E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2004, 07:21 PM   #61
blue dragon

My Ride: '02 PY M3
Thanks again for all the info! Only thing that I am a bit leery of is the wire transfer. He doesn't accept paypal, or do escrow, but his feedback is for navigation kits, and its perfect.
blue dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:26 PM   #62
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon
Thanks again for all the info! Only thing that I am a bit leery of is the wire transfer. He doesn't accept paypal, or do escrow, but his feedback is for navigation kits, and its perfect.
That's would be my problem too...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:58 AM   #63
Technic

Well, the linking of images from the BMW parts database is over. Sorry for the inconvenience...
Old 12-02-2004, 08:09 AM   #64
Santiago

My Ride: 2004 325iT
Send a message via ICQ to Santiago Send a message via MSN to Santiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
Well, the linking of images from the BMW parts database is over. Sorry for the inconvenience...
Did you save copies of the images? If so let me know, I'll host them for you. A long term project of mine is to host the entire DIY for you to avoid this kind of problem. When I have time I'll do that for you.

Life is fragile
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:59 AM   #65
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago
Did you save copies of the images? If so let me know, I'll host them for you. A long term project of mine is to host the entire DIY for you to avoid this kind of problem. When I have time I'll do that for you.
Thanks Santiago... what I can do is download the images from that server and then attached them to the posts.

I still have not forgotten your document, I have not been at the dealer for some time.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #66
blue dragon

My Ride: '02 PY M3
In the initial post, you stated that you used the professional radio. Did you end up swapping it out for the business radio?

I currently have the BMW Ipod adapter kit installed, do you know if it will work, or will I have to uninstall this?
blue dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #67
Santiago

Quote:
Thanks Santiago... what I can do is download the images from that server and then attached them to the posts.

I still have not forgotten your document, I have not been at the dealer for some time.
Doh! I forgot to tell you. I managed to get a copy from Towson BMW in Maryland. The Dinan manager from that dealership is on E46Fanatics and managed to send them to me.

Now I'm just waiting for one more part to do my retrofit.

Life is fragile
Old 12-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #68
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon
In the initial post, you stated that you used the professional radio. Did you end up swapping it out for the business radio?

I currently have the BMW Ipod adapter kit installed, do you know if it will work, or will I have to uninstall this?
... yes, I did.

The OEM iPod adapter is not compatible with Nav, you will need the ice>Link;Plus if you want to play your iPod thru the Nav (the upcoming firmware update will trounce that OEM adapter in overall features).
Old 12-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #69
Technic

Quote:
Doh! I forgot to tell you. I managed to get a copy from Towson BMW in Maryland. The Dinan manager from that dealership is on E46Fanatics and managed to send them to me.

Now I'm just waiting for one more part to do my retrofit.
Good!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:50 AM   #70
Technic

Last edited by Technic; 12-14-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #71
nyuaznguy

My Ride: E39 M5
Santiago,,

where you able to get the retrofit wiring harness, that's the only part i need..?

Thanks
nyuaznguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #72
Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuaznguy
Santiago,,

where you able to get the retrofit wiring harness, that's the only part i need..?

Thanks
Ah, within the context of this thread your question makes sense. Under the PM I wasn't sure if you were talking Bluetooth/telephone pre-wire or NAV.

I haven't gone through this retrofit. What you need to fully retrofit this is described in the first page of this thread. Technic is the one that went through it.

Life is fragile
Old 12-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #73
Santiago

Quote:
What are you doing in this thread?

Life is fragile
Old 12-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #74
Technic

Quote:
What are you doing in this thread?
With the help of Tim, the moderator of E46Fanatics I reposted all the missing pictures and links in the first 5 posts of the thread... that last post was used as a test and then deleted.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #75
Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuaznguy
Santiago,,

Thanks
If you are looking for a Nav retrofit wiring harness, there is one for sale on eBay Germany. It can be shipped to the USA (I asked the seller) and PayPal is accepted...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW

... around $300.00 to your door (at the current Euro exchange rate).
Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #76
Santiago

Quote:
If you are looking for a Nav retrofit wiring harness, there is one for sale on eBay Germany. It can be shipped to the USA (I asked the seller) and PayPal is accepted...

Make that $360 CAD for me. Still that seems pretty good. After that I'd need the screen and DVD unit with the built in tuner, right? (Too lazy to go back to the first page.)

Edit: Went to check it out. So I need the screen, DVD unit and the tuner. How much do those typically go for?

Life is fragile

Last edited by Santiago; 12-14-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:48 PM   #77
Technic

Quote:
Make that $360 CAD for me. Still that seems pretty good. After that I'd need the screen and DVD unit with the built in tuner, right? (Too lazy to go back to the first page.)

Edit: Went to check it out. So I need the screen, DVD unit and the tuner. How much do those typically go for?
The screen could be up to $1000.00 (16:9) used depending of condition and need of selling it quickly, or as low as $500.00 for a nice used one with cassette. The DVD computer, I strongly advice to buy it new, it is too delicate to be playing around with a $500.00 used one and then find out that it does not work. Martin at www.bmwnav.com have them for $750.00 brand new. The US Business tuner can be had for $120.00 if you fish one out on eBay... I saw one bidding for $110.00.

I have seen Euro Professional tuners (BM 54 version, the latest) on eBay Germany for $130.00 with PayPal accepted, but I do know for sure that the XMDirect Satellite radio tuner does not work in BMW HUs that the Country area is set to EUROPE, which the Professional tuner is permanently set to. The OEM CD Changer works, and probably the ice>Link with this tuner; I do not know if the OEM Sirius will work with it though...
Old 12-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #78
AhhSheeit

My Ride: '04 ///M3
Send a message via MSN to AhhSheeit Send a message via Yahoo to AhhSheeit
I am really interested in getting this done on my '04 M3. Does anyone have a good contact that has the entire kit like the one Technic picked up?
AhhSheeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:21 PM   #79
nyuaznguy

My Ride: E39 M5
Quote:

Technic, your sir are the fvcking man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nyuaznguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:37 AM   #80
fernando

My Ride: 320d
Hello they are new of this forum

@Technic

Perfect installation six state truly much professional one

You could say the code to me of retrofit cable set?

thanks

Last edited by fernando; 12-19-2004 at 03:45 AM.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote