E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
Temonio

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Breast Reduction

My wife is considering getting breast reduction surgery. Well actually, she's considered it for a while, but now she's ready to act on it. She's a 112 lb DD'er, so she hates the attention. Do any of you guys know anyone that's had this procedure? and are they happy with their decision? I'm just trying to be supportive for her.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
a girl in my high school had it. It was good for her back, and they were still big. If there's no scarring or weird skin flappage, go for it. You might miss the giant bombs, but hey, it'll be different, that could be good.

I've never heard of anyone complaining about it.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
If you are planning to have kids, make sure you ask the doctor or do research if there are any repercusions or problems during or after pregnancy.

It will definitely put less strain on her back in the long run, so that is a benefit.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
twistedangel

My Ride: 00 328i SP/ '60 Benz
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temonio
My wife is considering getting breast reduction surgery. Well actually, she's considered it for a while, but now she's ready to act on it. She's a 112 lb DD'er, so she hates the attention. Do any of you guys know anyone that's had this procedure? and are they happy with their decision? I'm just trying to be supportive for her.
Being a girl (with little boobies and small frame), I've heard of lots of small frame girls with bigguns that wanted smaller for (usually) back reasons.

When they perform this surgery, the boobies will generally have a better lift and shape than naturally (read "less sag")

I don't know how artistic plastic surgery is in DC, nor do I know the laws surrounding practice out there, but make sure to get good referrals before letting the doc touch her. This is one of the most artistic kinds of boobs jobs (implants are one thing, but there is usually a relocating of the nipple, skin removal, and tissue removal involved in reductions) and it is important that your doctor has many happy patients in this EXACT procedure.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
I love when girls use the word boobies.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
comutek

My Ride: 3er
I have a friend that had it done in HS, I'm not sure what went wrong but there is still some scarring like 5-6 years later. Both of her parents are doctors so I know she had it done w/ a respected surgeon.

Last edited by comutek; 07-22-2004 at 11:41 AM.
comutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #7
Unveiled

I had an ex-g/f have this surgery. She got a reduction, and was still a D, but it was better for her back (as Dave mentioned above). I often hear women w/ big breasts shun women who would even consider getting an enlargement. Does your wife feel the same?
Old 07-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
noahabel
Wacko 4 Jacko

My Ride: is old
Send a message via AIM to noahabel Send a message via MSN to noahabel
Krystin is right, she should definitely get the best Doctor for the job. There is a high potential for scarring and want the best hands working on your wife no matter what, right.

That sounded kind of dirty. Sorry.

In any case, I've known several women (friends) who have done it, and loved the results. Back problems notwithstanding, there is a sort of psychological relief that comes from no longer having your breasts be the only things people look at.

Good for her, and good luck.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
Temonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedangel
Being a girl (with little boobies and small frame), I've heard of lots of small frame girls with bigguns that wanted smaller for (usually) back reasons.

When they perform this surgery, the boobies will generally have a better lift and shape than naturally (read "less sag")

I don't know how artistic plastic surgery is in DC, nor do I know the laws surrounding practice out there, but make sure to get good referrals before letting the doc touch her. This is one of the most artistic kinds of boobs jobs (implants are one thing, but there is usually a relocating of the nipple, skin removal, and tissue removal involved in reductions) and it is important that your doctor has many happy patients in this EXACT procedure.
Yes, it is for back reasons as well. I forgot to mention that. The idea actually came from her doctor, but she was pregnant at the time, so they wanted to make sure the back and neck pain wasn't coming from the baby-belly. The procedure may not be done in DC. Our military insurance is going to pay for most if not all of it, so it will more than likely be done in Texas.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:52 AM   #10
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
you said military doctor and I got a quick shiver

If she's getting it to reduce the stares from the guys, I doubt it's going to do much for that, at her size, both frame and breast, she's still going to get them...guys like to look at boobs, no getting around it.

My sister had it done to take the "load" off her back, and she's happier for it, I think they took her down to a C
Old 07-22-2004, 11:56 AM   #11
adrenaline

My Ride: E92
well, as long as you make sure it's being done by a pro and it'll help her back, then that is definetely what should be done... a friend of mine from uni got it done, and it did wonders for her back, she felt great after it!
Old 07-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #12
Temonio

Yeah, I thought they were going to do it themselves and i was like "no thanks." But they told me we'd get the chance to pretty much choose our Doc. The oddly enough (as much as she comlains about it) the pain isn't the main motivator. She's like "I can get them reduced? I can wear tank tops? Where do i sign up?" I was like what about your back pain? She told me she's dealt with the pain so long, she doesn't think about it much.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:14 PM   #13
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
why does she have to get them reduced to wear tank tops? I got a fat ass woman here at work with morbidly huge fat boobs and she wears tank/tub tops all the time
Old 07-22-2004, 12:21 PM   #14
adrenaline

My Ride: E92
as long as she gets the weight off her chest.... I mean her back, I mean....uh....don't know what i mean, really..... uh....yeah...that's it....
Old 07-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #15
Unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline
as long as she gets the weight off her chest.... I mean her back, I mean....uh....don't know what i mean, really..... uh....yeah...that's it....
Old 07-22-2004, 12:39 PM   #16
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
send the leftovers to me in a baggie, i want to play with them
Old 07-22-2004, 12:41 PM   #17
Unveiled

Because of this thread, I will testify to women in all regions that breast reductions will minimize slipped disks and decrease lumbar pain. Scoliosis due to one breast being heavier than the other (thus causing a terrible off-center lean) will be cured.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:54 PM   #18
Temonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
Because of this thread, I will testify to women in all regions that breast reductions will minimize slipped disks and decrease lumbar pain. Scoliosis due to one breast being heavier than the other (thus causing a terrible off-center lean) will be cured.
You for got to add the surgery will reduce the chances of the nipples pointing directly to the floor.

On a more serious note...I personally am worried about scars. From eveything I've read, Black women that get reductions scar more permenantly than white females.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #19
poppy6985

My Ride: imola S4
Send a message via AIM to poppy6985
may i be the first

Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #20
tinaning123
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temonio View Post
I think the result of breast reduction depends on operation of doctor, that is say, it focus on medical skills. Some people have successful operation so that they feel happy. If the breast reduction surgery has been failed, they maybe feel sad. So i think you should take her to the top hospital.
tinaning123 is offline   Reply With Quote