E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2002, 06:22 PM   #1
tv330i

My Ride: 02 /330i
Dinan stage 1 software review

I just got my car back from the dealership and they installed the Dinan stage 1 engine software and Transmission software upgrade.
All I can say is holly Sheit I love it! This is how BMW should have released the car instead of making me pay 905.00 dollars to get it that way. The pedal feel is way better no more mushy feel or lag before the car launches, low end and mid range torque seems much better, no more excessive down shifts in fact it seems like the car never shifts it just keeps building more speed. IF anyone is wanting to improve on the pedal feel of the car this is the ticket. I had to be careful not to push to hard on the pedal the first few stop lights because the car would lunge forward, thats a big change from the way it used to feel where I had to push 1/4 down to get it to go espcially with the A/C on. Definitely makes driving with the air conditioner on more fun now.
The car feels like my '99 GS400 on low end torque.

I think the software upgrades are worth the price but BMW should have done this to begin with.

Next week is the Dinan CAI upgrade with stage 2 software. Stage 2 is free with purchase of the CAI. I will do a review of that to.
02' 330i sport pkg, premium pkg, 6 cd changer, double xenons, heated seats. Metalic Gray. Dinan stage 1, Dinan tranny software, Licht Technik fog light bulbs. Gruppe M intake and stage 2 software installed.19x8.5 ACS type III two piece, with Nitto 555 235/35 all around. OEM M lip spoiler. Everything is sold.........

Last edited by tv330i; 07-25-2002 at 06:25 PM.
tv330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:33 PM   #2
jun14scr
booo for body roll.

My Ride: 2009 335i.
free?! thats not fiar!!!!!
jun14scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 06:44 PM   #3
andy7771

My Ride: 2003 Carbon Black M3
yes, it is FREE... i still dont get why ppl spend money on other intakes with dinan stage 2 software for 300 bucks more
Old 07-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #4
DJ-SF

My Ride: 2004 E46 M3
Dinan Throttle Body

Hey Andy,

I was thinking about getting the High Flow Throttle Body
what's your feedback on it.....

Is it worth the additional $600+

2004 ///M3 MT-Silver Grey Metalic
DJ-SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:55 PM   #5
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
just wait

You think that your car drives good now just wait until you get the CAI it is awesome and that is the only way to describe it. Whoever says they don't like the his sound must be crazy because ever since I got mine I hardly ever listened to the stereo anymore but just rolled the window down a bit and listened to the roar.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #6
tv330i

My Ride: 02 /330i
Dinan CAI sounds

You guys that have the Dinan CAI, whats the sound thing that everyone says you here? is it loud? can you here it with the windows up? can you here it with the windows down?

Is it a hissing sound?

Do you guys think it is worth it to upgrade?
02' 330i sport pkg, premium pkg, 6 cd changer, double xenons, heated seats. Metalic Gray. Dinan stage 1, Dinan tranny software, Licht Technik fog light bulbs. Gruppe M intake and stage 2 software installed.19x8.5 ACS type III two piece, with Nitto 555 235/35 all around. OEM M lip spoiler. Everything is sold.........
tv330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:07 AM   #7
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
Quote:
Originally posted by andy7771
yes, it is FREE... i still dont get why ppl spend money on other intakes with dinan stage 2 software for 300 bucks more
It's only free if you have purchased stage 1 already.

So if you don't have stage 1, if you buy the CAI, the stage 2 will be charged.

TV330i---yes I would recommend getting an intake. There is a hiss when at idle and when just engaging the throttle, but the roar that emits from under the hood when at full throttle is awesome, sweet growl. Personally I like Dinan, but for the most part all the intakes perform fairly close.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:12 AM   #8
Lotek
[_33-l- [_a[\/]e[R

My Ride: 330CiM
Send a message via AIM to Lotek
know the feeling

I know how ya feel. the car kinda stands and goes. kinda weird. I cant wait till my computer software sets in..
  • Dinan Stage 3 Software
  • Dinan Carbon Fiber Engine Covers
  • Dinan Strut Tower Brace
  • NX Direct Port Nitrous Injection
  • RE Pulleys
  • Roof Mounted 50cal.
  • Fluffy Bunny Slippers
Lotek is offline   Reply With Quote