E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 02:38 AM   #1
TTran330i

My Ride: BMW 330i
Talking Oem Cd Player

Have any of you experienced problems with the cd player?, Sorry i should be mor specific. I mean whenever i hit a bump the cd kind of skips and makes scratching sound. Is this something where it just needs to be cleaned or.....??

Thank you in advance and feedbacks.
TTran330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:55 AM   #2
nodoubtpunk

My Ride: '99 328i
I've got a 6 disc changer and when ever I hit bumps or pot holes my cd skips too! all the cd's that I've got in there are all NEW! dunno why it does that.
nodoubtpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:28 AM   #3
blackbmw330

My Ride: 2001 330ci
I don't seem to have those problems with my OEM CD player. Maybe since my car is kind of low I have to go super slow on dips and bumps. How fast do you go over those speed bumps?
Old 03-25-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
AussieBMW

My Ride: 2003 318i Sport
Mine seems to skip at nothing! New CD's not so frequent, but some burnt CD's will skip all the time, but no at consistent times. Can't wait until I can afford an iPod and get it fitted. Actually, don't want to hijack this thread, but with the iPod ICE Link device that plugs into the changer port in the boot, can it plug directly into the headunit? Anyway, back to topic, Apple and BMW should make a deal and just make them standard since their CD players are so dodgy.

Thanks if anyone has info on this.
AussieBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:32 AM   #5
xmas63

My Ride: 2002 Saph/Black 330i
My OEM changer almost never skips. Only when I go over a really big-ass bump.

Perhaps check to make sure that it's set up properly for horizontal/vertical installation. There's some kind of switch on the sides of the unit for this. I don't honestly know if skipping is a symptom of this being set incorrectly, but it's the only thing I can think of, aside from something inside being fukked up.

Of course, if it's under warranty, don't waste your time---just let the dealer take care of it!
xmas63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #6
BMW_DK

My Ride: BMW 320d EDE (F30)
I have a single CD-Player (Business) and it never skips tracks on normal CD's.

I've had one CD that I burned myself, and it would keep on skipping at different places on the CD. Then I made a CD copy onto another type of CD, and the problem was gone!
BMW_DK is offline   Reply With Quote