E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #41
M3///driver

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazblue3
Thanks, just called the dealer. They have those pins for $1.50 each. Now I need to find the wires.
If you get part # 61-13-0-005-199 , the contact should come with a wire already attached. I had to take off the little black rubber piece and pinch it closed. See attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMproblems 022.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	162618   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMproblems 023.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	162619  
M3///driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:00 AM   #42
Jackboot

My Ride: Bus
The correct part number for the wire is: 61 13 0 005 197 (posted earlier)

This wire does not have the rubber piece shown in your picture. It simply plugs in.
Jackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #43
Topazblue3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot
The correct part number for the wire is: 61 13 0 005 197 (posted earlier)

This wire does not have the rubber piece shown in your picture. It simply plugs in.
Correct! I've ordered this part # and they come with black wires without the rubber thing. Will have my car reprogram tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #44
gimpyviper

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 - PYM
Send a message via AIM to gimpyviper
Just ordered a set for myself, still waiting for my LED retrofit kit though... can't wait!!

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
gimpyviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:26 AM   #45
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpyviper
Just ordered a set for myself, still waiting for my LED retrofit kit though... can't wait!!
Are you sure you need to order the retrofit kit? I thought your '03 M3 just needed the reflash of your LCM?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #46
gimpyviper

It does, but I need the actual LED tails and trunk lights That's what I'm waiting for. Any car after late 01 (forget which month exactly) doesn't require a new LCM.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
Old 02-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #47
gimpyviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3///driver
If you get part # 61-13-0-005-199 , the contact should come with a wire already attached. I had to take off the little black rubber piece and pinch it closed. See attached pics.
What is the pink thing that you splice the wires together with? Is that something I have to pick up from Radio Shack?

Old 03-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #48
turbologist

My Ride: Imola M3
Quote:
What is the pink thing that you splice the wires together with? Is that something I have to pick up from Radio Shack?
Yea, you can pick that splice up at RS for sure...

2003 IR ///M3
Integra GSR Turbo SFWD/ Pro-AmET
turbologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #49
Alex323Ci

Quote:
The pink thing you are talking about is a red solderless wire crimp. They have yellow, red, blue depending on gauge wire. Inside it is metal so that the wires can crimp and make a connection with the other sides wire. In the first post they used a "scotch-loc" wire adapter. Same principle, but you can splice into a wire without cutting. Both are solderless connectors, but one needs to have the wire cut, the scotch-loc does not cut all the way through the existing wire, but taps into it. You can get any of these at RadioShack, Pepboys, Autozone.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:39 AM   #50
fu98

My Ride: 2002 m3 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodaiga
I have the kit and was wondering, if I am parked, standing still, and press the brake, should the outer ring light up? Or does it only light during actual driving? Because mine does not light when pressing the brake and standing still.
i was wondering about this too.. and i didnt even look to see if the brakes came on with the key not turned on when i had my regular bulbs in there... anyone know??
fu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 AM   #51
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu98
i was wondering about this too.. and i didnt even look to see if the brakes came on with the key not turned on when i had my regular bulbs in there... anyone know??
He said he has the ABLAS kit, that means the brakes will light the outter ring on a very hard brake(movement). Not activated on at idle or standing still.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #52
fu98

My Ride: 2002 m3 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci
He said he has the ABLAS kit, that means the brakes will light the outter ring on a very hard brake(movement). Not activated on at idle or standing still.
got it....

my led's are sweetness.. just need to take it to the stealer now...
fu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #53
warmasice

My Ride: E46 Coupe
can somebody confirm, is this MOD for OEM LEDs or aftermarket LEDs?

E46 M-Sport Coupe, Titan Silver, Straight 6, Full Leather, Bluetooth Prep, Lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs,
Febi-Bilstein Front Bushes, Lemforder Control Arms

Last edited by warmasice; 06-19-2007 at 02:00 PM.
warmasice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #54
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmasice View Post
can somebody confirm, is this MOD for OEM LEDs or aftermarket LEDs?
I can confirm it works on USA OEM LEDs. I however do not know(can not confirm) if it would work on aftermarket LEDs.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #55
JetBlackE46
Modded

My Ride: E36/E46 M3 E46 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlai View Post
After the LED Taillight retrofit, I want to get the outside ring to light up with the Brake Light, so I dig into the wiring diagram as well as the intruction of the ABLAS.

I figured out that if you just want the ring to light up with the brake light, you just need to connect the black/green wire to position #4 of the plug like the pic shown below:

Hope this can help a little if you guys are having a hard time getting ABLAS. But for me, I just want the ring to light up no matter what, which is a cheaper way to do...

Peter
http://www.tigerdave.com/Guides/led_mod/

Anyone know what slot #8 does?

Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #56
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackE46 View Post
http://www.tigerdave.com/Guides/led_mod/

Anyone know what slot #8 does?
it's been a while so i can't say for certain. but i recall it's just an open slot not used for anything?? The plastic connector is just an 8 wire one, but if it uses less then they are open. i think they just posted the "8" to show you for reference which slot is which.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #57
jaymemaurice

My Ride: 01 330ci, 03 Passat
Per the WDS, pin #8 is unused.

Has anyone wired from left tail pin 4 to pin 20 on LSZ X12 connector and right tail 4 to pin 38?? This looks like it would get the adaptive lights working with a new LSZ... that is if the LSZ can somehow be informed that the car is braking hard - I would imagine this info would come from the DSC module as the WDS shows the brake switch having a similar schematic.

I have an LSZ from an 2004 M3 in my car now and am planning to be doing the wiring for the fog lights. I am wondering if it's worthwhile to throw a few extra wires in there - it will make for a cleaner harness either way.

Old style left tail light to LCM:
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...9116.svg?m=e46

New LED style left tail light to LCM:
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...9118.svg?m=e46

Pin descriptions of X319 (connector to left tailight) of new style LED light.
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zinfo/E46_PE46D.htm

LCM:
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...0735.svg?m=e46

Rain Sensor Retrofit: Here
Coupe Headline Replacement: Here

Last edited by jaymemaurice; 06-07-2012 at 06:21 AM.
jaymemaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #58
JetBlackE46
Modded

My Ride: E36/E46 M3 E46 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymemaurice View Post
Per the WDS, pin #8 is unused.

Has anyone wired from left tail pin 4 to pin 20 on LSZ X12 connector and right tail 4 to pin 38?? This looks like it would get the adaptive lights working with a new LSZ... that is if the LSZ can somehow be informed that the car is braking hard - I would imagine this info would come from the DSC module as the WDS shows the brake switch having a similar schematic.

I have an LSZ from an 2004 M3 in my car now and am planning to be doing the wiring for the fog lights. I am wondering if it's worthwhile to throw a few extra wires in there - it will make for a cleaner harness either way.

Old style left tail light to LCM:
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...9116.svg?m=e46

New LED style left tail light to LCM:
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...9118.svg?m=e46

Pin descriptions of X319 (connector to left tailight) of new style LED light.
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zinfo/E46_PE46D.htm

LCM:
http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...0735.svg?m=e46
very interesting, keep us posted on how this turns out if you attempt
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #59
jaymemaurice

My Ride: 01 330ci, 03 Passat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackE46 View Post
very interesting, keep us posted on how this turns out if you attempt
Will do, but it will be a while because I'm in no hurry to buy the tail lights... even then I don't have DSC in my car

Rain Sensor Retrofit: Here
Coupe Headline Replacement: Here
jaymemaurice is offline   Reply With Quote