E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
ashirji

My Ride: M3
M3 Cab- Low Miles, Heavily Optioned

I have an 02 SMG Steel Gray convertible M3. Car has 14K and is equipped with the following:
19's Nav, H/K, Xenons, Premium package, factory alarm, clear bra, new Michelin Pilots on the rear, 6 disk changer, black top, and cinnamon leather. Car is garage kept and nonsmoker owned in FL. Condition is as you would expect inside and out-simply outstanding. 5/02 build, 6/02 in service- warranty expires 6/06. I use 1Z polish and Glanz Wax on the paint, BMW leather care inside and Gummi Pfledge on the rubber seals. PLease e-mail ashirji@hotmail.com for more information/pics. Offered at $49.5K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0005.JPG
Views:	1335
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	78355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006.JPG
Views:	1327
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	78356   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.JPG
Views:	1347
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	78357  
ashirji is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
ashirji

ttt
Old 05-23-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
ashirji

ttt
Old 05-27-2004, 05:36 PM   #4
ashirji

Am I off on my price?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
goowatchi

My Ride: tiag step 330ci
Send a message via AIM to goowatchi
Definitely, you should drop the price at least $15k
Old 05-28-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
ashirji

Quote:
Originally Posted by goowatchi
Definitely, you should drop the price at least $15k
Ok.... Anyone else?
Old 05-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #7
advantyper

My Ride: Porsche Cayman S
The price is extremely high.. if you check trade in value... your car is only worth around $37.5K for a coupe.. thats Kelly blue book... $49k.. people rather just purchase a new for several thousands more.... If you'll sell for around $39K.. my brother would buy it this weekend.. ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashirji
Ok.... Anyone else?
advantyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:35 PM   #8
ashirji

Sorry to mislead you, but it is a cabriolet not a coupe. I thought the ad description and the pictures would make that clear.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:18 PM   #9
PfCxM3
Poor M3 Owner

My Ride: 02 M3 Cab
Send a message via AIM to PfCxM3
37k for a 02 m3 convertible smg?? 14k miles?? no way...
37k is more like a high mileage 01....where did u get that price from..
Old 05-29-2004, 03:00 AM   #10
advantyper

Kelly Blue Book is $38.5 for a 02 M3 coupe with 20k mileage.. forgot to check for M3 Vert... vert worth like $2000 more or something.. that is trade in value... so a little bit above trade in value is fair I think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfCxM3
37k for a 02 m3 convertible smg?? 14k miles?? no way...
37k is more like a high mileage 01....where did u get that price from..
Old 05-29-2004, 04:36 AM   #11
van_basten

msrp for a new m3 vert with his options is at about $65k. You really think it depreciates to $37.5 after driven for only 14k miles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantyper
The price is extremely high.. if you check trade in value... your car is only worth around $37.5K for a coupe.. thats Kelly blue book... $49k.. people rather just purchase a new for several thousands more.... If you'll sell for around $39K.. my brother would buy it this weekend.. ....
van_basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #12
ashirji

I have seen cars similar to mine in miles and options, and althought I can't confirm condition, they all seem to be priced in the upper 40's to low 50's. I think my price is on target given the options, miles and condition. The car did have a $64.5K MSRP when new, so it is one of the more expensive M3's out there. I appreciate you looking for a good deal, but I am afraid that this might not be the car for you or your brother. I wish you luck in your search.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:52 AM   #13
sansan

My Ride: '11 Cayenne S
Send a message via AIM to sansan
Quote:
I have seen cars similar to mine in miles and options, and althought I can't confirm condition, they all seem to be priced in the upper 40's to low 50's. I think my price is on target given the options, miles and condition. The car did have a $64.5K MSRP when new, so it is one of the more expensive M3's out there. I appreciate you looking for a good deal, but I am afraid that this might not be the car for you or your brother. I wish you luck in your search.
Why don't you go to the dealership, if you're buying a new car and have them appraise it? That way you know how much you could get without any hassle. Then if you want to sell it on your own, add a few thousand dollars.

This will give you a better feel as to what your car is worth.
sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:37 PM   #14
advantyper

Thats a great idea... dealer trade in or sell they usually give you Kelly Blue Book trade in value... ..that is the way to find out what the car is really worth..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
Why don't you go to the dealership, if you're buying a new car and have them appraise it? That way you know how much you could get without any hassle. Then if you want to sell it on your own, add a few thousand dollars.

This will give you a better feel as to what your car is worth.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:02 AM   #15
ashirji

I did go to the dealership, and based on what they offered for the car as trade value is how I made my decision to price it. I am actually below both KBB and Edmunds. I am quite sure that anyone who is interested enough in the car can contact me. I can put them in touch with the Manager at the Imported Car Store (Local BMW Dealership). Simply mention my name and the Manager, Service Advisor, and BMW Master Tech who know me will all be able to vouch for the condition of the car and the fussiness of the owner.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:06 PM   #16
cmackin300

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG Coupe
Send a message via MSN to cmackin300 Send a message via Yahoo to cmackin300
Didn't you get my email?

I think the price is pretty fair. I've been trying to reach you. Why don't you email me back? cmackin300@yahoo.com

Quote:
I did go to the dealership, and based on what they offered for the car as trade value is how I made my decision to price it. I am actually below both KBB and Edmunds. I am quite sure that anyone who is interested enough in the car can contact me. I can put them in touch with the Manager at the Imported Car Store (Local BMW Dealership). Simply mention my name and the Manager, Service Advisor, and BMW Master Tech who know me will all be able to vouch for the condition of the car and the fussiness of the owner.
cmackin300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #17
ashirji

M3 Cab Low Miles Heavily Optioned

I just sent you an e-mail cmackin300. I included my ph# on it. If you did not receive it, please contact me at ashirji@hotmail.com if you desire more pics/info.
Thanks
Old 06-03-2004, 04:35 AM   #18
suckamc

My Ride: Porsche 996 C4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by advantyper
Kelly Blue Book is $38.5 for a 02 M3 coupe with 20k mileage.. forgot to check for M3 Vert... vert worth like $2000 more or something.. that is trade in value... so a little bit above trade in value is fair I think..
That's flat out wrong...I just check kbb.com, for a 02 m3 coupe with smg,etc. 20k in excellent condition the private party price is $43,400, trade in value is even $40,100. I'm not sure what options you're punching in but his price is just about right (I was using a CA zip code FYI). The kbb for this cab is $49,300, according to kbb.

I challenge you to try to find a similarly equipped convertible for less than $45,000.

I just bought an 02 M3 with 13k on the clock so I have a fairly good idea of what market value for these cars are.

p.s. nice ride! Why are you selling?
suckamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:12 AM   #19
ashirji

Thanks for the post. I am selling because it is time to move on. My wife and I now have two beautiful girls. Since it is difficult to travel as a family in the M3 and I have no intention of selling my children, I am now looking at the AMG E55 as a replacement for my M.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #20
tv330i

My Ride: 02 /330i
Thats a good price

That is a really good price for that M3 Convertible what is the build date on that car? Did the 2002 M3 NAV system have the DVD or CD units?
02' 330i sport pkg, premium pkg, 6 cd changer, double xenons, heated seats. Metalic Gray. Dinan stage 1, Dinan tranny software, Licht Technik fog light bulbs. Gruppe M intake and stage 2 software installed.19x8.5 ACS type III two piece, with Nitto 555 235/35 all around. OEM M lip spoiler. Everything is sold.........
tv330i is offline   Reply With Quote