E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Asia

Asia

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #761
daytonaviolet

My Ride: 2004 M3
Send a message via AIM to daytonaviolet Send a message via MSN to daytonaviolet Send a message via Yahoo to daytonaviolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mksu19 View Post
Hey y'all! Hubby and I might go on holidays in Manila this Christmas. Anyone wanna invite us for a Bimmer meet while we're there? I'll be posting final plans a few weeks before we leave for the Islands. Thanks in advanced folks!!!
i may be there later part of dec to mid jan
Old 08-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #762
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW View Post
To give you guys an idea, here's a link to a 2002 M3 for sale here. At 46 pesos to $1 current exchange. You do the math.

http://www.bmwcarclub.org.ph/forum/s...ad.php?p=37466
I don't see a price

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #763
ToddBell

My Ride: BMER
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
I don't see a price
2002 BMW M3
-14t miles
-tax paid
-manila plates
-3.388m neg that's P3,388,000

That's roughly $73,652 based on P46/$1 exchange rate.

I was on a business trip in 07 luckily there was a BMW expo near Makati, I believe it was in Serendra? and the salesman gave me a pricelist and still have it to remind me how good we have it here. Here's a sample.

New car Price with VAT in 07
325i P3,450,000 /46 > $75,000
z4 3.0si roadster P4,820,00 /46 > $104,782
760Li P15,500,000 /46 > $336,956 That is crazy!

You won't realize how good we have it until you travel outside the country.
ToddBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #764
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
cars are expensive in PI.. because the dealer or the businessman putting a huge mark up to its original price....
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #765
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
^ It's more because of the crazy gov't taxes and duties.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #766
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
and used car in pinas don't depreciate much!
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #767
JDE330CI

My Ride: 330ci
cars are very expensive and how people can afford?
JDE330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #768
daytonaviolet

Send a message via AIM to daytonaviolet Send a message via MSN to daytonaviolet Send a message via Yahoo to daytonaviolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE330CI View Post
cars are very expensive and how people can afford?
only folks with $$ will buy cars in pinas. the rest will take public transportation ie.. MRT, jeepney, buses ...
Old 08-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #769
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Import duty is a b!tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #770
DOPE619

My Ride: 04 rx8, 97 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
only folks with $$ will buy cars in pinas. the rest will take public transportation ie.. MRT, jeepney, buses ...
tricycles and jeepney were the main things i used when i lived there. bus and MAYBE taxi if i felt rich, to go really far.

87 benz - friend crashed it
91 420sx driven sidewayz - sold
89 integra beater - towed
00' 3.28i - SOLD =[
06 Gangsta35 - sold
04 mazda rx8 - sold
97 e36 m3 - sold
02 m3 vert - sold
04 350z - current for sale
DOPE619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #771
daytonaviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE619 View Post
tricycles and jeepney were the main things i used when i lived there. bus and MAYBE taxi if i felt rich, to go really far.
i spent a few weeks in quezon city 4mo ago. during the day, i had no problem taking the jeapneys. but dam.. its hot as $!#$ and the exhaust smell and noise was just overwelming somtimes. but a night time, i had to take the taxi with aircon. i didnt want to show up at the girly bars all hot and sticky.. well.. at least not yet
Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #772
///MR3LIGION

My Ride: y2k E46roid/ GSXR750
Angry Our silly @$$ task force.........

shame shame shame........

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,543735.story
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #773
daytonaviolet

yeah i was following that this morning... here are the cliff notes and please correct me if im wrong.

1. Rolando Mendoza, 55 (former police captain) hi-jacked a Chinese tour bus
2. Demands to be reinstated after being fired from his job last year (charged with robbery, extortion and grave threats after a Manila hotel chef filed a complaint alleging they falsely accused him of using drugs to extort money. Mendoza was fired last year but claimed he was innocent.)
3. Manila police brings in Mendoza's brother to talk to him (upsets him more since police arrest him)
4. Mendoza then shoots at some hostages
5. Bus driver escapes and tells SWAT team that all the hostages are dead
6. Swat then tries to rush the bus (break windows, fail at ripping the door off with a rope, throws tear gas and night sticks in to the bus)
7. Swat rushes the bus to only find that the gunmen is still alive and shoots one members of swat
8. Mendoza rushes to the front of the bus because of all the tear gas and then gets shot in the head by sniper
9. Then all hell breaks loose.. for 10 seconds.. everyone and there moma starts shooting at the front of the bus.. WTF

so.. who killed the hostages?? the hi-jacker or was it friendly fire from the SWAT/NBI team when trying to take out the gunmen??

Last edited by daytonaviolet; 08-23-2010 at 08:37 PM.
daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:57 AM   #774
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Aside from the police, I think the media is partly to blame also.

Here is a recreation by the HK police of the hostage killing.

Video inside.

http://hk.dv.nextmedia.com/template/...av_id=14376780

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #775
daytonaviolet

i strongly believe that once the bus driver escaped (let go).. he wrongfully gave the impression that all the hostages was dead. this lead the swat team to go bezerk and start shooting. what about if there was some hostages still alive.. why shoot into a bus with hostages.. dumb.. i cant believe how all of this went down.

Last edited by daytonaviolet; 08-24-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #776
Hartge50
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH

My Ride: The Hertz Mobile
So were there any hostages that lived throughout this whole ordeal or was everyone dead?

Great tactic by the swat. Someones going to do some serious esplanation...Lucy!!!! lol!!

Hartge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #777
daytonaviolet

Quote:
Four men and four women were killed in the standoff, authorities in Hong Kong said. One passenger was critically wounded and six others were hospitalized with less serious injuries after the 10-hour standoff erupted into gunfire, Tsang said.

The Hong Kong-based tour guide was among those who died, Hong Thai Travel said in a statement. Some of the victims were insured and would be compensated, the travel agency said.

The gunman released nine of the hostages, including a mother and her three children, a man with diabetes, and two photographers. The bus driver also escaped.

Last edited by daytonaviolet; 08-24-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #778
///MR3LIGION

My Ride: y2k E46roid/ GSXR750
A friend of mine wrote an interesting letter to address to our fellow kababayan...... Just hold on to your horses, coz he does have a point.
HERE YA GO:

" To my fellow Filipinos,

I'm sure many of you have strong feelings for the recent hostage crisis. It is painfully frustrating to witness a botched operation costing innocent lives and our defacing before the international community.

Yes, so many things went wrong. So many "obvious" and terribly "stupid" mistakes were made. Our police force was inadequately trained. The media did not help by compromising the operations of the police. And the big question: what ever happened to negotiations? The whole thing was just so stupid, so careless that perhaps many of you feel that if you were there, you could have easily done a better job.

But something isn't right here. We chastise the people on the scene for their mistakes as if they were not fellow Filipinos. We reprimand them for the failure as if success was solely a function of their willingness to do a good job. We rant that "they" are stupid as if "we" know better.

What isn't right here is that those who hate on the police, the media and whoever else were there aren't looking at the bigger picture. The cops weren't trained, were ill equipped and clumsy, but why? All these problems were brought about by the social reality in our country. And this reality is something we are ALL responsible for: the finger-pointing, the divide between fellow-Filipinos, the arrogance, the selfishness and the hatred.

My point is that this was not a failure of a police force or of the media, but of the nation. We are quick to hate the police, but did we ever give them the respect to motivate them towards excellence? Did we ever express how much we appreciate their risking their lives for others even though they are not paid well? Or have we completely resigned to the stereotype of bribe-hungry cops, and have we pushed the few remaining decent policemen into corruption by doing so? Did we ever challenge the media to be more discerning, to be more judicious? Or have we simply invited the media to provide us with the latest chismis, regardless? Most importantly, have we ever done anything to better our nation, or have we barricaded ourselves into our comfort zones accusing others of mistakes such as this as if the problems of our country are always exclusively of some other Filipino's?

This entire mess is the responsibility of the Filipino with the sledge hammer by the bus door as much as it is of the Filipino with a laptop ranting with Facebook statuses. If I may tolerate divisive language for a moment, they messed up their tactics, but we disrespected them, tempted them with bribes, corrupted them and hated them. None of these will make it any better the second time around.

This is our mistake. Take responsibility. "
Sign his name....
Old 08-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #779
lilpymp

My Ride: e46
pinoy repping LA!
lilpymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #780
Hartge50
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH

My Ride: The Hertz Mobile
^^ As humble as that letter may come across it's still very sad.

I say this because if you look at it from the people of HK's perspective i don't think they would care. They would look at it as how it was handled and as an end result it wasn't very well.

Hartge50 is offline   Reply With Quote