E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
tucker

My Ride: m3
JL Audio Stealthbox

OK, I just bought these, and then the wife gives me the OK to do a full blown system So, I have decided to sell these. Great shape, and played for maybe 3 weeks. I ran them with a JL 250/2 and they sound good. Perfect for the audiofile, but not pounding bass like some are after. A great light weight addition for those interested in beefing up or replacing the terrible HK system we all have. For those who aren't familiar with these, they are driven by JL 8WO woofers. If I didn't tell you they were used, you would not know the difference. Price is firm at 300 shipped. NO, I REPEAT, NO LOW BALL OFFERS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00252 JL.JPG
Views:	3202
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	82836   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00253 jl.JPG
Views:	3121
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	82837  
tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:04 PM   #2
JCz04Bimmer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci & 06 Z4MC
Send a message via AIM to JCz04Bimmer
Do you still have the amp? Also, shoot me a PM with your general price goal and we can take it from there.

JCz04Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
tucker

I am using the amp for another project. Price is 300 shipped.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:13 AM   #4
Skeeter

My Ride: 2003 M3
Send a message via AIM to Skeeter
r these plug and play with the stock HK?

Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
tucker

[QUOTE=m3urthy]r these plug and play with the stock HK?

Are you asking about the HK amp or speakers? These replace the 5.25 speakers in the rear deck. The HK amp for those of us who have to rear HK wanna be 6x9 subs will not push the stealthboxes hard enough. Hope that answered your question. I ran just the boxes with my stock HK front components and stock deck and it does sound substantially better.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #6
tucker

here are the specs from the JL Audio website,

Fits 1999-Up BMW 3-Series (E46)

Fits 2dr Coupe and 4dr Sedan

For the latest incarnation of the legendary BMW 3-series, we offer a Stealthbox® system molded in AMC material that takes up no trunk space.

The Stealthbox® units bolt up to the rear deck of both sedan and coupe models (replacing the stock rear speakers) to create a solid infinite-baffle installation in combination with the BMW’s well-sealed trunk compartment. This setup delivers outstanding sub-bass quality and impact.

The Hard Data:
Contains two 8IB4 subwoofers in a semi-enclosed, infinite baffle setup. 150 watt power handling. Can be wired for 8***937; stereo or 4***937; mono. Stealthbox® consists of two separate molded composite units, each loaded with one woofer. Attaches to the bottom of the rear deck with absolutely no cutting or drilling in models with folding rear seats. Sacrifices no trunk space! Fixed rear seat models require two small holes to be drilled. Will not fit the convertible or pre-1999 3-series. If equipped with factory Navigation and/or CD changer, carpeted trunk trim panel must be modified. Fits 2001-Up M3 models.

Model Name: SB-B-3SER99/8IB4
SKU: 94020
Color: Gray Trunkliner
Model years using this color: All
Match Grade: Perfect
Old 06-27-2004, 08:17 PM   #7
tucker

I have had a ton of PMs...Any Takers????
Old 06-28-2004, 09:51 PM   #8
srlai02

My Ride: 99' BMW 323i
Stealth Boxes for e46's are supposedly sold out in NA. Just a rumor i've heard.
srlai02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #9
tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by srlai02
Stealth Boxes for e46's are supposedly sold out in NA. Just a rumor i've heard.

You are correct...These are on permanenet allocation. Doesn't seem anyone can get these anymore. I had a heck of a time finding these a few weeks ago.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:08 AM   #10
CGRIZZ516

My Ride: 2000 323ci
and these take up no space in the trunk? Anyone have pics of the boxes installed in the e46 trunk? Pm or email thanks
CGRIZZ516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #11
tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRIZZ516
and these take up no space in the trunk? Anyone have pics of the boxes installed in the e46 trunk? Pm or email thanks

do a search on stealthboxes. there are a ton of people running these, and they do not take up any space at all
Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 PM   #12
tucker

I appreciate the interest in these, but they are now sold.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:30 PM   #13
JordanM3

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
JL will have them back in stock mid to late July.
JordanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:05 AM   #14
Shady325

My Ride: BMW 325i
JL makes these to order...

My stealthboxes are on order scheduled for delivery around mid-July and apparently JL Audio builds them only when the orders reach a certain level -- almost like Dell computers but not nearly as efficient. But, JL does make nice audio equipment.

Oh well, I will just have to wait...
"Patience is a virtue"
Shady325 is offline   Reply With Quote