General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rating:|
|12-20-2006, 01:29 AM||#743|
Mine tore today....
Please add me.
Amistry 2000 328ci 83k miles, tearing rear driver subframe.
Jhuff328ci -----> Sounds like you had a good experience with that dealer. Do you think its worth me getting my car up to the bay area so your dealer would fix my car?
|12-20-2006, 04:47 AM||#744|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SF, CA
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Amistry-see entry #741-I would first make copies of the class action lawsuit thats pending and bring it in to your local dealership and see what they say. The link is in entry #741. You may even want to contact them. I did. Just in case. Go in to your local dealership armed with as much info on this as possible. See what they say and then take it from there. BMW needs to take care of all of us. Supposedly in Germany BMW sent out mailers to all of its customers with 3 series cars from 1999-2005 asking them to come in for a free inspection. We seem to be a little behind the times. Maybe we just need to have our voices heard a little bit LOUDER!!! BMW knows as well as you do that this had NOTHING to do with your driving and everything to do with a manufacturer defect from the beginning. Good luck and keep posting!
|12-20-2006, 10:11 PM||#746|
I met with the regional corporate BMW rep earlier today and they are covering 100% of the work, but not giving a loaner. BS. They said it could take up to 4 weeks.
What the hell am I going to do without a car for a month? They easily admitted guilt, now they want to take my car away for their own mistake? Struck me as odd.
|12-20-2006, 10:41 PM||#747|
Join Date: Oct 2006
My Ride: 2000 328 ci
My car is in the shop as we speak once I get it paid for and stuff I will release the name number and extension of the girl I spoke with to everyone! They are having a tunermotorsport kit installed on my car for the rear subframe and my car has 107k on it! All compliments of bmwna stick around guys its all gonna be worth it trust me! and sorry no loaners but when you figure the couple grand in work who gives a $hit about a loaner as long as there payin for it!
|12-21-2006, 05:14 AM||#748|
Join Date: Dec 2006
My Ride: E46 323Ci
First post on this site. My 323Ci has ripped the entire subframe mounts on both sides out of the car! I'm contacting BMW tomorrow to see what they will do. Every mechanic that has seen it is amazed I didn't have a major accident!
TasM - 1999 BMW 323Ci - Cabrio Sub Frame tears on both sides with diff mounts completely ripped from body 152,000 Kms
|12-21-2006, 12:13 PM||#749|
Join Date: Jun 2003
My Ride: 330ci
Ok, so ~143 members so far with this problem, out of how many owners on this board? What's the rough percentage numbers?
My 01 330ci has 75k miles and I just had it checked and it was fine... but every time I get in the car I think about this stupid problem.
Visit the 3 series heritage site: link
|12-21-2006, 01:07 PM||#750|
|12-21-2006, 02:45 PM||#751|
Called the dealer, set up a time when the rep would be there. They put my car on a rack for about 15 mins, came back into the office and said it would be covered 100%. Simple as that.
They offered no loaner, however. I spoke with enterprise rental and the lowest quote has been $620+ for the month for a tiny chevy aveo.
|12-21-2006, 05:32 PM||#752|
Join Date: Aug 2005
My Ride: e46
Brought my car in for the repair on Tuesday, my crack was very small and I heard from them today that they are done fixing the crack and are now installing reinforcement plates on the top and bottom of the mount itself. Tomorrow they said they will apply undercoating material to prevent rust, reattach the suspension and do an alignment. My repair went very fast (4 days) but they have 3 people working on it for the 4 days straight. If I do get my car back tomorrow as planned I will post before/after pictures.
|12-21-2006, 09:04 PM||#753|
Should I even waste time driving my car to the dealer and have them tell me something I dont want to hear and then wait for the rep to come to the dealership and drive there again?
Or can I just call the dealer and BMW NA and setup an appointment?
|12-22-2006, 08:10 PM||#756|
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Jerzeee / NYC
My Ride: Is F*ing old
Yikes...I better get an inspection before I install my new suspension.
I'm very worried about this. My car has 105k miles on it and is out of warranty.
|12-23-2006, 01:25 PM||#757|
Yes, my car is completely stock, just put new oem shocks, rotors and brake pads all around. The new tires i run are 235/40/18 which are not listed as a stock configuration on the door, but are well below the max size of 255/35/18 for the E46 sedan.
they started to trip on my tires right off the bat, but i corrected them. it's as if they look for any possible reason to blame the sh*t on you.
has anyone ever considered a 99-04 lexus gs300/400? i have been noticing them coming down in price.
|12-24-2006, 02:07 PM||#758|
Join Date: Oct 2005
My Ride: is dirty
add me now. drivers side rear subframe. Metal is chipping and cracking away at mount point.
BMW Loe 2000 328Ci 95,000 miles 12/24/2006.
Should I call BMW NA first before going in to the dealer?
E92 335i 6spd
BMS JB4 stg 3, BMS DCI, CM methanol injection
04 M3 sold
03 330Ci sold
|12-26-2006, 10:47 AM||#759|
Join Date: Oct 2005
My Ride: is dirty
1) 02bmw330ci - 2002 BMW 330Ci - Sub Frame / Diff mount Tears (9/12/04) 77,000 Miles
2) Cuore_alfa - 2000 BMW 323Ci - Cabrio Sub Frame (whit less than 20k miles)
3) Atrytone - 2000 BMW 328Ci - Sub Frame/Cracked 8/1/04 70,000Miles
4) Ps323ci - 2000 323ci - Sub Frame Damage (rear) - 23,000 Miles - 3/15/04
5) Mpower619 - 2000328Ci - Sub Frame Damage(left rear)-42,000 miles Oct/03
6) 3quarterI - 2001 BMW 325i - Sub Frame / Control Arm Bushing Tear - 57,000 miles
7) Tavy8010- 1999 BMW 328i- Sub Frame(Rear) / Diff. mounts torn - 70,000 miles (9/8/04)
8) bimmerchop - 2000 BMW 328i - Rear driver's side Sub Frame/ Diff. mounts torn - 25,000 miles
9) M3wannaBEE - 2000 323Ci - SubFrame - 80,000 miles
10) SharifM3- 2002 M3- Subframe ripping out of trunk -30,000 miles
11) dinane46328i- 1999 328i -subframe damage- 59,000
12) hoodust - 2000 323ci - subframe damage (fixed :reinforced) - 80,000
13) BLKMJK - 1999 328i - Subframe tear drivers side - 50,000 miles
14) sycE46 - 2000 323ci - subframe started to crack. Fixed by BMW 40,000 miles
15) Demsuga - 1999 BMW 328 i- Sub Frame Damage(left rear) - 63,000 miles (9/10/04)
16) HamannGirLR714 - 2000 328ci -subframe torn from trunk 44,500 miles
17) Asmodeus - 1999 BMW 328i- Sub Frame Rear / Diff. mounts torn - 125,000 Km
18) ///M PWR 00 - 2003 BMW M3 Coupe - Sub Frame / Diff mount Tears
19) Blazin e46 - 2000 323ci - subframe cracked - 51,000 miles (9/20/04)
20) Sir.B - 2000 328i - subframe cracked about a year ago ($600 fixed)
21) wolf328ci - 2000 328ci, Subframe torn in 2 points, 52,000 miles
22) kevmo - 1999 323i , subframe cracked 70 K
23) srcstc - 2000 BMW 323Ci - Left-rear SubFrame mount torn from trunk 08/03 55K miles, stock suspension!
24) Allen Yad - 1999 323i - subframe torn in both places, 42,000 miles
25) jtecnik- 2000 328ci - Rear driver's side Sub Frame/ Diff. mounts 77k miles
26) madmak - 1999 328i - 100,000km - both sides gaping tears - still on cpo warranty and dealer says "you should keep an eye on that!"
27) burrito007 - 323i 83000 mi subframe broke in 2003 trying to get dealer to fix but not looking promising
28) tommiexboi - 2000 328i - driver's side subframe ripping/tearing/cracking - 85,000 miles
29) yayopwr-1999 328i 95k miles- driver's side rear cracking....paying out of pocket in hopes that bmw will soon fess up and pay me back
30) ffabbroc - 2000 BMW 328Ci 50K chassis cracked at rear subframe mounts
31) Jetblast - 1999 328i - 100k drivers side rear subframe mount completely tore out
32) sbk25 - 1999 328i - 86k drivers side rear subframe mount tearing apart
33) sanjaypatelis - 2000 328i - 49k drivers/passenger side rear and differential mounts torn out/and almost torn out
34) Berserker - 2002 328i (April build) - Cracking has started on the drivers side - not a problem yet - but I am sure it will grow.
35) e46ryder-1999 323i 82k- Crackin tearing sticking out the drivers side passenger side no problem
36) blownZ71 - 2000 328Ci Subframe torn out left rear. Needs repair
37) rich323ci - 2000 323ci - 74,000 miles - Discovered cracks 2 weeks ago, waiting for dealer to inspect.
38) IslandE46 - 2000 323ci - 46,000 miles - Driver's side rear torn out. Passenger side fine. Repaired myself with Turner Motorsports kit. 7/10/2005
39) r6tanz - 2000 328CI - 65K - driver's side subframe cracked - repaired 2 days ago and still in the shop 7/22/05
40) bimmer88 2000 328ci - 75k miles -driver's side torn out
41) als00328ci 2000 328ci - 64000 km's - drivers side ripped right out.
42) 00e46 2000 328i - 83k miles - Drivers side cracked and torn.
43) DRG 2001 330ci 53k miles SUBFRAME
44) Mtecknic330ci- 2001 330ci- Minnesota- 85k- rear left subframe
45) Rick Chamberlain - 2000 328ci - 78k - Body failure at left rear subframe mount point.
46) Trippinbillies4 - 2000 328Ci - 105k - Torn back driver's side
47) jtt777- 2000 328Ci - 70k - Torn back driver's side subframe
48) hhboy77 - 2000 323ci - 58K - what else...torn driver's side rear subframe mount
49) 2K323CI - 2000 323ci - 47000 miles Driver's side rear torn out. Warranty expired by date not miles.
50) Kiapeyvan 2000 323Ci Cracked/torn subframe 84K, driver side.
51) norcal bmwboy - 2000 328ci - 59000 miles drivers side
52) Pizzaboy777 - 2000 323i - 77000 miles drivers side rear subframe mount
53) sanman10535 - 2000 323ci - 69,000 miles drivers side rear subframe
54) asarki- 2000 323ci - 76,000 miles drivers side rear subframe 11-15-05
55) bimmerkid1568 - 2000 BMW 328i - Left Rear Sub Frame / Diff mount Tears (date unknown when problem began) Todays date: November 21, 2005
56) jgrecbets - 1999 323i - 88,000 miles drivers side rear subframe
57) coreytrv - 2000 328 Ci - torn at 91,000
58) z00me - 2000 328Ci - at 120000km - subframe second time.This time BmW covers!
59) liminality - 2000 323i - 60,000 miles - torn and ripped back driver's side - Fully covered by BMWNA despite being out of warranty.
60) ed328ci - 2000 328Ci - 88,000 km (55K miles) - torn driver's side
61) bernstem - 2000 328i - 46,000 miles - drivers side torn
62) kinggrimwood- 1999 BMW 328i - Sub Frame/tore on both sides 09/2005 135,000 miles.
63) crackersmasher- 1999 BMW 323i - Sub Frame/tore 01/2006 95,000 miles.
64) bmer328i - 1999 BMW 328i - subframe tearing - 12/2005
65) Phil220241 - 1999 323 CI - 93,000 kms - subframe cracking -
66) noshow323 - 2000 323Ci - 105,000 miles - subframe cracked - 3/13/06
67) j willie - 2000 BMW 328i - Rear driver's side Sub Frame/ Diff. mount - floor cracked - 110,000 miles
68) mcstahl - 2000 BMW 328i - Rear driver's side subframe cracked - 107,000 miles
THIS IS WHERE I STARTED
69) blucaller - 2000 323 CI - 75K miles - driverside rear subframe carrier - will cost around $1500 w/ Turner rear subframe reinforcement, rear shock tower/rear swaybar/strut tower reinforcement and Turner/H&R sways too - 12/2005 (post#538)
70) manski - 2000 323Ci - 80k (post #166)
71) jj269ci - 2000 328Ci - rear drivers side subframe @ appx 51000 miles (post #180)
72) darkmanlfe - 1999 323i - 46,000 miles (post #252)
73) Das Mikro Bo***246;t - 2000 328ci - drivers side rear (post #262)
74) jkloese - 2002 325Ci (post #272)
75) andyh - 2000 BMW 328Ci - Subframe/diff mount tears - 148K miles! (post #282)
76) max123 - 1999 BMW 328I - Subframe damage/Diff mount drivers side(03/05/04) 65000K (post #287)
77) DallasE46 - 2000 BMW 323ci Certified Pre-Owned - Sub Frame (post #292)
78) 02bmwdinan330ci - 2002 325ci - 87k(high way milage) - Subframe tearing/damage (post #293)
79) tschmale - 2000 328Ci fixed at 70k miles, driver rear. (post #307)
80) M3Bmwcoupe - 99 328i - 80k miles (post #329)
81) BluE46 - 323i cracked subframe, drivers side, driveshaft mounts busted too - 54k miles (post #330)
82) miami323 - 323Ci - 72,000 miles (post #332)
83) All ON U - 323Ci (post #336)
84) superitr - 2000 BMW 323ci - rear diff mounts torn/sub-frame damage - 75k (post #339)
85) titomolotov-2000 bmw 328ci - subframe rear four deifferents areas torn (post #344)
86) doosk - 2000 323Ci (post # 347)
87) saiine - 2000 328i - 100k miles, rear subframe torn out on left side, right side cracked. (post #369)
88) sk3lly - 2000 328ci Had damage at 70,000mi rear left side. Fixed by BMWNA 12/2004 (post #371-372)
89) Shoomer - 99 323i - Sub Frame / Diff mount Tears (4/11/05) 89,000 Mi (post #377)
90) Shahshauhin - 1999 BMW 328i- Sub Frame(Rear) / Diff. mounts torn - 73,000 miles (post #407)
91) shortyz918 - 2000 328ci - 53k miles (post #417)
92) Wretchy - 2000 328ci - Sub Frame Damage (rear) - 34,000 Miles - 3/01/03 (post# 429)
93) m3-dude - 99 328i (post# 441)
94) nleksan - 328Ci (post #507)
95) Ian B - 1999 328i - 110,000 miles - subframe cracking - 02/2006 (post# 517)
96) Jake6172-2000 328Ci -101,000- subframe mount (rear/driver side) TORN!!! (post# 546)
97) Reno - 1999 328CI - currently 140,000Km - subframe damage was way back though, was fixed once then happend again (post# 549)
98) 323ciguy - 2000 323ci - 95K - Stock suspension - HUGE HOLE - See pic above (post# 551)
99) Hey-G - 2000 323i - 122,000kms - Stock Sport suspension - small tear (rear/driver side) (post# 552)
100) iseedipp - 2000 323ci - 80k - stock susp. (post# 554)
101) jw330ci - 323ci - 110k - torn the driver side (post# 559)
102) roo97ss - 2000 328ci - 5 spd - 50k - Driver rear. (post# 562)
103) ryanwhite74115 - 1999 328i, stock susp., 104k, driver and pass. rear (post# 565)
104) mjparky - 2000 323ci , 5speed manual. 90k rear drivers side beginning to tear on rear passenger (post# 566)
105) ck21084 - 323ci (post# 567)
106) speedcrazy1532 -2000 328 Ci- auto trans- 93000miles (post# 582)
107) hawk99 - 323ci (post# 587)
108) kimokeo - 2000 M-roadster 126,000 mi (post# 589)
109) e46m54325ci- 2002 325Ci Diff mount cracked and control arm bushings cracked and leaking- non-cpo at $1400 fixed yesterday, 33000 miles- a little early I thought, but maybe not (post# 590)
110) sexysilver - 2000 328ci - left rear subframe damage (fixed :reinforced) - 84,000 ($1800 fixed) (post# 591)
111) JToddK - 2000 328i, 120K Mi., drivers side (Left) rear subframe mount completely torn out, repair pending. (post# 592)
112) inspiritable1 - 2000 328i - 109k - 5 speed - Premium and Sports package - Drivers side rear - Will get an estimate tomorrow. (post# 595)
113) Doanut- 1999 323i -125 % speed. Premuim Sports... Dropped car of today for estimate (post# 596)
114) Reedo302 - Have seen two E46 328i's at my dealership in Minnesota with subframe damage in the rear. Both went to wholesale due to excessive cost of refurbishment. Both were 90k mile vehicles.
115)TBlueCoupe - 2000 BMW 328Ci - Sub-Frame fracture Left Rear 91,000 heard noise in rear around 60k
116) cwarner - 2000 328Ci - 65K miles stock sport suspension with 16" rims.
117) wrathchild819 - 2000 323i - 138k stock - differential/subframe mount cracked
118) recall-my-e46 - '0 323ci - 65k - subframe torn - going to the dealer to see if this can be covered - especially since in '05 they told me not to worry about it if I don't plan on keeping the car for more than 6 months
119) pangeum - 2000 BMW 328Ci - Sub Frame Cracked - 90,000 - 3/2006
120) JaysE46 2000 323ci Stock sport suspension 17" rims 80k Violent vibration in the rear differential
121) Ben_328ci - '00 328ci - 113k Stock - Driver's side mount torn. 100% repaired by BMWNA. 9/2006
122) falconflyr - 00 328i sport - 117k Stock - Drivers side rear diff mount torn, other mounts propogating rapidly. 9/2006
123) e30mpwrd - '00 323ci - 110k - Subframe tears. 9/2006 (post# 654)
124) Smoof15 - '00 323ci - 106k - Subframe tears. 9/2006 (post# 656)
125) blueballz - '00 323ci - 150k - Driver's side subframe mount torn. 7/2006
126) cvega01- 1999 BMW 323i- Sub Frame Rear driver side tore out entirely. @ 75,000 miles. Had it repaired on my own though, not cheap!!
127)tuckin19'skid - 2000 323ci rear mount failed Sept 2006, 34,000 miles
128)junrboy- 2000 323ci rear mount failed October 2006, 112K miles
129)Bimm - 2000 323CI stock! 68000mi failed 2006
130)Hobie24- 2000 BMW 328CI- Sub Frame(Rear)/ Diff. mounts Torn 80,000 miles 10/11/06
131)strictly180 - 328i October 2006
132)Eurobim - 2000 323CI - Subframe tear (driver's rear) 156,000kms
133)N8s93turbo - 2000 328ci , 65k miles, subframe tear. 10/20/06
134)andrew10222- 1999 BMW 323 ci Sub Frame(left/rear torn ) 109000 miles 31/10/06
135)Bmuu328i - 1999 328i - 125,000 miles - Drivers side rear subframe cracks reported (11/06)
136)Chmpgn86 - 2000 328i
137)Beckham007 2000 323ci 60kmiles (subframe torn/crackin
138)BMuu328i - 2000 328i -125k- Subframe cracked rear drivers side. 11/2006
139)Hockeymanmt - 2000 328Ci - Subframe mount failure - drivers side rear 11/2006
140)AlchamY - 1999 328Ci - Subframe crack 158000 km 11/2006
141)Chachi328ci - 2000 328Ci - Subframe crack 80,000 miles 11/30/2006
142)Nic1974 - 1999 BMW 323ci - Subframe / Diff mount torn (rear passenger) - 107k miles
143)zio - 2000 BMW 323i - Subframe Driver Side Tear - 130k (11/05/06)
144)Amistry 2000 328ci 83k miles, tearing rear driver subframe.
145)TasM - 1999 BMW 323Ci - Cabrio Sub Frame tears on both sides with diff mounts completely ripped from body 152,000 Kms
146)BMW Loe 2000 328Ci 95,000 miles 12/24/2006. DRIVERS SIDE SUBFRAME CRACKED
E92 335i 6spd
BMS JB4 stg 3, BMS DCI, CM methanol injection
04 M3 sold
03 330Ci sold
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Rate This Thread|