E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-20-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
check engine light code p0102

so i get a "Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit low Input" code. So I tighten all the clamps and reset the light using the obd2 scanner. As soon as I start the engine I get the check light again. I try replacing my MAF sensor with my friends 330i. Again I reset the code and the check light pops back up. Is there a different reset done by the dealers othere than the resetting of the codes im doing with the scanner??? Do I need to drive around 3 driving cycles??? what does low voltage mean anyway???? any help would be appreciated

-TiA

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:12 AM   #2
kshin001

My Ride: 2001 325ci
fault code p0102

I get the same code all the time. Another member told me it is because I have a CAI and the engine is sucking up too much cold air so my MAF sensors cool too fast, thus causing the engine software programming to readjust and have the engine run lean (this is why I sometimes stall crusing in neutral). I think gettin new programming (shark injector) is a must. But again, I am not 100% positive, if anyone else has any other input, please share .
kshin001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
oqashu

My Ride: 330ci
I have a shark injector, and i get that code. I am replacing my MAF soon. my car stalls when idling and slowing down.
oqashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
brand new maf still gave me the code.. i wonder if it has todo with the maf plug getting wet

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
sactowns03e46

My Ride: 330i
P0102- Mass or volume air flow circuit low input
sactowns03e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
dave330i

My Ride: 2001 330i steel blue
What is the cause of the low input p0102, dirty MAF or is is another issue?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
I think it has todo with water resdue in the plug of the maf it self. I ocvered the outside of the maff with plastic and zuptied it so no water would touch the actual plug and i m still CEL free.. 3or 4 weeks now

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
getting the same problem now, anyone has an idea?

Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
FMANALOPR

My Ride: 330ci
Im also wondering.....I replaced mine last night with a brand new one and still getting that damn code!!!!!!!!!
FMANALOPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
hey put back on my stock airbox, everything is a okay now. lol

Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
dave330i

I changed the MAF, runs alot better, code went off, then came back, I had a friend clear it last night, still has not come back yet
Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
sonspot

My Ride: 330I Spot/Prem/cold
a few members had this problem, they had a vacum leak and the dealer upgraded the software, they would stale at a stop.

thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #13
dave330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonspot View Post
a few members had this problem, they had a vacum leak and the dealer upgraded the software, they would stale at a stop.

thanks
yep, I do get the stall from time to time...rarely but always at the worst time...new sensor was on for 2 days and the code is back again, I cannot go to a stock airbox as I have the AA Supercharger...I have contacted them for tech help and have gotten extremely little to no help, they do not respond much.

Where is this vaccum leak usually that would cause this, I need ANY info I can get....
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
mr hahn

My Ride: 02 330ci
I took out my stock air box today and put a aftermarket cone filter on my 330ci and I started running bad and my light came on. Reset the light 3 times just got sick of it so I put the stock air box back in the car and it runs fine with no light. That sucks b/c I did like having the cone filter on my car it had a little more power. I also too out the honey cone out of my MAF witch did help out with a little added power.
mr hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #15
bm3mhark

My Ride: 03-330ci
have a question ? what is SERVICE ENGINE SOON ?? i already change my OIL , but the lights still on =(( ....
bm3mhark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
ken@bimmertools
Is NOT A Mechanic

My Ride: E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm3mhark View Post
have a question ? what is SERVICE ENGINE SOON ?? i already change my OIL , but the lights still on =(( ....
Hi - the "Service Engine Soon" light is the same as a "Check Engine" light. It indicates that the vehicle's diagnostic system has detected a fault or a problem. It is unrelated to oil changes and service (which are reminders that must also be reset manually).

Please read the article linked in my signature below titled "Is Your Check Engine Light On?" - you'll find more detailed descriptions of your BMW's diagnostic system and your options on how to read and reset warning codes.

If you have any questions about the information in the article, or the tools that we sell to deal with trouble codes, please email me - ken@bimmertools.com

Good luck,

Ken

Bimmertools is under new ownership! Please welcome Taylor@bimmertools.com.
Click Here to say hi.
ken@bimmertools is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
I just put in a gruppe M intake 2 weeks ago and I got a check engine light. I dont have the scanner to check the code but Im guessing thats it. My car has been running fine

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #18
EURO M3 CSL

My Ride: 05' Comp M3-CSL
Send a message via AIM to EURO M3 CSL
got this p0102 code on my friends 01' 325i. any1 found out what the likely problem is? The car used to throw a p0171 and p0174 code (bank 1 & 2 too lean). Changed out the intake manifold and the code went away. But now i have the P0102 that I did not have before. Any suggestions?
EURO M3 CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
Trasho

My Ride: 325xi
P0102

Please need help with this code...... have changed the throttle body and went through two maf's, was putting out too lean bank 1 and 2 code before chagning these two and now i get a p0102. i have taken the boot engine side off to inspect for leaks non found and even used electrical tape on all the ribbed portions of the boot hopeing that it would cover a leak not found. have checked the voltage to the plug in for the mass airflow and get the ground coming back good, 13.4 volts at idle on one circuit and only .04 for the last circuit. not sure these are the numbers i need but seemed as though this isnt the problem. the car is a 2001 325xi all wheel drive. while this code is on, my car is stuck in limp mode with a socket next to the gear postion on the dash and also i get bad gas mileage please any help would be greatly greatly apreciated.

Last edited by Trasho; 07-22-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Trasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #20
DDNPresident

My Ride: 2004 325i (E46)
Send a message via AIM to DDNPresident
same issue here... Anyone?
DDNPresident is offline   Reply With Quote