E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 05:28 PM   #41
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Ordering page is now up at www.JleviSW.com, under DDE's!!!

JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #42
masud911

My Ride: White 00' 323i
hmmm lets see $360 USD is $460 CAD, im still debating with my brother about getting halos first or rims. Do these lights flicker when you first start the car, i heard a thread about this a little while ago
masud911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #43
Masko

My Ride: silver coupe
Send a message via AIM to Masko
Get my paycheck in tommorrow
you can count me in Jlevi!!
Masko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #44
loosejuice

My Ride: 2k4 330i ZHP
Done and Done.
loosejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #45
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

So far, 1 Purchase (Thanks loosejuice )

JL
Old 09-23-2004, 07:17 PM   #46
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by masud911
hmmm lets see $360 USD is $460 CAD, im still debating with my brother about getting halos first or rims. Do these lights flicker when you first start the car, i heard a thread about this a little while ago
All your electrical components "flicker" when you start the engine whether you see it or not - because the alternator is kicking in and pumping more juice in. The halos flick brighter and stay bright once you give them that increased 14V (more like 13.6V in reality) flow
Old 09-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #47
JB 330ci

My Ride: 2013 TESLA MODEL P85
Hi I'm completely new to the site and never got into Mods and stuff until my girlfriend dragged me off to a BMW meet in Atlanta recently and man some of those cars looked great. I must say that now I'm very interested in mods now. I have to look better than her right

But anyway I'm very interested in getting this along with the Interior xenon kit as well. Now these may be dumb questions but...

It is easy to install, I have no experience with cars whatsoever. I would like to install them without her help or knowing

I still have the daytime running lights on, do these replace those or should I get those turned off, since the Daytime lights are regular bulbs not xenon's and I don't think it would look "right" ?

Is it better to get this done by a pro or do it yourself I don't want to screw anything up in my car? Any good shops in Augusta or do I have to drive up to ATL or Columbia to get this stuff done?

Once I pay (I'm looking to buy this stuff today) how fast can you ship it here or what's the average time?

Thanks
And if anyone else has suggestions for mods feel free to tell me please.
JB 330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #48
SB22

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Payment has been sent JL. It sucks that i had to pay almost $40 extra b/c of tax and shipping even though i probably live within 25/30 minutes of you I guess for the shipping, it's cheaper to pay it then it probably would be to drive and pickup b/c of gas and time. Oh well, it's still saving me $20

Funny thing is that i was talking to my girlfriend about doing the exact same package from you about 1 hour before you posted the GB, talk about a coincidence Just gave me the incentive to go ahead with the purchase.

Anyways, really looking forward to these, let me know when they're in the mail. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:44 PM   #49
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

You could have come and picked them up if you wanted... but I'm real busy all the time

By the way, gentlemen - one more purchase and it looks like I get even more busy... I might be shipping 5+ DDE kits tomorrow

JL
Old 09-23-2004, 11:48 PM   #50
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
Hi I'm completely new to the site and never got into Mods and stuff until my girlfriend dragged me off to a BMW meet in Atlanta recently and man some of those cars looked great. I must say that now I'm very interested in mods now. I have to look better than her right

But anyway I'm very interested in getting this along with the Interior xenon kit as well. Now these may be dumb questions but...

It is easy to install, I have no experience with cars whatsoever. I would like to install them without her help or knowing
[JSW]With the provided instruction guide, it shouldn't take you more than an hour - 90 minutes tops.

I still have the daytime running lights on, do these replace those or should I get those turned off, since the Daytime lights are regular bulbs not xenon's and I don't think it would look "right" ?
[JSW]Get them turned off at your dealership - takes no time at all and it's a good opportunity to get some cool features programmed in

Is it better to get this done by a pro or do it yourself I don't want to screw anything up in my car? Any good shops in Augusta or do I have to drive up to ATL or Columbia to get this stuff done?
[JSW]DIY installs are always fun - if you have the basic tools, a workplace, and GENTLE hands, this install is a nice way to learn a little about your lights. If you've spent the last 10 years pumping iron and doing manual labor at San Quentin... maybe this isn't for you

Once I pay (I'm looking to buy this stuff today) how fast can you ship it here or what's the average time?
[JSW]As soon as 5 people buy (you would be the 5th), I can ship. If that's by tomorrow, then tomorrow I'll ship (If I have time... it IS a friday night). Regardless, they all go out monday, and will be there within 3 days. If you opt to pay for express mail, I can have it there in about a day.

Thanks
And if anyone else has suggestions for mods feel free to tell me please.

See above
Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 AM   #51
SB22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevi
You could have come and picked them up if you wanted... but I'm real busy all the time
I appreciate the offer . Like i said, gas and time pretty much equal out the shipping costs. Sorry about the rant before, it's just amazing how much tax can jack up a price

Anyways, on a brighter note: Let's get that 5th person! I'm anxious for my halos
Old 09-24-2004, 01:29 AM   #52
330cibimm

My Ride: 2003 330ci
i've been looking at this product for a while now and really interested. just curious, i know you posted earlier that they last 20,000hours or 2+ years. what do you do when they burn out? do you have to buy a new set?
let me know.
thanks.
330cibimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:30 AM   #53
johnnybu

My Ride: BMW 325I
Send a message via AIM to johnnybu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB22
I appreciate the offer . Like i said, gas and time pretty much equal out the shipping costs. Sorry about the rant before, it's just amazing how much tax can jack up a price

Anyways, on a brighter note: Let's get that 5th person! I'm anxious for my halos
No offense, but this isnt much of a group buy. I can get the enhanced halos from M3motorwerks for 348.95 shipped (free shipping and they dont charge tax) + your remote kit from you for 44.84 shipped = $393.79 which is cheaper than buying at your groupbuy price which is $397.45 with tax and shipping. I guess this would only be a good price for those who are out of state - the state tax really kills me. Oh well
johnnybu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:41 AM   #54
SB22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybu
No offense, but this isnt much of a group buy. I can get the enhanced halos from M3motorwerks for 348.95 shipped (free shipping and they dont charge tax) + your remote kit from you for 44.84 shipped = $393.79 which is cheaper than buying at your groupbuy price which is $397.45 with tax and shipping. I guess this would only be a good price for those who are out of state - the state tax really kills me. Oh well
It's not even $4 difference, and he's local (for me at least) incase of problems.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:08 AM   #55
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Basically, this group buy is like this:
You buy the enhanced halos at regular price, I throw in a remote kit for half price, and you save on shipping (besides having everything pre-assembled).
If it doesn't work for you because of sales tax, so be it

JL
Old 09-24-2004, 02:14 AM   #56
loosejuice

My Ride: 2k4 330i ZHP
Hey, since I'm first got any hookups? ^_- I'm playin! But yea, I definitely can't wait for these bad boys to be installed into the new 330. Unfortunately the CA sales tax is muey grande. If I live in OC does that make a difference? I know OC state tax is less than a lot of other counties.
loosejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:16 AM   #57
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

They charge based on where you ship from

One more person and I'll ship them out - did I mention I have 6 of them fully assembled now, packaged with Fragile stickers already on them?

I just need to slap on the labels (10 minute job for all of them) and they can all go out tomorrow... only ONE thing stopping me... or rather, one person

JL
Old 09-24-2004, 04:11 AM   #58
cabazorro

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
They charge based on where you ship from

One more person and I'll ship them out - did I mention I have 6 of them fully assembled now, packaged with Fragile stickers already on them?

I just need to slap on the labels (10 minute job for all of them) and they can all go out tomorrow... only ONE thing stopping me... or rather, one person

JL
Get 'em shipped!!
cabazorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:42 AM   #59
M3_CaB02

My Ride: E46 M3 Cabiolet
hey jlevi are u able to help with my reply on the last page? Now one of the enhanced plastic pieces fell off but the ring is still there? HELP
M3_CaB02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:40 AM   #60
JB 330ci

My Ride: 2013 TESLA MODEL P85
Quote:
See above
Sure I'm going to order and I still want in on the group buy. This is slightly off-topic but I just wanted to know by what other features can you get programmed at the dealership?

I have never ordered anything using Paypal so it looks like I will have to wait a couple of days to get you the money. I had to create a new account, verifiy and deposit the money. I 'll try to get it all done by the end of today. But banks being banks I think the longest time will be to fund my account.
So hopefully I can do this by Wed or Thur by the latest
Thanks
JB 330ci is offline   Reply With Quote