E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 10:41 AM   #201
4ngie

My Ride: Chrissspyy
I still have this if anyone is interested...

OEM E46 Navigation Monitor $$PLEASE MAKE OFFER!$$ previously $499
E46 OEM Navigation monitor only. Please see pictures!!

PN 65.52-6 911 009

Angie

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #202
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonymous
The nav hasn't been integrated with the ecu yet. The navigation does work right now. It knows my location, can give directions but there's no audio prompt. I'm using the OEM retrofit cable. I played with the bass and tremble and there's not the slightest hiss or sound coming from the nav, radio or tape. I'm using the US/Canada DVD map and it measures in feet and can change to yards also, I think.

I didn't notice a fuse mounted on the in-trunk H/K amp. It's there suppose to be one? Or did I not see it?

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD Comp and waiting for the light to turn off before disconnecting the battery. The DVD Comp still works fine, thank goodness.
I guess that you have checked fuses #7 (seems to be the Radio fuse at 5 amps, but then you can see the radio stations in the screen so it must be good) and #41 (at 30 amps rating it should be the amp fuse) in the glove box... if not check them but do not take them out until you see the Nav Computer turning off...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #203
STALKER

My Ride: 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot
Keep looking

That eBay seller is charging dealership prices. You may as well go to the dealer and buy all those exact parts if you are going to pay those prices.
Thats what I thought too, I keep looking then.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #204
mweine

My Ride: E30 M3
Send a message via MSN to mweine Send a message via Yahoo to mweine Send a message via Skype™ to mweine
Does the Touring Navigation Retrofit Kit 65 90 0 309 253 come with the Mark IV Comp?

Does theDoes the Touring Navigation Retrofit Kit 65 90 0 309 253 come with the Mark IV Navigation computer? It does not mention this in the kit.
mweine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:48 PM   #205
RyanDe680
Italian driver of German

My Ride: E46
Send a message via AIM to RyanDe680
Anyone else have updates on this retrofit?
RyanDe680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #206
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweine
Does theDoes the Touring Navigation Retrofit Kit 65 90 0 309 253 come with the Mark IV Navigation computer? It does not mention this in the kit.
It does in page 4: http://www.stradasystems.com/bmw/nav...fitTouring.pdf
Old 06-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #207
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680
Anyone else have updates on this retrofit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V
Old 06-29-2005, 04:36 PM   #208
RyanDe680
Italian driver of German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
I saw that, but also read a couple of posts where people said that $4k was insane to pay for this...

Also, those instructions for installation in the touring wagon are great, wish there was the same for U.S. coupe or sedan
Old 06-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #209
Technic

Quote:
I saw that, but also read a couple of posts where people said that $4k was insane to pay for this...

Also, those instructions for installation in the touring wagon are great, wish there was the same for U.S. coupe or sedan
... they are in the very first post of the thread.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:55 PM   #210
RyanDe680
Italian driver of German

Quote:
... they are in the very first post of the thread.
Got it... saw that after I posted...

Honestly, it doesn't sound that hard to do... Just that the parts are $$$
Old 06-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #211
Technic

Quote:
Got it... saw that after I posted...

Honestly, it doesn't sound that hard to do... Just that the parts are $$$
It is not hard at all...
Old 06-29-2005, 08:40 PM   #212
strabo

My Ride: 330I
OEM NAV or Computer

Man this kit looks awesome and would go great in my 2001 330i but to be honest what does this really give me for the money $4000. I am really after bluetooth (cell phone) and gps. I am wondering couldn't I just install a 7inch touch screen with a laptop conversion and run M$ streets_&_Trips_2005 with the gps (retail $139) and works great on my current laptop and have everything I get with this nav system and more (full computer)? Any advice would be great.
strabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:49 PM   #213
lph65724

Question about Bluetooth kit with the Nav

Hi Technic,
Thank you for sharing , you inspired me to do this retrofit. I installed the Nav system sucessfully, and everything works just fine. However, I recently installed the bluetooth kit from Advanced Autovations, and problems have occured since. After the bluetooth kit installed , I can make a phone call and answer, but I can't hear nor be heard. I am thinking if I connected the wires from the connector X13321 to the Nav harness correctly. However, My cd changer works just fine. Could you help me with this problem? Thank you
lph65724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:00 PM   #214
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lph65724
Hi Technic,
Thank you for sharing , you inspired me to do this retrofit. I installed the Nav system sucessfully, and everything works just fine. However, I recently installed the bluetooth kit from Advanced Autovations, and problems have occured since. After the bluetooth kit installed , I can make a phone call and answer, but I can't hear nor be heard. I am thinking if I connected the wires from the connector X13321 to the Nav harness correctly. However, My cd changer works just fine. Could you help me with this problem? Thank you
What car do you have? What year/production date?

To be heard, you should have the microphone connected. To hear, you should have connected these wires (Pins #1 and #2) correctly:

Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 PM   #215
lph65724

Quote:
What car do you have? What year/production date?

To be heard, you should have the microphone connected. To hear, you should have connected these wires (Pins #1 and #2) correctly:

I have a 2001 325i produced in Sep/2000.
I already have the microphone connected and those two wires connected, so I guess I connected those two in wrong order. However, I just tried to switch those two wires, but I couldn't get them out of the socket casing. Do you know the parts # for the socket casing or how to get those wires out? Thank you very much for your information.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:13 AM   #216
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lph65724
I have a 2001 325i produced in Sep/2000.
I already have the microphone connected and those two wires connected, so I guess I connected those two in wrong order. However, I just tried to switch those two wires, but I couldn't get them out of the socket casing. Do you know the parts # for the socket casing or how to get those wires out? Thank you very much for your information.
I guess that you read all the extra requirements to install the Bluetooth kit from Autovations in your 09/00...

http://www.advancedautovations.com/e46pre.html

... like an external amplifier for the phone.

To get those pins out of the plug I would use a watch screwdriver, the one that is extremely small. If you press the pin using the screwdriver thru the rectangular slot on top of the plug, you will push the pin tab down and release the pin from its socket.

Even if you do get to hear the phone, there's still the issue of why you cannot be heard. Check again that you do have a shorting plug in the SES (Voice Command) connector (blue 26 pin connector close to the Bluetooth module), that is if you have that connector. If your phone button in the steering wheel shows a "phone" picture, then you do not have the SES preparation. If the button shows a person "talking" the you do have the SES preparation.

Check again the installation instructions of the Bluetooth setup, I think that there is something missing at that end...
Old 07-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #217
lph65724

Quote:
I guess that you read all the extra requirements to install the Bluetooth kit from Autovations in your 09/00...

http://www.advancedautovations.com/e46pre.html

... like an external amplifier for the phone.

To get those pins out of the plug I would use a watch screwdriver, the one that is extremely small. If you press the pin using the screwdriver thru the rectangular slot on top of the plug, you will push the pin tab down and release the pin from its socket.

Even if you do get to hear the phone, there's still the issue of why you cannot be heard. Check again that you do have a shorting plug in the SES (Voice Command) connector (blue 26 pin connector close to the Bluetooth module), that is if you have that connector. If your phone button in the steering wheel shows a "phone" picture, then you do not have the SES preparation. If the button shows a person "talking" the you do have the SES preparation.

Check again the installation instructions of the Bluetooth setup, I think that there is something missing at that end...

I already have everything connected including the external amplifier. I will check every connection again. Thank you for your information
Old 07-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #218
sbhatia

My Ride: 330i
I was motivated to retrofit Nav in my 2004 330i after reading your post. I have taken aprt most of teh car parts needed. but now I am stuck on these two points.

1) I am unable to pull out the climate control. How does it come out? What holds it in place?

2) Where does the retrofit cable enter the center console? I can route it along left bottom from the trunk, then cross to middle under the driver side, but then I do not know how would it enter the console area (towards monitor)? The original harness, after crossing under the driver seat, goes forward towards the gas pedal and then ramps up - but that area is not accessible as the carpet is covering it. Please help.
Any additional pictures would help as well.

Thanks.
-Sandeep
sbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #219
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhatia
I was motivated to retrofit Nav in my 2004 330i after reading your post. I have taken aprt most of teh car parts needed. but now I am stuck on these two points.

1) I am unable to pull out the climate control. How does it come out? What holds it in place?

2) Where does the retrofit cable enter the center console? I can route it along left bottom from the trunk, then cross to middle under the driver side, but then I do not know how would it enter the console area (towards monitor)? The original harness, after crossing under the driver seat, goes forward towards the gas pedal and then ramps up - but that area is not accessible as the carpet is covering it. Please help.
Any additional pictures would help as well.

Thanks.
-Sandeep

...the answer is at bimmerfest.com.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #220
snowcatxx87

My Ride: 04 330CI
I do not have the on board computer, average speed, outer temp etc.

"SA 550 (on-board computer). "

Will this still work? Will the stats just not show up on the screen?
snowcatxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote