E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2002, 03:41 PM   #1
advan24r
Banned

My Ride: 2002 LSB M3 6-spd
Send a message via ICQ to advan24r Send a message via AIM to advan24r
Rogue and UUC Short Shifter Kits...does Rogue have the advantage w/the WSR

Does anyone know anything about the Rogue Engineering SSK w/the WSR...seems like they have an edge above UUC on eliminating the notchiness w/it. Which one should I buy?!?! most people say UUC..but why?
advan24r is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:55 PM   #2
valerie
M-Tech Originator

My Ride: BMWs
I cant really answer your question but know that I've seen several people around happy with the Rogue SSK. Overall I do not htink as many people here know about them so you hear less feedback about their products. With hope some people with firsthand knowledge will get back to you

valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
Clem
Alpha Male

My Ride: Twin Turbo'd Beast
I like the notchiness
Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 04:42 PM   #4
Nutz330ci

My Ride: 2002 m3
Send a message via AIM to Nutz330ci
I had one of the first Rogue units in my '97 m3 and it was awesome. I preferred it over the UUC units I tried out and think it is a far better product. I plan on purchasing the Rogue unit in the near future. Also, I am waiting for their exhaust to come out, sohuld be sometime this summer they say. They are really cool guys and the customer service is fantastic. UUC had (maybe still does? I don't know honestly) major customer service problems and problems with getting items delivered to customers when I was modding my m3 the last couple years, but Rogue has a great reputation from everything I have heard. I have to say though, that UUC's rep has improved considerably in recent history.
Nutz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
jcoop

My Ride: 03 M3 SMGll
UUC SSK

From what I just read you could use the RE WSR with the UUC SSK and then maybe you would have the ultimate short shifter ?
jcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 04:50 PM   #6
wyu
Almost stock

My Ride: a bmw
Send a message via AIM to wyu
I HAD the UUC Evo II and currently have the RE with WSR. I like the RE better, it feels less notchy, and feels more like its supposed to be part of the the car (if that makes sense)

The issue I had with the UUC was the "shooshing" noise when shifting and the rattling noise when in certain gears.
I seem to be the only person who had this problem, so, I dunno..
wyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:15 PM   #7
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Education is free...

Know the differences. As enthusiasts, you deserve the best... but that includes doing your own research:

http://www.shortshifter.com/comparo.htm

- Rob

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:33 PM   #8
bigtime007
Banned

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to bigtime007
I have the UUC and the Rogue WSR

I must say that the $95 tha i spent for the heavier rod did not put a smile on my face worth $95. The knotchiness is still present, but shifts feel more solid (If that makes any sense).
bigtime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #9
audikiller

My Ride: 01 M3 6spd-02 M3 SMG
I have the Rogue in my 2001 M3. I love it. The notchiness does not bother me and the shifts are crisp and precise. I did not even consider UUC because every interaction I have had with them has been a customer service hassle. I shouldn't ahve to deal with arrogance and attitude to get basic customer service. To me a good product can only go so far when there are other companies with comparable products. How you treat me is about 60% of the decision for me. I would not use another UUC product if it was given to me for free.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:48 PM   #10
Keeferno
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Wow, that's quite the statement, sorry to hear you weren't treated well. Personally, Rob and the guys at UUC have been nothing but great to me
Keeferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:53 PM   #11
JikJak

My Ride: 02M3cab03duc74904sti
i have the UUC kit with the bearing carttridge upograde and it works perfectly fine. no noises or anything like that. the shifts are nice, crisp and precise. i also uses the UUC kit in my previous audi s4 and had absolutely no problems at all with it. as far as customer service, they have been great as well in that department.

So wats this i hear about using the RE WSR with the UUC kit. is that possible? does it actually help?
2002 M3 Cab (bye)
JikJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 06:17 PM   #12
DISCOBOY1
M T3ch

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
The store SHOULD carry Rogue products

DISCOBOY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #13
jcoop

My Ride: 03 M3 SMGll
Question JikJak

Did you notice a difference when you installed the tranny mounts ?
jcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 07:56 PM   #14
Clem
Alpha Male

My Ride: Twin Turbo'd Beast
Quote:
Originally posted by keeferno
Wow, that's quite the statement, sorry to hear you weren't treated well. Personally, Rob and the guys at UUC have been nothing but great to me
Ditto here
Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:28 PM   #15
John from jersey
Creation awaits

My Ride: Gallardo, CLS55
from what i believe...
The Rogue SS is a factory shift lever bent or shortened....

And also heard u can make your own Rogue type short shifter with a few materials and tools in your own back yard.....DIY

In a short shift kit....i want parts that are made solely for a short shift kit...not knee grow rigged OEM parts

I would go for the UUC... and my experiences with Rob and UUC have always been exceptional

For people claiming that UUC did not get the parts to them on time...Parts get backordered, demand overpowers supply...delays in getting parts HAPPENS... not out of the norm for any company selling products...fact of life.

Im willing to wait to get the best! Motto: Accepting second best is a sacrifice
John from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 11:56 PM   #16
vthee

My Ride: 328i
Send a message via AIM to vthee
i have the UUC SSK on my 328i and i love it... its awesome... i'm not sure about rogue because i never used any of there products... but i am really happy with the UUC SSK...

i hope nothing goes wrong with it... knock on wood.
vthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:36 AM   #17
Banana_Bread

My Ride: 323Ci
I have a RE SSK and it's been great, love the feel and the length of the shift. I wish i could say the same for the 95$ WSR.
Bigtime007 is right, definately didn't put a 95$ smile on my face either, didn't notice a huge difference or ease of shifting after installing the WSR.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #18
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
Quote:
Originally posted by keeferno

I have the same experience as Keeferno with UUC and Rob. I'm actually going to be ordering a UUC SSK and all the extras, once the next batch of Sway Barbarians arrive.

Thanks UUC... and thanks to the E46Fanatics Store
Old 04-18-2002, 08:35 AM   #19
Karl
Engineer

My Ride: 2001 330xi
An SSK is a replacement shift lever, a WSR is a replacement selector rod. Both are developed to be installed with just stock parts on the car, that is to say that either one alone will work on its own. This means also that the UUC SSK can be used with the RE WSR, as they replace two totally different parts of the shifting mechanism.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #20
silroc
The Man you Love to Hate

My Ride: 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to silroc
Since I am a Marketing guy, I understand all the semmantics behiind why a product is "supposed to be better" than the other-"New this , new that ................"

I would suggest that you choose to put all the words aside, and actually do something crazy ...............

Drive a UUC SSK and Drive Rougue SSK - You will know immediately that the Rogue feels better.

I did, and thats what I discovered.

Bring It

"Woke up quick, at about noon..........." - Eazy-e RIP

"Don't worry. The ghosts eventually come out" - Derek Jeter
silroc is offline   Reply With Quote