E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
Cali6869
BIG STUNNA

My Ride: ASA 323ci SK2, ///M5
My JL W6 12" Blew after 3 months

My JL W6 V2 12inch blew last weekend
After I realized it blew, I took it to the shop where I had it installed..(I did not buy it there, I bought it new in ebay) So when I was there they told me they will send it to JL to have it repaired, and since it was an item without warranty I had to pay for repair $120 plus $15 for shipping
Yesterday I get a call from the shop and they tell me that when they called JL earlier on the day to send my sub... they tell me that they JL doesnt have a serial number for my sub (not sure what this means)
So Im wondering if they are selling defective subs in ebay?

I bought my sub from a powerseller with over 1200 positive feedback, so I doubt that it was fake... plus my installer said it was real... but why wouldnt it have real serial numbers?

Anyone?
Cali6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:09 AM   #2
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Maybe it was stolen and they removed the serial number to avoid any tracking back to them?

Was it a new sub? Although it is a posibility you had a fake, defective (or abused if not new) sub, maybe your amplifiers were not set correctly? Distortion can destroy any speaker, especially subs, since so much power goes into them.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
pbotz2000

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Jl Sub

When You Bought It Either It Was Not An Authorized Jl Audio Dealer, Or You Did Not Send In The Warranty Card With The Sub, Thats How They Get You, You Buy A Sub,but Unless You Dont Fill Out The Warranty Card, Theres No Warranty, Most People Throw Out The Card,
pbotz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Cali6869
BIG STUNNA

I doubt it was stolen or abused... It looked brand new, in box with everything...
I was checking the sellers feedback and he doesnt have negative feedback.. also he has like 200 current auctions...and all of them is for different car audio stuff... I emailed the guy, hopefully he can do something....
Old 04-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #5
Brabusclk04

My Ride: E60 M5
Send a message via AIM to Brabusclk04
If the seriel # was scratched or rip off, its most likely stolen. Dont always believe power sellers on ebay. This is from my personal experience. Also remember, if the prices are too good to be true on ebay, always expect that there is something fishey going on. Hope this helps.

Looking for Audi R8 project Car
Heavily Modded E60 IB M5 - SOLD

Custom Brabus Widebody W209 CLK - SOLD
2006 NCCA Best Mercedes Benz
2005 NCCA Best Mercedes Benz
Brabusclk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #6
Cali6869
BIG STUNNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabusclk04
If the seriel # was scratched or rip off, its most likely stolen. Dont always believe power sellers on ebay. This is from my personal experience. Also remember, if the prices are too good to be true on ebay, always expect that there is something fishey going on. Hope this helps.
can you tell us what happened in your case? I know my serial # was either changed or something... but it came in a box and everything...
Old 04-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
Brabusclk04

My Ride: E60 M5
Send a message via AIM to Brabusclk04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali6869
can you tell us what happened in your case? I know my serial # was either changed or something... but it came in a box and everything...

Had a similar case with you. Bought a head unit, and the serial # was scratched off. I emailed the seller, and he replied saying thats how he got it for his source. I took it to my friends shop and he said, this item is most likely stolen...thus i could not send it back and there is no warrenty with the product. My friend sells audio products and knows all the tricks and scams. Just be more carefull on ebay. I once found someone selling a lot of Pioneer AVIC-N1 for $750 each. I emailed the seller, which has no feedbacks, and he said he only accepts cash and he is located in Europe.... Sure, like im gonna fall for that one.

Looking for Audi R8 project Car
Heavily Modded E60 IB M5 - SOLD

Custom Brabus Widebody W209 CLK - SOLD
2006 NCCA Best Mercedes Benz
2005 NCCA Best Mercedes Benz
Brabusclk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #8
NYCSteel

My Ride: nuttin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbotz
When You Bought It Either It Was Not An Authorized Jl Audio Dealer, Or You Did Not Send In The Warranty Card With The Sub, Thats How They Get You, You Buy A Sub,but Unless You Dont Fill Out The Warranty Card, Theres No Warranty, Most People Throw Out The Card,

Ha !.. you forgot to capitalize ya 'b' in ---- "but Unless You Dont Fill Out The Warranty Card "

NYCSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 PM   #9
Wai718

My Ride: 99 Bmw 328i
jl w6v2

I bought the same subs last year! you should check out the box that came with the sub! it should have the serial number on the original box!!!
Wai718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:31 AM   #10
Cali6869
BIG STUNNA

thanks I will check