E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2004, 07:54 AM   #21
av_guy
BMW Power All The Way

My Ride: Loaded 06 Mystic M3
It's early days yet. I'd wait until ACS, Hamann, Alpina and other after market firms deliver their share for the E90.

It's also BMW tradition to create "Sport" (M-Tech) cars, so let's watch this space.

Side note:
We bought my parents a Benz recently - beautifully made and the smoothest gearbox we have experienced. If BMW don't get their act sorted out, there will be plenty of brands available as options for all of us. Personally, I like the AMG incarnations. I'd even consider the 320 or the 230 engines - speed is not everything.

Last edited by VIK AD; 10-27-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:00 AM   #22
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
On that pic...does anyone see the round dot thing under the M of the license plate...it's in the bumper. Perhaps that's a form of distronic? Radar based cruise control
Correct.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #23
Cuore_alfa
alfisti & bimmer fan

My Ride: 01 Toyota Corolla CE
Send a message via MSN to Cuore_alfa
my car is for sale... isuzu rodeo 2000 on order

8C Competizione
Old 10-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #24
Rockin'Rod

My Ride: is making me broke
I agree with Vik Ad.... I think people should wait for mods to come out too. Remember...this is just advertising and many of the things that we fanatics think that make the car look good only come after market. With a little imagination, I think different rims, aero kits, etc...will bring this new generation to the next level.

I remember having the same thoughts on E46....

The positive...they jacked up power/performance which should keep it ahead of the class. Secondly, the 3 is definatly better looking than the 5 and up.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:56 AM   #25
Bimrod

My Ride: 2002 330 CI
Send a message via AIM to Bimrod
E90 Cup Holders

Please don't tell me that the cup holders come out of the dash!!!!

It will be too easy for folks to see what you are drinking...

(yes, cup holders are important for a car you drive every day)
Old 10-27-2004, 09:06 AM   #26
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin'Rod
I agree with Vik Ad.... I think people should wait for mods to come out too. Remember...this is just advertising and many of the things that we fanatics think that make the car look good only come after market. With a little imagination, I think different rims, aero kits, etc...will bring this new generation to the next level.

I remember having the same thoughts on E46....

The positive...they jacked up power/performance which should keep it ahead of the class. Secondly, the 3 is definatly better looking than the 5 and up.

I always thought that my E46 in stock form was rather bland and boring.

After painting the moldings, sport kit, lowered with 19s, Racing Dynamics roof and rear wing..I think it's improved the look 200x times.

So, it's hard to judge the new 3 in stock form. A stock E46 doesn't look any better IMO.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

Old 10-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #27
Tierfreund

My Ride: Mini now. 330 stolen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimrod
Please don't tell me that the cup holders come out of the dash!!!!

It will be too easy for folks to see what you are drinking...

(yes, cup holders are important for a car you drive every day)
Some people are never satisfied

Serious BMW-drivers take their fluids intravenously. They need both arms for the twisty bits.

Driving the german Autobahns every day will break your habbit of drinking or eating in the car....
Old 10-27-2004, 09:21 AM   #28
Bimrod

My Ride: 2002 330 CI
Send a message via AIM to Bimrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
Some people are never satisfied

Serious BMW-drivers take their fluids intravenously. They need both arms for the twisty bits.

Driving the german Autobahns every day will break your habbit of drinking or eating in the car....
Sorry. I like to enjoy a beer or two from time to time in my car. Especially when stuck in traffic before a game.....Plus I think the cup holders look kinda cheesy. (if that is where they are....)
Old 10-27-2004, 09:35 AM   #29
Tierfreund

My Ride: Mini now. 330 stolen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimrod
Sorry. I like to enjoy a beer or two from time to time in my car. Especially when stuck in traffic before a game.....Plus I think the cup holders look kinda cheesy. (if that is where they are....)
No need to apologize...

But yup, thats them. Exactly the same items as in the new 5 I drove recently.

And yes, they´re cheesy. Thats what happens when you make engineers do things they dont like.

Vat iz it ju seh ? Ze Kustoma wants to drink in ze ka ? Wei ? Iz he not dreivin ? Kant ze Passenga houd ze cupz ? Kaphoudaz ? I shau you Kaphoudaz an you vill be zorry foa asking....
Old 10-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #30
Alex
Mom says I'm a catch

My Ride: E46
Send a message via MSN to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I

I always thought that my E46 in stock form was rather bland and boring.

After painting the moldings, sport kit, lowered with 19s, Racing Dynamics roof and rear wing..I think it's improved the look 200x times.

So, it's hard to judge the new 3 in stock form. A stock E46 doesn't look any better IMO.
I will agree, I just can't bring myself to like the E90, even after looking at diff pics, right now I prefer the E46 over it....
Old 10-27-2004, 10:08 AM   #31
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
ALthough it looks a bit bland, look at the first E46 323 and 328, they were pretty bland too according to most people, and much softer looking then the E36's But see how everyone loves them now!

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Old 10-27-2004, 10:53 AM   #32
KevinJ_2k1_325ci

My Ride: 2001 325ci
New E90 official images and video in the Owners Circle

Visit the owners circle at www.bmwusa.com. I think the sedan looks better than the current one.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #33
adamu77777

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Send a message via AIM to adamu77777
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gold.jpg
Views:	3015
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	96805  
Old 10-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #34
poppy6985

My Ride: imola S4
Send a message via AIM to poppy6985
i just depsise the way bmw disconnected the kidney grils from the hood. It looks ****ing nasty and cheap. The huge chunk of metal on top of the kidney grille looks like sh1t too.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:17 PM   #35
Rockin'Rod

I actually think the bigger issue with the new 3 is the interior. To me it doesn't have the "cockpit" driving interior...it's looking like a smaller 5 or 7 series, in that it's got a too luxury feel to a sport luxury feel.

I think the engine improvements (more HP, magnesium instead of aluminum) are all good. The look of the car does has some resemblance to the E46 model and I do think, based on some of the photos on bmwusa is that this could look good.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:34 PM   #36
Rockin'Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy6985
i just depsise the way bmw disconnected the kidney grils from the hood. It looks ****ing nasty and cheap. The huge chunk of metal on top of the kidney grille looks like sh1t too.

The front kidneys actually follow the look of the 6 series....
Old 10-27-2004, 02:35 PM   #37
D_Ultim8
Go Lakers!!!

My Ride: JB ZHP'd 3 >>> SOLD!
That E90 M3 PhotoShop looks SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Oh and Tim, "E90Fanatics.com" just doesn't have the same ring to it like E46Fanatics.com has!! Can't wait to see the site, though!

Last edited by D_Ultim8; 10-27-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #38
shizat63

My Ride: 05' 330i ZHP
Disgusted with E90 Interior

BMWNA - are you reading this? The E90 interior is horrible.

Have we not learned anything from Mercedes or Audi? This is how a SPORTS sedan should be done...

and

NOT THIS

Last edited by shizat63; 10-27-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #39
wedgehead98

My Ride: 2003 330i
I just made a great decision!

Almost bought a new 5 series a couple weeks ago...decided I wasn't grown up enough to drive a 5. Lease is up on my 2003 330i in early '06...I think I'll save my money to get a new 330i earlier.

I may not love everything about the new style, but it sure promises to drive like a bat out of hell! little bit longer, little bit wider, barely taller with +30hp...I'm in! They better offer DSC on the first models.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #40
FRANCO
Masterdebator

My Ride: Your Mom
I like the new 3er a lot!!

but im not feelin the front bumper, but they'll change that in the future sports package and performance package(if they have one)....same thing with the steering wheel.....other than the steering wheel, the interior is focking beautiful.....and just like the front bumper, it'll probably be changed along the lifetime of the model, so i'll wait 4 years after it's released to buy one

Mods:p46 6000K Headlights,M3 Steering Wheel,LED Taillights,M Footrest,Smoked Turn Signals,Smoked Sidemarkers,MTech II kit,CS Splitters,Gray Instrument Panel, Red Marker DIY,Ion Yellow Foglights/High Beams,Akebono Brake Pads, Smart Chrome/Leather Gear Selector,18" Staggered CSLs

Future Mods:,H&R Sport Springs,Tint,ECIS Intake,M Lip Spoiler,OEM Aluminum Pedal Set,OEM M3 Mirrors
Closed Thread