E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #1
flacoy2k

My Ride: 2002 M3
Cool BMW Team PTG looks for 8 win in a row with E46 M3

The BMW team PTG is looking for their 8th win in a row in the Rolex series. This weekend they will competing in Miami. They will face a strong entry by JMB racing with a Ferrari 360.

Those BMW M3 are unstopable.

more information here.

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=3082
flacoy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
Cruzer03

My Ride: 03.5 M3 JB/IR 11.5M3
Thanks for the info!!!
Cruzer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
FRANCO
Masterdebator

My Ride: Your Mom
i remember i was watching them race at Sears, and they freakin got a 1-2-3-4 finish!!....they whopped everyone, especially the RS6's

Mods:p46 6000K Headlights,M3 Steering Wheel,LED Taillights,M Footrest,Smoked Turn Signals,Smoked Sidemarkers,MTech II kit,CS Splitters,Gray Instrument Panel, Red Marker DIY,Ion Yellow Foglights/High Beams,Akebono Brake Pads, Smart Chrome/Leather Gear Selector,18" Staggered CSLs

Future Mods:,H&R Sport Springs,Tint,ECIS Intake,M Lip Spoiler,OEM Aluminum Pedal Set,OEM M3 Mirrors
FRANCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
flacoy2k

Well the winning streak had to end and it ended in the worst possible way. The number 21 had an engine failure and the 22 had clutch problems. Despite those problems they finished 4th and 5th. The number 21 was leading the race by an entire lap. The engine failed with just 20 minutes to go.

They still lead the championship.

more here.

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=3119
Old 09-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
GordonMurray
Banned

My Ride: A German Motorcoach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacoy2k
Those BMW M3 are unstopable.
Yeah, now that they are out of World Challenge.
GordonMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #6
flacoy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonMurray
Yeah, now that they are out of World Challenge.
The M3 were even more dominant in the world challenge. The rules were so unfair that they were forced to come out. Think about one thing the M3 had the smallest engine in the world challenge but they kept increasing the weight on the car. The Engine size to weight ratio was worst for the M3. Just take the Viper for example which has almost 3 times engine size of the M3 but yet was only 300 Lbs heavier than the M3. When you take the 200 Lbs of mandatory weight the added to the M3s because they were winning every race plus Bill Auberlen 250 Lbs of award winning weight is remarkable they finished 2nd in the Championship.