up and down.. they replaced the speaker because i complained about rattling and im assuming that they broke the window jam thign while they were in there....i also noticed that i didnt see it in the paperwork (speaker replacement) but the service guy assured me it was replaced and fixed (hiding the evidence that they worked on it)

damn oh well i'll get it fixed on monday