E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
drew330

My Ride: c325 coupe
I'll never buy from www.tiretrends.com again!

It's a long story, but I think it is worth reading.

I ordered a set of Eibach pro-kit from tiretrends.com for my 04 cooper. When I received my purchase order I notice that they are shipping me the parts no. 5701.140, however according to the Eibach website the 04 cooper should be using 5702.140.

I quickly called them back, told them that they have got the parts no wrong. Later, they called back and insist that the parts no is right, they said the confirmed that with Eibach. I trusted them (which turned out to be a big mistake!) and so they shipped me with 5702.140, the wrong springs.

This morning (Friday) I bought my car to a local bodyshop, an hour later they told me that they have disassembled the suspensions and found that the springs didn't fit! If they put back the stock springs and gave the car back to me they had to charge me $120 for the labour. They were kind enough to wait for me to bring them the right set of springs, however my car took up one of their service bay which makes me feel very sorry about them. Therefore I had to find the correct spring as soon as possible so the installation can continue.

So I called tiretrends again and told them about the situation, they were willing to let me return the springs. However when I requested them to send me the correct springs with express delivery they wanted another $50 to cover the shipping cost They claimed that they will only pay for the ground shipping cost and if I want express shipping I'll need to pay for the difference. I refused to pay for the extra and returned them the springs.

I'm very disappointed with the fact that they were not willing to pay for the express shipping. It already pointed out to them that they have got the wrong parts number, and they still decided to ship me the wrong parts. They caused so much trouble to a customer (I will be without a car for at least 5 days ) and they still refuse to do something that makes the customer happy.

Let me know if you think I'm wrong, but I think that my request to have the springs shipped to me with express delivery is a very reasonable one, given the fact that I can't reassmeble the car without the springs!! If I were the store owner, I'd pay the customer to reinstall the stock spring and ship the product as soon as possible. Obviously they don't know what is customer service. They now not only lost a customer but also lost they reputation because I'm spreading the words.

I'm 100% certain that I'll never buy from them again, and I think anyone on this forum should also reconsider buying from this store.
drew330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
dbtheo
Bahn Burnah

My Ride: 323i/ 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew330
It's a long story, but I think it is worth reading.

I ordered a set of Eibach pro-kit from tiretrends.com for my 04 cooper. When I received my purchase order I notice that they are shipping me the parts no. 5701.140, however according to the Eibach website the 04 cooper should be using 5702.140.

I quickly called them back, told them that they have got the parts no wrong. Later, they called back and insist that the parts no is right, they said the confirmed that with Eibach. I trusted them (which turned out to be a big mistake!) and so they shipped me with 5702.140, the wrong springs.

This morning (Friday) I bought my car to a local bodyshop, an hour later they told me that they have disassembled the suspensions and found that the springs didn't fit! If they put back the stock springs and gave the car back to me they had to charge me $120 for the labour. They were kind enough to wait for me to bring them the right set of springs, however my car took up one of their service bay which makes me feel very sorry about them. Therefore I had to find the correct spring as soon as possible so the installation can continue.

So I called tiretrends again and told them about the situation, they were willing to let me return the springs. However when I requested them to send me the correct springs with express delivery they wanted another $50 to cover the shipping cost They claimed that they will only pay for the ground shipping cost and if I want express shipping I'll need to pay for the difference. I refused to pay for the extra and returned them the springs.

I'm very disappointed with the fact that they were not willing to pay for the express shipping. It already pointed out to them that they have got the wrong parts number, and they still decided to ship me the wrong parts. They caused so much trouble to a customer (I will be without a car for at least 5 days ) and they still refuse to do something that makes the customer happy.

Let me know if you think I'm wrong, but I think that my request to have the springs shipped to me with express delivery is a very reasonable one, given the fact that I can't reassmeble the car without the springs!! If I were the store owner, I'd pay the customer to reinstall the stock spring and ship the product as soon as possible. Obviously they don't know what is customer service. They now not only lost a customer but also lost they reputation because I'm spreading the words.

I'm 100% certain that I'll never buy from them again, and I think anyone on this forum should also reconsider buying from this store.
I'd do the same :thumbup:
dbtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #3
dumayou

My Ride: 2008 M6
Send a message via AIM to dumayou
i'm sorry to hear that man..i'm with you on this...
dumayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
drew330

My Ride: c325 coupe
Thanks for the support! I hope no one would blame me posting on the wrong forum. I just want to share my experience here so that people will not make the same mistake again. And hey, mini is also made by BMW! :)
drew330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:29 AM   #5
BlackChrome
No more E46 :(

My Ride: 2001 3.0L Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew330
That's VERY reasonable! In fact, if I were them, I'd offer you a discount for future purchase [i[in addition[/i] to your request. That way, I know you'll buy from us again and give us another chance.

Guess they failed Customer Service 101 at school. :thumbdwn:
Old 07-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #6
R1blade75

My Ride: From an M to an R
It never ceases to amaze me that companies such as the one mentioned would willing screw themselves. It appears they are all in for the short monetary gains.

They cheaped out and saved themselves $ 50 now and lost out not only on one customer, but possibly more. I know I would not feel comfortable purchasing from.

Look at it from another perspective, if you were a business owner, would you pay $ 50 for effective advertisment?
R1blade75 is offline   Reply With Quote