E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #21
BMWMANIAC

My Ride: 2002 745i
SteverinO i will install them tonight.

why i installed one only ? Because i am waiting on one of youse to crash into a light pole so that my buddy at junkyard gets a crashed e46 (god forbid joking)

But its true, i got right side in mint condition for $150 , i am wating on a left one too, he got 2 sets of e46 lights today, i am wating for his call , my left xenon might be one of those.

BMWMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 08:59 PM   #22
BMWMANIAC

steverino

Steverino YOU DA MAN!!!

So far they work, i started the car and did not turn the lights on for an half an hour, the computer did not show burnt out bulb.

Thanks man, i sent u cash today, check that tracking number.

STEVERINO RELAYS WORK !!!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:43 AM   #23
chrisbbb

My Ride: 99 328I
Send a message via ICQ to chrisbbb Send a message via AIM to chrisbbb
Re: steverino

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWMANIAC
Steverino YOU DA MAN!!!

So far they work, i started the car and did not turn the lights on for an half an hour, the computer did not show burnt out bulb.

Thanks man, i sent u cash today, check that tracking number.

STEVERINO RELAYS WORK !!!
I dont want to knock the relays because I know they work (I have built them myself) but didnt you say there was no error message in the first place? Seems to me the relay didnt fix anything........you just saw what wasnt there in the first place.....
chrisbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 03:13 AM   #24
BMWMANIAC

I did not test lights long enough. Sometime when you turn the ignition on the indicator for faulty bulb would come up instantly, somtimes it would take him 3-5 minutes. Then before the indicator lights up i would turn the xenon light on. Once i do this the faulty bulb indicator would never come on so i could not see it. I tried shuting off the xenon light after few minutes of having them on, and again after few minutes FAULTY BULB indicator would indeed light up once again. ( i found this out this morning on my way to work, when i said it last night i just tested it for like 1 hour since i just installed the right side xenon last night so i have my xenon for almost 24 h)

So to make my mumbuling short, I DID GET THE FAULTY BULB indicator light up this morning on my way to work, BEFORE i installed the relays but thanks god i spoke to steverino and ordered his relays few days before i installed my xenon.

Since i installed his relays yesterday ALL IS GOOD.

And once again. STEVERINOs relays WORK. i drove around for few hours without the xenon on and faulty bulb indicator did not turn on at all.

Thanks STEVERINO

Last edited by BMWMANIAC; 07-04-2002 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:21 AM   #25
steverin02

My Ride: 325i sold
Send a message via AIM to steverin02
Good to hear

Did you install them yourself? Where did you put the core unit, did you put them where i did?
steverin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 11:47 AM   #26
BMWMANIAC

I installed them myself took like 3 minutes , i rolled it all in electrical masking tape. I put it right behind the headlight.

i will tie it up with wire tiers to something