E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
-=Stu=-
UK Member

My Ride: .
Carpassionata Products Group Buy

Due to interest in Carpassionata.com products across a number of forums (E46Fanatics.com BM3W.co.uk and BMWCarMagazine.com), with the help of CrazyCar I have arranged a group buy of their products.

The current group buy discounts we have been offered are :

5 modules --> 5%
6 modules --> 6%
7 modules --> 7%
from 10 to 15 modules --> 10%
15+ modules --> 15%

~100 modules would also produce additional discount but I thought that could be a little optimistic for the time being If we do exceed 15-20 I will check with them if there is any other options available.

The discounted pricing applies to any of their modules i.e. from the cheapest to the most expensive. So far with the number of members interested in modules I don't see why we shouldnít be able to get 15+, especially since a few people have put their name down for 2 modules.

The modules the company produce can be found on their website. Most of their site is still in German but they have provided an short description sheet in English of all products on the link below :

http://www.carpassionata.com/english...rt%20infos.pdf
http://www.carpassionata.com/english/

Some additional English documents are available for some of the modules below. I will try and update this asap with additional documentation. The installation instructions for their more popular modules should hopefully be made available to me this week.

eOpen Ė Remote Soft-top control document
Document: http://www.carpassionata.com/english/eOpen.pdf

eLight Ė Additional Light features, as well as a lighting show.
Gallery: http://www.carpassionata.com/german/...ht/gallery.php
Document: http://www.carpassionata.com/english...ht_complet.pdf

If anyone is interested could you either email me, or post to the forums. A closing date has not been set yet, but we do want to try and get the modules ordered quite quickly.

The original thread on Carpassionata products can be found here :

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149194

I wasn't sure about the situation of Group Buys from non sponsors and did email the Administrators before posting. I still haven't received any reply, so I'm presuming it's ok since the products they sell don't infringe on any sponsor products

Thanks,
Stuart.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #2
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Wow...that car looks like a cop car w/ those lights.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
blackedout330

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32
Wow...that car looks like a cop car w/ those lights.
Hmmm. maybe if i didnt have xenons id think about those lights just to f with people... but that cant be good for them
Old 04-26-2004, 04:37 PM   #4
Malladawg
Beware of pwner

My Ride: 2000 323I OrientBlau
Send a message via AIM to Malladawg Send a message via MSN to Malladawg Send a message via Yahoo to Malladawg
Stu,

I'm interested in the elight. Can you get back to me with the price?

TIA

Eric
Old 04-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #5
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout330
Hmmm. maybe if i didnt have xenons id think about those lights just to f with people... but that cant be good for them
I thought the same thing. That ISNT good for Xenons.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
Old 04-26-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
niL
is on da floor

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to niL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malladawg
Stu,

I'm interested in the elight. Can you get back to me with the price?

TIA

Eric

i second this, i'm intrested in the elight, i will be in depending on price

2001 330i rebuilt from the salvage yard
From start to finish...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
-=Stu=-
UK Member

Hi. No problem I'll get the required info as soon as possible.

There are four eLight modules as listed on the English PDF link below. I belive the pricing in the document is reasonably accurate for their now retail. Taking the view that we manage to get 15+ modules ordered between the 3 forums the pricing will be roughly as below.

http://www.carpassionata.com/englis...ort%20infos.pdf

Item RRP 15%Discounted Price
eLight Standard $159.20 $135.32
eLight Delux $183.90 $156.52
eLight Comfort $192.60 $163.71
eLight Professional $204.90 $174.17

In terms of shipping what will most likely happen is that all modules for US customers will be shipped to 1 US address and then forwarded from there. I'll have them confirm the pricing for all items this week.

Hth,
Stuart.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:38 AM   #8
-=Stu=-
UK Member

An Installation manual for the E46 eOpen module has been made available today :

http://www.carpassionata.com/english..._E46_eOpen.pdf

The eOpen Installation manual for the Z4 should be available today or tomorrow, and the eLight manual in the next few days.

Thanks,
Stuart.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:44 PM   #9
-=Stu=-
UK Member

Just a quick update. The Group Buy has now been extended to Roadfly.com as well due to interest there, so we now have 4 forums involved. Carpassionata have also forwarded on 2 or 3 non-forum customers who have made general enquiries in the last few days from the US and UK. They seem keep to allow us to get a reasonable number of people involved to get a better discount.

Thanks,
Stuart.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:46 AM   #10
Malladawg
Beware of pwner

My Ride: 2000 323I OrientBlau
Send a message via AIM to Malladawg Send a message via MSN to Malladawg Send a message via Yahoo to Malladawg
Stu, thanks for doing this.

Are those prices in euros, or in US dollars? If those are in dollars then I'm definately in. Looks like there is only a $20 difference between deluxe and professional, so I'll definately go with the professional.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:53 AM   #11
18jake18

My Ride: '01 White 325i
Im totally in depending on how easy the eLight is to install.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:35 AM   #12
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
merry x'mas ~

Orz
Old 04-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #13
-=Stu=-
UK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWintoxication
merry x'mas ~
eh ?

Hi everyone. I've moved all the information for the Group Buy onto a webpage to have a central area for updating the details as they arrive. Final pricing is now listed based on 15+ modules being ordered, as well as Installation Instructions for eOpen, eLight and eTip to follow first thing next week.

www.stu.uk.com/carpassionata.asp

If you are interested can you post on here, email or PM me so I can add your name to the list.

Thanks,
Stuart.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:08 AM   #14
-=Stu=-
UK Member

Due to interest in a feature of the eOpen Module, Carpassionata have offered to add a new module to their line for the Group Buy.

A number of people who are interested in the eOpen module which allows 'automated' remote control of the soft-top on the E46 and Z4 have also enquired whether it is possible for the interior soft-top buttons to also carry this feature. At the minute to open/close the soft-top while in the car you require to hold down the buttons until the process is complete. Carpassionata have spoken with me and have offered to add a new product to their line if there is demand in the Group Buy which will apply the similar 'automated' control to the interior buttons. This means that when you want to open your soft-top you would no longer have to hold the button, just press it once and the top will open automatically. As with the current standard eOpen module for remote control, the automated process can be cancelled by pressing the button again for safety.

I know some people are not too fussy about having the remote control of their soft-top. But without a doubt, not having to hold the open/close buttons while in the car would be great.

The addition of this product is being considered as a permanent product, but it would be intially added specifically for our Group Buy. In terms of pricing I have been informed the retail price will be less than $154.12 (£87.09 or 129 EUR), and as part of the Group Buy our discount of 15% will apply as well.

If there is any interest in this product can you please contact me so that I can speak with Carpassionata to get final details.

Thanks,
Stuart.

Last edited by -=Stu=-; 05-02-2004 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:46 PM   #15
-=Stu=-
UK Member

Hi everyone. Iím sorry for not posting any updates to the Group Buy in the last week. Iíve been making arrangements with Carpassionata and trying to get answers to everyoneís questions.

Now for the updates

Official Order Form
An order page is now available online which I would like everyone to fill out as soon as possible. The form includes basic details such as name and address for shipping, as well as car information so that Carpassioata can make sure the correct models are provided. There is also a section for payment which I will come to in a minute.

Order page Link: www.stu.uk.com/carpassionataOrder.asp

Module Warranty
All modules come with a 2 year guarantee and Carpassionata can be contacted in the event of any technical problems.

Time-frame
Since no one has any direct relationship with Carpassionata or any experience with their products, I have asked them to ship my modules to me next weekfor testing (eOpen Standard, eOpen Drive, eOpen Interior and eLight Professional). I will then install them to prove the validity of the products, as well as give me an idea of the install should any questions arise. The modules should arrive first thing next week and I hope to get them installed withing a few days.
The only other factor affecting the timing of the Group Buy is the completion time of the new ĎeOpen interiorí module which is being specifically designed for us. Carpassionata are already developing the new module, but still have some testing to complete before making enough to satisfy our order. They will be giving me an update next week on the dates for this module, but I donít expect it to affect the Group Buy by more than a few days.

Discount
The discount has been increased from 15% to 16%. I know itís not a major increase, but Carpassionata did it as gesture because of the additional people now involved.

Payment
In terms of payment I am trying to be as flexible as I can. So far the main methods which appear to be available are Bank Wire, Paypal Ė Using Bank Account, Paypal Ė Using Credit Card, Cheque or Cash.

Bank Wire: This would be the quickest, easiest method and preferred method of payment. The final payment to Carpassionata will also be done using a Bank Wire.

Paypal Ė Using Bank Account: As with the Bank Wire this is the second best method.

Paypal Ė Using Credit Card: I am happy to accept these types of payments, but this is the least preferred method because additional charges will be incurred. Due to charges applied by Paypal for Credit Card payments, an additional fee will be added to anyone wanting to pay by this method. According to the Paypal website the additional fees are 3.9% for USD + $0.30 and 3.4% GBP + £0.20. Although paying by credit card is quick and easy the 3-4% additional charge significantly reduces your discount

Cheque Ė Due to cheque clearing times there is a risk paying this way. In particular I have had a few occasions where US cheques take weeks to clear, but if people need/want to pay by cheque this isnít a problem.

Cash: In terms of security cash isnít the best way, but Iím still happy to accept cash if you have no other choice. If you do want to pay by cash it must be sent using a postal method/service which requires a signature so that there isnít any confusion as to whether it arrived etc. Similarly the addition of insurance when posting is up to the sender.

Shipping Costs
Everyone has probably noticed that I havenít been able to provide Total Pricing yet. Once the testing modules from Carpassionata arrive later this week I will be able to use the weights of the modules to calculate shipping prices.

The main Group Buy page containing all the updated information can be found on the link below. I will continue to add updates to this page, such as links to instructions, even after completion of the Group buy.

If anyone has any questions please contact me. Thanks to everyone taking part in the GB.

Stuart.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:09 PM   #16
JC7727

My Ride: 01 330i
Send a message via AIM to JC7727
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Stu=-
Hi everyone. Iím sorry for not posting any updates to the Group Buy in the last week. Iíve been making arrangements with Carpassionata and trying to get answers to everyoneís questions.

Now for the updates

Official Order Form
An order page is now available online which I would like everyone to fill out as soon as possible. The form includes basic details such as name and address for shipping, as well as car information so that Carpassioata can make sure the correct models are provided. There is also a section for payment which I will come to in a minute.

Order page Link: www.stu.uk.com/carpassionataOrder.asp

Module Warranty
All modules come with a 2 year guarantee and Carpassionata can be contacted in the event of any technical problems.

Time-frame
Since no one has any direct relationship with Carpassionata or any experience with their products, I have asked them to ship my modules to me next weekfor testing (eOpen Standard, eOpen Drive, eOpen Interior and eLight Professional). I will then install them to prove the validity of the products, as well as give me an idea of the install should any questions arise. The modules should arrive first thing next week and I hope to get them installed withing a few days.
The only other factor affecting the timing of the Group Buy is the completion time of the new ĎeOpen interiorí module which is being specifically designed for us. Carpassionata are already developing the new module, but still have some testing to complete before making enough to satisfy our order. They will be giving me an update next week on the dates for this module, but I donít expect it to affect the Group Buy by more than a few days.

Discount
The discount has been increased from 15% to 16%. I know itís not a major increase, but Carpassionata did it as gesture because of the additional people now involved.

Payment
In terms of payment I am trying to be as flexible as I can. So far the main methods which appear to be available are Bank Wire, Paypal Ė Using Bank Account, Paypal Ė Using Credit Card, Cheque or Cash.

Bank Wire: This would be the quickest, easiest method and preferred method of payment. The final payment to Carpassionata will also be done using a Bank Wire.

Paypal Ė Using Bank Account: As with the Bank Wire this is the second best method.

Paypal Ė Using Credit Card: I am happy to accept these types of payments, but this is the least preferred method because additional charges will be incurred. Due to charges applied by Paypal for Credit Card payments, an additional fee will be added to anyone wanting to pay by this method. According to the Paypal website the additional fees are 3.9% for USD + $0.30 and 3.4% GBP + £0.20. Although paying by credit card is quick and easy the 3-4% additional charge significantly reduces your discount

Cheque Ė Due to cheque clearing times there is a risk paying this way. In particular I have had a few occasions where US cheques take weeks to clear, but if people need/want to pay by cheque this isnít a problem.

Cash: In terms of security cash isnít the best way, but Iím still happy to accept cash if you have no other choice. If you do want to pay by cash it must be sent using a postal method/service which requires a signature so that there isnít any confusion as to whether it arrived etc. Similarly the addition of insurance when posting is up to the sender.

Shipping Costs
Everyone has probably noticed that I havenít been able to provide Total Pricing yet. Once the testing modules from Carpassionata arrive later this week I will be able to use the weights of the modules to calculate shipping prices.

The main Group Buy page containing all the updated information can be found on the link below. I will continue to add updates to this page, such as links to instructions, even after completion of the Group buy.

If anyone has any questions please contact me. Thanks to everyone taking part in the GB.

Stuart.
Can this be used with xenons and HID fogs?

FOR SALE: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417026
Old 05-14-2004, 05:24 PM   #17
-=Stu=-
UK Member

Hi. Yes it can be used with xenons and fogs. A number of people have suggested the eLight module could be damaging to the bulbs with them switching on and off as quickly which is fair enough. I mentioned this to Carpassionata and they said they don't see there being a problem, and they haven't had any customers contact them with bulbs failing etc.

The light combinations and the length of time they are switched on can be fully customised using the software. So if you didn't want the xenons to flash, or you wanted them to stay on longer it can be configured how you want.

Hth,
Stuart.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:23 AM   #18
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
I may be in depending on shipping charges..

It's a shame that they don't work with my DDEs...
Maybe I'll not do this one and I'll just tap my alarm siren to my DDE's...

Still, that's a great price for an EXTREMELY cool product. I'm HUGELY impressed with their software!

JL
Old 05-16-2004, 04:58 AM   #19
-=Stu=-
UK Member

The eLight module does have 2 outputs and 1 input. I'll speak with Carpassionata because I'm not sure whether the outputs can be programmed into the light sequence with the software, or if they only get powered when the light sequence is activated or deactivated. If they can be included in the sequence you may be able to include your DDE's

Hth,
Stuart.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:59 PM   #20
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
i cant figure out the difference between all the elights.
can someone re-explain them to me? is this all controled by the orignal key fob? will these work while im driving?

Last edited by Presns323i; 05-16-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Closed Thread