E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2002, 02:47 AM   #1
JawKnee
JawKnee Motorsports

My Ride: Nissan 350Z Track
Send a message via AIM to JawKnee
Talking Damn Cops!!!

In short, my buddy and I got pulled over because of guilty by association...

After pulling over the e30 M3, one of the cops got behind him and continued going forward to get my attention and pull me over as well and BAM, the cop rear ends my friend's M3 since he was paying attention to me!!! The officer got so pissed it was quite funny. We didn't get any tickets or the like and there was no damage to the bumper. Apparently, someone had called "us" in and the cops wanted us, the last 2 BMWs in line to pass a message/warning on to the other drivers that were responsible for the crazy driving and that happened to make the turn.

Oh, the Hartge Classics have been sold God I love my BBSs!!!

• '05 Honda S2000 '03 Nissan 350Z Track ('00 BMW Dinan 3)
  • '04 Subaru WRX Wagon ('01 BMW 330i)
  • '04 Honda CBR600RR
  • '05 Honda CBR600RR

• Last edited by JawKnee; 07-04-2002 at 02:54 AM.
    JawKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
    Old 07-04-2002, 05:38 AM   #2
    jestr
    is bester

My Ride: '02 Steel Grey 325i
    Stupid washington cops
    That looks like highway 18?? At least nothing happened to ur ride
    jestr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-04-2002, 06:08 AM   #3
    jAb
    I've got cool scars

My Ride: 09 335i & 00 328Ci
    save the racing for the track
    jAb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-04-2002, 08:46 AM   #4
    jp323i

My Ride: G37
    Re: Damn Cops!!!

Quote:
    Originally posted by JawKnee

After pulling over the e30 M3, one of the cops got behind him and continued going forward to get my attention and pull me over as well and BAM, the cop rear ends my friend's M3 since he was paying attention to me!!! The officer got so pissed it was quite funny. We didn't get any tickets or the like and there was no damage to the bumper. Apparently, someone had called "us" in and the cops wanted us, the last 2 BMWs in line to pass a message/warning on to the other drivers that were responsible for the crazy driving and that happened to make the turn.

just wondering, so the M3 owner took down the cop's insurance info right? i've always wondered what happens when a cop is at fault in an accident.
    jp323i is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-04-2002, 10:12 AM   #5
    JACOB NJ

My Ride: 00 540 sport
    Send a message via AIM to JACOB NJ
    Re: Re: Damn Cops!!!

Quote:
    Originally posted by jp323i

just wondering, so the M3 owner took down the cop's insurance info right? i've always wondered what happens when a cop is at fault in an accident.

usally the city pays... atleast around here they do
    Old 07-04-2002, 10:39 AM   #6
    JACOB NJ

My Ride: 00 540 sport
    Send a message via AIM to JACOB NJ

Quote:

ok im going to give you some advice..

me being as crazy as you.. been on Abuot 3 well 4 sets of wheels.. learn from me and give up now.. if there is a set you went back to once its because they suite you best and the car best in your eyes .... me, i went from type 44 to 18 s ACS type 3 .. months later added the filler to the spoke.., then to MVRs loved em.. but bent 2 and couldnt get a replacement rigth away.. so went with ADR m clasics 19s.. loved em to but on my silver car didint make a statement enough.. sooo sold them to a buddy couple of months later got some m68 to use from him since i sold my 44 in the middile of all that drama.. then got to new MVR and get them all straightned and powder coated.. so now im back to them and staying there.. heres a little time line..

Last edited by JACOB NJ; 07-04-2002 at 01:02 PM.
    JACOB NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #7
    Damon

My Ride: '02 330ci

Quote:

*groan* *moan* Ohhh, my neck hurts just reading about it. Has your friend seen a doctor, yet? I'm no expert, but it sure sounds to me like he's got a terribly expensive case of whiplash.
    Old 07-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #8
    amitv85
    ROI-ndian

My Ride: is oOoOoUT
    Send a message via AIM to amitv85
    jawknee,

just wondering what kind of camera you use? im trying find a good quality camera that takes pics like that not for like 800 bucks though

Dave Moss: What's your name?
    Blake: F**k you. That's my name.
    Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name
    amitv85 is offline   Reply With Quote