E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 AM   #1
FLVK

My Ride: 2002 330CI Stl Grey
help with Bluetooth installation!

I just openened the liner in the trunk and I located the bundle velcro wrapped with the cables inside. When I open the bundle, I did not see the 54 pin connector or the white frara connector in there....what next?

if it matter...I do have Harman stereo and that is the only other thing I saw behind the liner...the Harman stereo OEM unit.
FLVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
FLVK

anyone? In the wrapped velcro bag, all I have is 2 wires, both with black things (don't know what to call them) but not the 54 pin connector or the white Fakra connector. I have looked at all the pictures from all the DIY places...and my wires look nothing like anything from the pictures. I am bump out since I got all the parts...everything taken aparts and now this. Yes, I called Circle to make sure I got everthing I need...gave my Vin and everything...they couldn't help since they stopped selling Bluetooth. And then I called PacificBMW to see if they can help and seems like they can't help either.

Oh, I did buy the parts from someone else, not Circle or Pacific...a little cheaper.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
FLVK

well, I guess time to put all the parts back in the box and sell it on Ebay

Anyone here have any good experiences with this Nokia bluetooth kit?...just don't want to have to switch to a nokia phone though
Old 09-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #4
Necochino

My Ride: 325 CiC
Does your car have asssist? I have the parts too and so far the only thing I've been able to do is to connect the pairing button. I've opened the trunk liner on both sides, removed the back seat and both plates and still have to find the assist module. I do have assist, but can't find the darn module! I have a cabrio, and the instructions are the same (supposedly) as with the coupe or four door 3 series. One final thought, have you tried emailing Martin Bishop and/or Adam Hicks (go through BMWNAV to find their emails). I found them very responsive (even if they still have not been able to help me either).

Cheers and good luck. Don't give up!
Necochino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
FLVK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necochino
Does your car have asssist? I have the parts too and so far the only thing I've been able to do is to connect the pairing button. I've opened the trunk liner on both sides, removed the back seat and both plates and still have to find the assist module. I do have assist, but can't find the darn module! I have a cabrio, and the instructions are the same (supposedly) as with the coupe or four door 3 series. One final thought, have you tried emailing Martin Bishop and/or Adam Hicks (go through BMWNAV to find their emails). I found them very responsive (even if they still have not been able to help me either).

Cheers and good luck. Don't give up!
I do have assist...I have done the same...liners on both sides and I can't find anything...it is a mystery right now. Well, what kind of stereo set up do you have? I have just the OEM business CD and on the left side, the only thing I see is the HK unit...perhaps we can compare note and collaborate to get this done...I will give you my cell# if you pm me. What bugs me is this car is prewired for cell phone...but I am wondering if this is just marketing bs since it is nothing in it. but some half ass wire jobs by BMW.

p.s. what year is your 325Cic? mine was built on 6/02
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #6
Santiago

My Ride: 2004 325iT
Send a message via ICQ to Santiago Send a message via MSN to Santiago
Did you guys look at the various DIYs that show pictures of what to look for? I don't know if that would help.

Life is fragile
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
Necochino

My Ride: 325 CiC
I Did It !!!! And.... It Works !!!!

I finally found where the assist module is located! It is right behind a bulky area as you look straight ahead into the trunk, to the left of the hole for the skis.

You must first remove the liner across the top area of the trunk, where the lid hinges, so you can then remove the left liner. In my car I have the navi DVD on the left liner so you must remove that too.

Turns out that the nails in the blue wiring boxes that Home Depot sells (yes, I'm also in the middle of a home remodeling project) are perfect to unlatch the navi DVD. You need to insert four in the holes of each corner of the navi DVD. Then pull it out. Unplug the three connectors. In my car, I've done this three times and upon replugging everything it all works normally !

Remove the left liner with patience and care. Now, you can open the back liner on the left (where it bulks to the left of the skis trap door). What you see in front of you is the assist module. It is held in place by three screws. First you must unplug the two antenna wires, to be able to unscrew the module. Follow the instructions in BMWNAV as to how you reconnect the BT ULF.

In my car, '04 325 CiC, the 8 and 9 pins in the connector where not there already. My assist module has a BT symbol. Maybe it does not use those already. Thus, nothing to fidlle with in the connector. Simply unplug the assist, plug the BT and... PRESTO !!!

You can fix the BT module with two screws holding it diagonally using the holes already present in the chasis. I did move one of the fasteners to a new hole so it can hold the screw in place. It screws in tightly.

Put everything back on.

Now follow the instructions for pairing your phone and you are good to go !!!!

(I have not included instructions for the pairing button because those are obvious and work fine from BMWNAV)

Cheers to all and good luck to the next one to try !!!
Necochino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:35 AM   #8
Santiago

My Ride: 2004 325iT
Send a message via ICQ to Santiago Send a message via MSN to Santiago
Way to go! You should post your findings in the DIY section to help the next person looking for help on this. If you took pictures it will be even better.

Quote:
I finally found where the assist module is located! It is right behind a bulky area as you look straight ahead into the trunk, to the left of the hole for the skis.

You must first remove the liner across the top area of the trunk, where the lid hinges, so you can then remove the left liner. In my car I have the navi DVD on the left liner so you must remove that too.

Turns out that the nails in the blue wiring boxes that Home Depot sells (yes, I'm also in the middle of a home remodeling project) are perfect to unlatch the navi DVD. You need to insert four in the holes of each corner of the navi DVD. Then pull it out. Unplug the three connectors. In my car, I've done this three times and upon replugging everything it all works normally !

Remove the left liner with patience and care. Now, you can open the back liner on the left (where it bulks to the left of the skis trap door). What you see in front of you is the assist module. It is held in place by three screws. First you must unplug the two antenna wires, to be able to unscrew the module. Follow the instructions in BMWNAV as to how you reconnect the BT ULF.

In my car, '04 325 CiC, the 8 and 9 pins in the connector where not there already. My assist module has a BT symbol. Maybe it does not use those already. Thus, nothing to fidlle with in the connector. Simply unplug the assist, plug the BT and... PRESTO !!!

You can fix the BT module with two screws holding it diagonally using the holes already present in the chasis. I did move one of the fasteners to a new hole so it can hold the screw in place. It screws in tightly.

Put everything back on.

(I have not included instructions for the pairing button because those are obvious and work fine from BMWNAV)

Life is fragile
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:16 PM   #9
FLVK

Quote:

Put everything back on.

Congrat! just got back from my bro's wedding and read your post so I decided to go back again and look for the wiring. For the coupe owners like me...I found it! when I took the left liner out...what I saw is the Harman amp and a bundle of wiring...at first I thought that was the bundle I was supposed to locate but the wiring inside this bundle had nothing to do with bluetooth.

Tonight, I decided to look further using a flashlight. I look to the upper left corner of the left side...left of your left seat from the view outside of the car looking thru the trunk. The bundle with the wiring for the blue tooth wiring is shoved up there. I have small hand and I had to struggle to squeeze my hand thru up there to put the wiring out. Basically if you follow the wiring from the amp to the upper left corner, you will find all the wirings mentioned in all the DIY for bluetooth in a bundle up there. Yippee!

Now i can hook it up tomorrow. Good luck to those looking to add bluetooth with a coupe!

p.s. I have no Navigation or CD changer so my setup is for a 330ci with standard OEM business CD only.