E46 Fanatics Forum banner

No more M Parallel replicas for E46?

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  scotts330 
#1 ·
I checked discount tire as well as wheel exchange and they don't list them for E46 3 series anymore :(

know any other place that sells them online?

#6 ·
Dude...that's sucks! I guess i got lucky when i bought mine last august at the Wheelexchange. However, the guy there did say that sometimes they're on backorder. Just keep checking back, they'll probably get some more in soon. Did you try to call the company and find out? Good luck.

#7 ·
yeah i too noticed that awhile ago,so i posted about it and after a little questioning it turns out bmw has this set of lawyers that do nothing but look for things with the bmw logo that doesn't involve them. at one point not terribly long ago they confiscated the design for the m parallel replica's and a few others. they took the design and even the machines that made the wheels,this was mostly located in italy,which is if you look on ebay is where most of them come from. its too bad i like the m parallel's too!

#8 ·
BealeAss said:
yeah i too noticed that awhile ago,so i posted about it and after a little questioning it turns out bmw has this set of lawyers that do nothing but look for things with the bmw logo that doesn't involve them. at one point not terribly long ago they confiscated the design for the m parallel replica's and a few others. they took the design and even the machines that made the wheels,this was mostly located in italy,which is if you look on ebay is where most of them come from. its too bad i like the m parallel's too!

That's weird though cause they still sell replica M68 and a couple of other M wheels at those companies? Why is just M parallel wheels affected? :dunno:

#11 ·
idoc330ci said:
That's weird though cause they still sell replica M68 and a couple of other M wheels at those companies? Why is just M parallel wheels affected? :dunno:
whats your thoughts on the replica rims?? is it worth buying them and saving $$$ from OEM. How close do they match the OEM and hows the quality?

#12 ·
sakram said:
whats your thoughts on the replica rims?? is it worth buying them and saving $$$ from OEM. How close do they match the OEM and hows the quality?

So far...i'm pretty satisfied with them. They still look as new as the day i got them. The rims are about 9 months old now. They look the same as OEM imo. The quality is very good actually with no vibrations...at first i was a little apprehensive about replicas but when i finally got them i was impressed. :thumbup: For the quality and the price i'm very happy :thumbup:

#13 ·
idoc330ci said:
So far...i'm pretty satisfied with them. They still look as new as the day i got them. The rims are about 9 months old now. They look the same as OEM imo. The quality is very good actually with no vibrations...at first i was a little apprehensive about replicas but when i finally got them i was impressed. :thumbup: For the quality and the price i'm very happy :thumbup:
hey idoc330ci..another message from scotts330 (i sent a private one praising your wheels then i found this thread)-- what size rims are you running? 8x18 front and ???? rear? what did they sell you for the E46? why can't we get the ones for the 7-series with 8x18 front and 9.5x18 rear? is it the offsets?

thanks again,

scott

#14 ·
scotts330 said:
hey idoc330ci..another message from scotts330 (i sent a private one praising your wheels then i found this thread)-- what size rims are you running? 8x18 front and ???? rear? what did they sell you for the E46? why can't we get the ones for the 7-series with 8x18 front and 9.5x18 rear? is it the offsets?

thanks again,

scott

the ones for E46 are all replicas. the reason why you can't use the 7 or 5 series oem ones is not because of the offset. that's the least of the problems.

e39 5 and e38 7 uses a 76.4mm hub diameter versus E46s 74mm... I might be off on the numbers but the fact is the hub diameter is too large for the E46.

I checked ebay on and off for about 2months and bid on the wheels with 4hrs to go. Got it for $624 total including shipping. They are 18x 8" all 4.

They are sitting in my living room waiting for tires to arrive :D

#15 ·
notE46 said:
the ones for E46 are all replicas. the reason why you can't use the 7 or 5 series oem ones is not because of the offset. that's the least of the problems.

e39 5 and e38 7 uses a 76.4mm hub diameter versus E46s 74mm... I might be off on the numbers but the fact is the hub diameter is too large for the E46.

I checked ebay on and off for about 2months and bid on the wheels with 4hrs to go. Got it for $624 total including shipping. They are 18x 8" all 4.

They are sitting in my living room waiting for tires to arrive :D
thanks for the info-- i saw those on ebay (the ones you just got), the only thing i wasn't thrilled about was having 8.0" widths on the rear (i've got 8.5x17 now with 245s on them)...i was hoping to upgrade to 9.0 or 9.5 to run with 255s. what size tire are you going with, 245?

great price on those, BTW...scott

#16 ·
scotts330 said:
thanks for the info-- i saw those on ebay (the ones you just got), the only thing i wasn't thrilled about was having 8.0" widths on the rear (i've got 8.5x17 now with 245s on them)...i was hoping to upgrade to 9.0 or 9.5 to run with 255s. what size tire are you going with, 245?

great price on those, BTW...scott

going to up 235/40/18s on all 4 corners. I don't care about how it's going to look (stance wise) so it's perfect. I can rotate the tires so they last longer. At the same time dial out some of the understeer. Lastly I'll probably end up with kumho MX which are wider than say michelin pilots sports in the same size so it should be fine. Either those or toyo t1-s which are a little bit wider.

#17 ·
notE46 said:
going to up 235/40/18s on all 4 corners. I don't care about how it's going to look (stance wise) so it's perfect. I can rotate the tires so they last longer. At the same time dial out some of the understeer. Lastly I'll probably end up with kumho MX which are wider than say michelin pilots sports in the same size so it should be fine. Either those or toyo t1-s which are a little bit wider.
yeah...it's nice to have the same wheels all around. cool man, thanks again for the feedback. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.