E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
mperfct
dot eleven N for the win

My Ride: 97 M3
Send a message via AIM to mperfct Send a message via MSN to mperfct Send a message via Yahoo to mperfct
New Drivers for Williams/BMW?

Well, JPM is out, and what about Ralfie? I know just enough about F1 to be dangerous, so forgive me if some of the questions are out of line...

Could BMW get Rubens Barichello (sp?) from Ferrari next year? I figure he might like getting out of Sr. Schumi's shadow. Just a thought. Who else could be in the line up for next years F1 series?

My home theatre thread

Audi A6 4.2
mperfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Will ZCPM3

My Ride: ///M3
i dont consider barrichello to be in schumachers shadow at all. they are both racing very well. 1st and second place in drivers championship. and barrichello has said he likes racing against micheal on the same team, so i dont see any reason for him to want to leave.

i hate jpm hes a whiner
Old 06-21-2004, 06:49 AM   #3
Kain

My Ride: E39 M5...sold!
I'll be in the number 3 car.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #4
GordonMurray
Banned

My Ride: A German Motorcoach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX
Well, JPM is out, and what about Ralfie? I know just enough about F1 to be dangerous, so forgive me if some of the questions are out of line...

Could BMW get Rubens Barichello (sp?) from Ferrari next year? I figure he might like getting out of Sr. Schumi's shadow. Just a thought. Who else could be in the line up for next years F1 series?
No, not enough to be dangerous, just silly.

I think Davidson deserves a drive - look at his Friday and practice week times. I would like to see Ralf (assuming he recovers from his accident ok) and Anthony Davidson. If Ralf must leave (and go to Toyota) I would like to see JV come back or maybe even Mika Hakkinen, just so I can look at his wife some more.
GordonMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #5
Will ZCPM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonMurray
No, not enough to be dangerous, just silly.

I think Davidson deserves a drive - look at his Friday and practice week times. I would like to see Ralf (assuming he recovers from his accident ok) and Anthony Davidson. If Ralf must leave (and go to Toyota) I would like to see JV come back or maybe even Mika Hakkinen, just so I can look at his wife some more.

haha his wife is smokin
Old 06-21-2004, 01:32 PM   #6
GordonMurray
Banned

Mark Gene deserves a shot as well in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:07 AM   #7
Mpower619
Apexengineering.com

My Ride: 2000 328Ci(e46)
Well just in case you guys didnt know Mark Webber from Jaguar is to replace JPM next year as contracts have already been signed. Ralph will also be leaving Williams but Rumors say that Scott Dixon who races in CART will replace him. Scott Dixon has been practicing at Paul Rickard in France and was only 8 tenths of a second off of Buttons time on his first try. I dont know what will be of Ralph..
Old 06-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #8
GordonMurray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower619
Well just in case you guys didnt know Mark Webber from Jaguar is to replace JPM next year as contracts have already been signed. Ralph will also be leaving Williams but Rumors say that Scott Dixon who races in CART will replace him. Scott Dixon has been practicing at Paul Rickard in France and was only 8 tenths of a second off of Buttons time on his first try. I dont know what will be of Ralph..
What the hell are you smoking? To my knowledge, nothing has been signed with Webber (I hope not) and Dixon will not be a grid driver for Williams.

Unless you have some great source of information, you are smoking some wild s hit.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:44 PM   #9
malakia12

My Ride: 05 Xterra, 05 Sentra
Send a message via AIM to malakia12
I was also researching this topic and have yet to find anything saying that Webber signed with Williams yet. It is a real good possibility, but nothing finalized yet. have to wait and see I guess
Old 06-22-2004, 07:06 PM   #10
Mpower619
Apexengineering.com

My Ride: 2000 328Ci(e46)
Sorry Malakai is right the webber deal was not finalized and he will stay with jaguar till 2005. As for Dixon its almost a sure deal that he replaces JPM. and Ralf well he is still waiting for the williams team to say..My bad...
Old 06-23-2004, 08:40 AM   #11
malakia12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower619
Sorry Malakai is right the webber deal was not finalized and he will stay with jaguar till 2005. As for Dixon its almost a sure deal that he replaces JPM. and Ralf well he is still waiting for the williams team to say..My bad...
don't sweat it bro out of what I know(heard), JPM is going to McLaren, Webber is coming to Williams, and not sure where Ralph is going
Old 06-23-2004, 08:58 AM   #12
Talon Load

My Ride: '01 330i
The driver change for Williams is going to hurt that team I think. At least if both drivers leave. When JP books he is going to take Bud with him. The only reason they sigend was because of JP. I know Townsend Bell is trying to get a deal in F1, but it doesn't look to good. I kinda wonder if Jeff Gordon isn't going to try to make the jump. He was running around in the Williams Pits again this year and he drove the car last year and did well enough to actually make the gird. He would bring a lot of money with him, i.e. Dupont and probablay Pepsi and most NASCAR fans would like to see him go anyway. The only thing that I'd hate to see come with a ex NASCAR driver would be the redneck fans. There were some people there last weekend that were questionable as it is. I think Ralf is making a mistake if he slides over to Toyota though. JMO

Girl almost makes the Marine Corps look good, almost.
Talon Load is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 AM   #13
malakia12

The only thing that I'd hate to see come with a ex NASCAR driver would be the redneck fans. There were some people there last weekend that were questionable as it is. I think Ralf is making a mistake if he slides over to Toyota though. JMO[/QUOTE]
Old 06-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #14
Talon Load

I take it you agree. The two women sitting across from us in the retal car shuttle where so scarry that I though I might need a rabies shot just looking at them. That was one fun event though. I can't hardly wait to go next year. I need to get my pics cleaned up and posted. Did you drive up? I thought I saw your car driving by the track.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #15
malakia12

yeah, I agree with you. I was in the paddock area, right in front of the winners circle actually. we did not really have any weird fans around that area. yeah, you probably saw me driving, we drove everyday from the hotel to the track. I had a blast too, and I am definitely going next year. I wanted to stay til Monday night to take my car on the track, but we left at 5 am from Indy to go back home.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #16
Talon Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakia12
I wanted to stay til Monday night to take my car on the track, but we left at 5 am from Indy to go back home.
You were right over from me. I was in front of the Ferrari Pits on the upper level of the Paddock. We left out on Monday afternoon and didn't get do to the drive either. We we went and renewed our tickets they told us about the drive and the fastest you could go was 30 mph. I'll stick around another day next year though to do it.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:37 AM   #17
malakia12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Load
You were right over from me. I was in front of the Ferrari Pits on the upper level of the Paddock. We left out on Monday afternoon and didn't get do to the drive either. We we went and renewed our tickets they told us about the drive and the fastest you could go was 30 mph. I'll stick around another day next year though to do it.
yeah, I heard that it was under "controlled conditions", which was expected, but 30 mph is a little too slow. Still nice to be able to drive your car on the track though. Thats pretty funny that you were right above us
Old 06-24-2004, 03:10 PM   #18
GordonMurray
Banned

This forum needs real F1 fans.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:13 PM   #19
Will ZCPM3

Quote:
then leave

go find an f1 forum
Old 06-25-2004, 10:05 AM   #20
malakia12

Quote:
Sorry that our lives do not revolve around F1, but some people do have a life outside of the automotive world, and F1 is not our top priority. Understood, GOOD!