E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
PoloBlue67
Modded ///Member

My Ride: M
Europersona - WARNING- Don't get scammed!

Hey.

I just wanted to warn all of you of a MAJOR scam. I don't know if his company is still a sponsor of www.bmw-forums.com or not, but Europersona, run by Michael, is a complete SCAM.

I spoke with him numerous times about getting some parts for my e46 m3, and he was real helpful about it and responded to my IMs through AIM and e-mails. Then, I told him what parts I wanted, and sent him a money order. I ordered an Active Autowerke exhaust from him. He received the money and was told to order the part on April 6. He told me it would take about 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks. I agreed to that. It has been about 5 weeks and NO EXHAUST. I have e-mailed him numerous times and tried to IM him on AIM. He doesn't respond to anything. I also tried to call his phone. When he finally IMed me back about 1 week ago, he said the reason it hadn't been sent out was because "he was really busy". Last time I checked, BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. He doens't send out a product at his LEISURE!

Anyway, I just wanted to warn all of you to NOT BUY FROM EUROPERSONA!
The nice thing about this is that I have saved all of our e-mails, and IMs, and I'm taking legal action against him. My lawyer is analyzing the situation and I send him a warning e-mail 2 days ago. Now it's time to get some payback! People like this make people worried to buy stuff from others.

Can't wait to get more money than what I paid him! SUCKS FOR HIM!

-Kevin
PoloBlue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #2
3erdriver

My Ride: The Subway/NYC Taxi
out of curiosity why would you order an AA exhaust from anyone but AA?
3erdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
Skeeter

My Ride: 2003 M3
Send a message via AIM to Skeeter
thanks

Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
hakjai

My Ride: 04' 330ci, 95' M3
damn sorry to hear that, glad to know you're not letting this guy off the hook so easily,
maybe he didnt order from AA because like many people he was probably looking for a cheaper place to buy parts from
hakjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
jiggz

My Ride: '05 ZHP & '12 X5 50i
I don't know about all his parts, but I know he gets his OEM clears from bekkers.com (I instant messaged him awhile back). His price was the exact same price that bekkers had on their website so I thought why even go through him?

Thanks for the heads up - I've have seen other posts on this site and bmw-forums.com about unhappy europersona customers.
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:33 AM   #6
Cavalier2123

My Ride: 325i 2004
Send a message via AIM to Cavalier2123
Same thing happened to me. I ordered a set clear corners, sides, rears, chrome grill, and spoiler. This was back in March. The grill was "shipped last week" for about 2 months now. The spoiler has been getting "painted" for the same amount of time. I called a few body shops in his town and as soon as I mentioned his name they knew what was up. Needless to say the body shop there has not seen my spoiler. I have a meeting with my lawyer tommorrow afternoon as well to get this taken care.
Cavalier2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:56 AM   #7
omes

My Ride: E60 ///M5
Sorry to hear man, hope you stick it to that scammer. Fellow fanatics always pay with your credit card, mastercard,visa, amex have provisions in your cardholder agreements that protect you against this kinda stuff. I have bought stuff and paid the extra 1.5% (usual retailer fee) in order to use my credit card vs paying with money orders.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:57 AM   #8
Cavalier2123

My Ride: 325i 2004
Send a message via AIM to Cavalier2123
Great advice and I plan on putting it to use after this is all sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omes
Sorry to hear man, hope you stick it to that scammer. Fellow fanatics always pay with your credit card, mastercard,visa, amex have provisions in your cardholder agreements that protect you against this kinda stuff. I have bought stuff and paid the extra 1.5% (usual retailer fee) in order to use my credit card vs paying with money orders.
Cavalier2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:29 AM   #9
blackbmw330

My Ride: 2001 330ci
I agree. Stay away from this guy. I ordered silvervision's and painted reflectors from him last November. I waited 3 months and never got them. But eventually after posting on a few forums he finally send me the money back. I wouldn't wait any longer. I've heard that others that bought stuff from him got riped off as well. I would contact the local police like others have if you don't get your money back soon. Good luck.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:36 AM   #10
323iT

My Ride: AG 323i
Send a message via AIM to 323iT
thanks for the heads up
sorry to hear that you got scammed:ben:
Old 05-14-2004, 08:41 AM   #11
rearviewmirror

My Ride: 03 CB/Cinn M3 'vert
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via MSN to rearviewmirror
Makes me sick to hear these stories.. sounds like this guy needs a swift kick to the head.
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:07 AM   #12
bennyg

My Ride: T. Blau 325i
I'm curious but, what made you order from this guy in the first place? Did he advertise or post a deal too good to pass up? I myself will be looking for some mods soon so I just want to know what NOT to look for when shopping around.

well sorry to hear that someone scammed you - I hope you and your lawyer nail this bastard
Old 05-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #13
miktrebla09

My Ride: bicycle
I think I've read of these guys on an audi forum. Aren't they located near providence or something? Some people are not meant to go into business like this..."too busy"...psst. I hope you get your retribution, man. good luck
Old 05-14-2004, 09:29 AM   #14
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
Sorry to hear. Hope it's a lessoned learned tho. Any major purchase should be done with a credit card.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #15
04ragtop

My Ride: 04 330 Cic
I hope this works out for you. I got scammed on Ebay once for $2200 and it took almost a year to get my money back.

Not sure why you are expecting to get more from this guy than what you paid him. You'll be lucky to get your original $$ back. A four week delay in shipping doesn't put some sort of penalty payment in play here. He owes you an exhaust system or your money back and that's really it.
04ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:58 AM   #16
PoloBlue67
Modded ///Member

My Ride: M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ragtop
I hope this works out for you. I got scammed on Ebay once for $2200 and it took almost a year to get my money back.

Not sure why you are expecting to get more from this guy than what you paid him. You'll be lucky to get your original $$ back. A four week delay in shipping doesn't put some sort of penalty payment in play here. He owes you an exhaust system or your money back and that's really it.
It would have been one thing if it was a 4 week delay. I guess this guy is known for doing stuff like this. The FBI has been investigating this guy for quite some time and creating a huge file so they can take him to jail.

My order was placed on March 29. Today is July 22. A little more than a 4 week delay huh? :argue:

Also, he refuses to give my money back, so I'm going to have to wait until the FBI takes his ass to court.

-Kevin
PoloBlue67 is offline   Reply With Quote