E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
The 330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYS
Posts: 373
My Ride: 330i
Nu-Finish, Has anyone used?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone used Nu-Finish Car wash and wax?
How was the experience?

Thanks in advance,
The 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #2
sfzBimmer2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,287
My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
Your bimmer deserves better than that, seriously. Stick to the concours products, i.e. Zymol, Zaino, Meguiars, anything recommened over at www.autopia.org
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
SilvaBimma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, Cary, Durham, NC
Posts: 577
My Ride: 330Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfzBimmer2
Your bimmer deserves better than that, seriously. Stick to the concours products, i.e. Zymol, Zaino, Meguiars, anything recommened over at www.autopia.org
Amen to that! Any products that say they can last a year with just 1 application is NOT a good product in my opinion. I have no heard or seen any product that do 1 year wonders.

Stick to Autopia or DetailCity.com
SilvaBimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
BMWtown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 42
My Ride: AA S/C 330ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWtown Send a message via Yahoo to BMWtown
Use mothers, I worked at Kragen for 3 years and got a lot of feedback, everyone loved it the best, and so do I, give it a shot.
BMWtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:53 AM   #5
sfzBimmer2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,287
My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
I've started using Meguiars NXT Tech Wax. It's one of the easiest I've used as far as application and buffing. It look stunning, too. For the price, it's an absolute steal.
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:45 AM   #6
The 330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYS
Posts: 373
My Ride: 330i
Hello sfzbimmer2, SilvaBimmer, and BMWTown,

Thank you very much for the input. Yet, the thread was going in different direction from what I hoped, so I intervene.

I would NOT let anything touch my Girl that is not Zymol. (I said Zymol, and that specifically excludes Zyrtlemol.)

I would NOT let anyone bathe my Girl but myself and people approved on my short list.

If you saw the result, you would understand. Completely.

However, there are two reasons why I asked about Nu-Finish.
First of all, Nu-Finish claims proudly that their products contain NO wax, and it's all chemical. In such a sense, it is similar to Zaino's. So I was wondering what the ingredients are, and how they work.
Secondly, one of my friends who drives Hyundai asked me what car wash and wax she should use. While she admires my Girl's shine, she does not want to spend such an amount of time or money on her car. She just wanted something easy, affordable, and gives her decent result.

So, here we go again, anyone had any experience with Nu-Finish?
The 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #7
SilvaBimma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, Cary, Durham, NC
Posts: 577
My Ride: 330Xi
No I have never had any experience, but I have heard that after changing to a regular wax / polish routine, the Nu Finish is nothing!

Nu Finish Once-A-Year Auto Polish is a polish of course, therefore it isn't a wax.

What ingredients are in Nu Finish? Most likely not oils or fillers, as they will disappear after time (1 year is way to long). To be more specific, you will have to contact the company or look as their Specs sheets. (Most of the time companes will never give out ingredients, just basic info such as carnauba)

All Car Care Products are chemical in some way, you will never find a product that is all natural (Although Zymol does have some extreme waxes). Besides that, chemicals will not harm the surface, especially car care products because they are geared to protect and treat the surface.

Sorry to say, but Car Care isn't a one time or two time process / year. It takes time and effort, but there are MANY products that are available.

I support sfz-bimmer's choice of NXT Wax. It is by far the best locally available product. Its ease of use is amazing! I've heard a girl can apply it and wipe it off easily. Durability? In testing, but it is geared for a polymer protection . Smell? NICE! Looks (of course) Dark, but covers scratches / swirls not bad.

You can use the Spray Wax and the Soap, as they work all very well.

Hope I could help
SilvaBimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:07 PM   #8
The 330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYS
Posts: 373
My Ride: 330i
Hello SilvaBimmer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvaBimma
No I have never had any experience, but I have heard that after changing to a regular wax / polish routine, the Nu Finish is nothing!

Nu Finish Once-A-Year Auto Polish is a polish of course, therefore it isn't a wax.

What ingredients are in Nu Finish? Most likely not oils or fillers, as they will disappear after time (1 year is way to long). To be more specific, you will have to contact the company or look as their Specs sheets. (Most of the time companes will never give out ingredients, just basic info such as carnauba)

All Car Care Products are chemical in some way, you will never find a product that is all natural (Although Zymol does have some extreme waxes). Besides that, chemicals will not harm the surface, especially car care products because they are geared to protect and treat the surface.

Sorry to say, but Car Care isn't a one time or two time process / year. It takes time and effort, but there are MANY products that are available.

I support sfz-bimmer's choice of NXT Wax. It is by far the best locally available product. Its ease of use is amazing! I've heard a girl can apply it and wipe it off easily. Durability? In testing, but it is geared for a polymer protection . Smell? NICE! Looks (of course) Dark, but covers scratches / swirls not bad.

You can use the Spray Wax and the Soap, as they work all very well.

Hope I could help
Thank you very much for your reply.
Although you didn't have a direct experience with Nu-Finish, your reply was of great help (and support for what I told her ).

The "extreme" Zymols - I have used, and I still use it on some cars.
However, in most cases I have found that using "regular" Zymols (Creme, Carbon, Z3) or up to Concours frequently has a comparable effect, if not better, than using "extreme" Zymol once in a while.

I haven't used NXT just yet, and was curious, too.
Maybe I should let her try NXT.
The 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #9
sfzBimmer2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,287
My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
NXT has small amounts of cleaners, too, which makes it ideal for people not interested in paint prep.

SilvaBimma is right, it smells awesome too.
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:03 PM   #10
Elwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 169
My Ride: Mystic '04 330ci
I gave it a try on my winter rims just before I mounted them. I needed a quick grab off the shelf product that wouldn't turn to goo on hot wheels (like carnuba! grrrr) At the time it was the only thing available.

It does contain some sort of cleaning agent. Application was typical. It's been 6 months and the rims are still a sinch to clean, but there are signs that it's wearing off in places. It's worked well enough (and I still own a full bottle) that I've put a few coats on my summer wheels.

It works great on rims for sheading brake dust, but I'm not about to put it on my car finish. I have not seen any spectacular reviews, and I have no plans to ruin my nice Mystic Blue
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:34 PM   #11
sfzBimmer2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,287
My Ride: '05 Ducati Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood
I gave it a try on my winter rims just before I mounted them. I needed a quick grab off the shelf product that wouldn't turn to goo on hot wheels (like carnuba! grrrr) At the time it was the only thing available.

It does contain some sort of cleaning agent. Application was typical. It's been 6 months and the rims are still a sinch to clean, but there are signs that it's wearing off in places. It's worked well enough (and I still own a full bottle) that I've put a few coats on my summer wheels.

It works great on rims for sheading brake dust, but I'm not about to put it on my car finish. I have not seen any spectacular reviews, and I have no plans to ruin my nice Mystic Blue
Just to clarify, are you talking about NXT or NuFinish?
sfzBimmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:47 PM   #12
SilvaBimma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, Cary, Durham, NC
Posts: 577
My Ride: 330Xi
NXT probably because NXT has been on the market for only about a month now. How does it look after 6 months? (Nu Finish)
SilvaBimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:17 PM   #13
Elwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 169
My Ride: Mystic '04 330ci
NuFinish

After a cleaning the rims still look brand new. Up close, the corners of the rim that take a beating from brake dust are slowly showing signs of embeded particles. My summers needed a claybar after only 3months (without protectant.)
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use