E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2004, 10:23 PM   #101
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL
Yours is an entry level BMW too.. 323 and 325 are the same thing basically. Pre-2000, the E46 cars were 323 and 328, then 2000+ they became 325 and 330. Even if you had a M3, you just sound like an arrogant prick.
CONGRATS!!!
DING DING DING

Thats exactly the point i already made...
Thanks for repeating it

He has the same car as me and hes flaming me
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:24 PM   #102
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
Every please post your Birthday Year...

I wish there was a way to edit this board so I cant read anyones posts that have a birthday after 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
your were born about 6 months before 1980
POP QUIZ TIME!!!

What comes AFTER 1979?


A. 1980

B. 1980

C. 1980

D. All Of The Above

I have scratch paper if you need it...

Go back to skool man... learn your math
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 10-23-2004 at 10:27 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:27 PM   #103
vaio76109
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 8,828
My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
POP QUIZ TIME!!!

What comes AFTER 1979?


A. 1980

B. 1980

C. 1980

D. All Of The Above


Go back to skool man... learn your math
What the hell are you talking about? I think you need to reread my post

And your comment on how i need to go back to "skool" is laughable
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:29 PM   #104
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
What the hell are you talking about? I think you need to reread my post

And your comment on how i need to go back to "skool" is laughable
And your lack of attention to detail and how oblivious you are to sarcasm is equally amusing
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:32 PM   #105
caMber156
loves M.J.
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Diego
Posts: 5,229
My Ride: II.V
Safe cuz-its slow
__________________
caMber156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:35 PM   #106
vaio76109
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 8,828
My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
And your lack of attention to detail and how oblivious you are to sarcasm is equally amusing
I guess you dont get the point of my post. Its like saying im 25 but wont listen to people who are 24, it just doesnt make sense. You act like people that are 25 know everything, but people that are 24(and less) dont know anything.
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #107
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
I guess you dont get the point of my post. Its like saying im 25 but wont listen to people who are 24, it just doesnt make sense. You act like people that are 25 know everything, but people that are 24(and less) dont know anything.
No my point was that MOST not all but MOST of the members here ages 12-22 have the maturity of a 6 year old

Members that cant see whats wrong with speeding and racing on the highway and then posting about it

Ugh.. This forum used to be fun.....
OH Well
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #108
vaio76109
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 8,828
My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
No my point was that MOST not all but MOST of the members here ages 12-22 have the maturity of a 6 year old
2004-22=1982 Im no longer going to respond to this thread....
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:03 PM   #109
Jimslam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Taylor, MI
Posts: 25
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Snappy retort. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
You sound like an idiot bro... next time you have a retort... make sure your facts are correct...

My sunshade clips never broke...

Who are you talking to?

"entry level BMW"

Bro you drive a 2000 323
I'm well aware that you never said your sunshade clips broke - because I can read AND comprehend. My original post wasn't in response to anything you had said - you're the one who took issue with me. My initial post was in response to the myriad of board users who wrote in with negative comments on their E46s. It was for those people, to whom I was originally writing, that I mentioned the broken sunshade clips. It was what most people would call an "example".

Apparently you're truly incapable of performing a "copy and paste". I noticed that you put quotes surrounding the "entry level BMW". To all but you it would be obvious that I actually wrote "entry level luxury vehicle".

I'm not quite understanding what point it is that you're making by mentioning that I drive a 2000 323. I'm aware of what car I drive. My comment wasn't in any way a negative comment toward either 323s, entry level luxury vehicles, or entry level BMWs. I was simply making a point that describing an entry level luxury vehicle (be it a BMW or any other in that class) using entirely negative words because of some small problem is extreme. Perhaps I made the mistake of being a little vague - as is often too easy to do using the English language.

As far as posting birth years, your point seems to be that some people on the board are being immature (and that immaturity is somehow linked to age). Since you seem to have missed it the first time around, you might find it interesting that my entire initial post was concerning the fact that many of the posters on this board are young owners who feel entitled and therefore complain about their Bimmers when they should feel more grateful to have such a nice car. Many people I know in their 40s and 50s have never had the great fortune to be able to afford a BMW or any other entry level luxury vehicle.

I'm really sorry for your poor experience with BMW ownership. Mine has been excellent thus far. Of course, I think that you might've gotten started on the wrong foot. If I had been scammed into paying $40,000 for a 325, I'd be pretty mad about my car right from the beginning, too.

One last thing: the link to "My Picture Page" on your signature is broken. In your sig you have a picture of a guy and a girl on the beach. I'm assuming that's you and your sister. From the picture in your sig, it looks like she could stand to lose a few, but I was going to check your picture page and get my facts straight before mentioning it.
__________________



"Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glistened in the queen's round, metal hat."
Jimslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:07 PM   #110
vaio76109
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 8,828
My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslam
From the picture in your sig, it looks like she could stand to lose a few...
Ok, that really pisses me off x10

And ive already responded to this thread
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #111
02BMW330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,324
My Ride: Z4M, 335i, 135i
Send a message via AIM to 02BMW330ci
Subframe Tearing Machine....
__________________
02BMW330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #112
mvincent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 374
My Ride: 323i
Send a message via AIM to mvincent Send a message via Yahoo to mvincent
kinky
__________________



***EDITED FOR COMMERCIAL CONTENT***
mvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:21 PM   #113
Jimslam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Taylor, MI
Posts: 25
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Unhappy My apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
Ok, that really pisses me off x10

And ive already responded to this thread

You're right - I probably crossed the line there. Please forgive...

This guy just got me a little riled up. I wrote in with my opinion and he took offense to it for no particular reason and decided to start the name calling. He actually called me a "vain BMW badge W.hore".

Probably wouldn't bother me a whole lot except that to that point, it was totally uncalled for. If he wanted to say that about me now, he'd have good reason, I suppose. Not that it'd be true, but at least I've given him a reason to be upset with me. All along I've tried to take the high road (well, at least higher road). But sometimes the low road is just so tempting. Looking back, that I even wrote that makes me so
__________________



"Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glistened in the queen's round, metal hat."
Jimslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:31 PM   #114
mcabr
Just Marinatin'
 
mcabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Aichi
Posts: 2,632
My Ride: Chikatetsu
this guy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslam
You're right - I probably crossed the line there. Please forgive...

This guy just got me a little riled up. I wrote in with my opinion and he took offense to it for no particular reason and decided to start the name calling. He actually called me a "vain BMW badge W.hore".

Probably wouldn't bother me a whole lot except that to that point, it was totally uncalled for. If he wanted to say that about me now, he'd have good reason, I suppose. Not that it'd be true, but at least I've given him a reason to be upset with me. All along I've tried to take the high road (well, at least higher road). But sometimes the low road is just so tempting. Looking back, that I even wrote that makes me so
This site used to be fun before 04 when pricks like him showed up. He just calls you a "vain BMW badge W.hore" because he was so proud that he got rid of his badge. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=debadged+love

yeah I hate him too.
__________________
mcabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:32 PM   #115
kuruptracing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 307
My Ride: E46 M3, 07 Escalade
ate sh!t today

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=205095
kuruptracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:47 PM   #116
akhbhaat
Lying, drunken cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Second Circle of Hell
Posts: 4,364
My Ride: German Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
I wish there was a way to edit this board so I cant read anyones posts that have a birthday after 1980

You kiddies need to get a life... LMAO
Quite frankly, do you seriously believe that your responses in this thread would allow you to qualify under the above restrictions? You've already been drawn into a petty argument by those whom you imply to be beneath you in both maturity and stature. I'd be a fool and a liar to claim that the same has not happened to me in the past, but you can be damned sure it hasn't happened recently. At the risk of sounding cliche: failing to learn from mistakes is far costlier than making them in the first place.

In my opinion, age on an internet message board is merely apparent and nothing more. I judge only by the average quality of an individual's responses. There are a surprising number of 20-somethings on this particular board who act like spoiled little children with disturbing frequency.
__________________
No significant quantities of judgment-impairing narcotics were consumed during or before the creation of this message.
akhbhaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:57 AM   #117
turb0
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: toronto, north york area
Posts: 661
My Ride: 330 ci
BMDoubleU2k4 answer me this, if you hate bmw so much why are you still here ? just because your car gives you problems why you keep putting down everything and everyone ? just leave and stop turning this board into flaming board
turb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:24 AM   #118
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslam
One last thing: the link to "My Picture Page" on your signature is broken. In your sig you have a picture of a guy and a girl on the beach. I'm assuming that's you and your sister. From the picture in your sig, it looks like she could stand to lose a few, but I was going to check your picture page and get my facts straight before mentioning it.
Lol Real mature... You gonna crack a "yo momma" joke next thats my fiance bro, wouldnt trade here for the world
Never met a girl more beautiful

Since your bold enough to voice an opinion like that... why dont you post a pic of your girlfriend/wife/fiance? Dare Ya
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:26 AM   #119
02BMW330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,324
My Ride: Z4M, 335i, 135i
Send a message via AIM to 02BMW330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoubleU2k4
Lol Real mature... You gonna crack a "yo momma" joke next thats my fiance bro, wouldnt trade here for the world
Never met a girl more beautiful

Since your bold enough to voice an opinion like that... why dont you post a pic of your girlfriend/wife/fiance? Dare Ya
Looks arent alwayz everything.. that was a cheap shot tho..
__________________
02BMW330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:29 AM   #120
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BMW330ci
Looks arent alwayz everything.. that was a cheap shot tho..
This is truely funny...

The picture was shrunk and de-pixelized and cropped...

We are both actually alot thinner and taller...

Stupid paint program.. I had to make it fit the sig

I never really looked at it till now... look kinda like a funhouse mirror

Want me to make a NWS thread about her in MEMBERS
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use