E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #381
xxpaintmepunkxx

My Ride: Cordelia - '04Ci ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle808
You two guys are still arguing over the Z4 after all this time. Please don't stop!

xxpaintmepunkxx, you don't have to take that from him! Tell him what's up!

No. lol.

I'm done arguing with him. It's pointless, really.

Like telling a homeless man to get a job.

Tommy Vercetti is a racist bigot, who disrespects women.

Seriously.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #382
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
That's it?
That's all you got?

You make such generalized comments about my tastes, as if you know what they are, and then that's all you have to offer?

Just as well. Maybe now it will end.

TT
I never dissed your taste, SST.

Just pointed out that you failed to appreciate the design of the BMW Z4, whether you liked it or not.

Seriously.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #383
will917

My Ride: '02 330i
http://www.forbes.com/home/vehicles/..._0207feat.html

http://www.forbes.com/2005/02/04/cx_...0&boxes=custom

alittle preview of the new 3 with less torque than a buick.

stuff
Old 02-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #384
CoasterMaverick

My Ride: E90 330i
Send a message via ICQ to CoasterMaverick Send a message via AIM to CoasterMaverick Send a message via Yahoo to CoasterMaverick
has more torque than your car....

Stock 2006 330i
Old 02-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #385
xxpaintmepunkxx

That is the saddest slideshow I've ever seen. They should hire new writers.

And I'm still puzzled as to what *this* is supposed to mean:

"Mash the 3 Series' throttle and, compared to a sports car, you'll be disappointed. "Nothing is happening," you will think. This unfortunate trait is also present in BMW's $71,000 6 Series--and that's supposed to be the flagship coupe, the sexiest two-door, at a brand that sells cars on performance, so there the problem is doubly unfortunate."

The 645 is hardly a slouch in terms of acceleration? Nor is the 3 Series, to be quite frank. So what else BESIDES acceleration is supposed to happen when you "mash the throttle"?

Seriously.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #386
SST

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx
I never dissed your taste, SST.

Just pointed out that you failed to appreciate the design of the BMW Z4, whether you liked it or not.
Sure you did. Come one, admit it and be free.

You say I don't appreciate the Z4 because I don't like it's looks, right?

Your quote above is worded very awkwardly. Let's see if I get it.
You seem to imply, this time, that I fail to appreciate the design whether I like it or not. Now, does that mean that regardless if I like the Z4, I should still appreciate it's design? If that is your intent, please explain why I should appreciate it's design.

Then, in another or your statements, you said I need to appreciate that good looks come in different styles. Ok. How does my dislike of the Z4 have anything to do with appreciating different styles or good looks?
So, you imply that to appreciate the Z4 I MUST like how it looks? But, in your top quoted statement, you said I don't need to like it to appreciate it.
You aren't making sense.

I think the Z4 looks...well...stupid and designed by someone trying way too hard. The Z8 is beautiful and we both agree with that. The Z8 is a 2 door convertible and the Z4 is a 2 door convertible. So, it seems I DO appreciate that good looks aren't shared by virtue of the same style of the car.
I also appreciate that the 3 series in a 4 door style is nice looking and it is good looking as a 2 door style. So, it seems I can appreciate different styles and their potential good looks. Hmmm...so where is it that I fail to appreciate different styles and good looks? Again, the Z4. Get over it. You like it, I don't.

Now, "Go away or I will taunt you again for a second time."

TT
Old 02-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #387
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
You say I don't appreciate the Z4 because I don't like it's looks, right?

Your quote above is worded very awkwardly. Let's see if I get it.
You seem to imply, this time, that I fail to appreciate the design whether I like it or not. Now, does that mean that regardless if I like the Z4, I should still appreciate it's design? If that is your intent, please explain why I should appreciate it's design.

Then, in another or your statements, you said I need to appreciate that good looks come in different styles. Ok. How does my dislike of the Z4 have anything to do with appreciating different styles or good looks?
So, you imply that to appreciate the Z4 I MUST like how it looks? But, in your top quoted statement, you said I don't need to like it to appreciate it.
You aren't making sense.
Goddamn you, use spell check. Would make replying to you so much easier.

My point is, that you do NOT appreciate the design of the Z4 in any way, shape, or form apparently. From what I have gathered from your replies, you do NOT admire that it was revolutionary, you do NOT admire it because it's different, you do NOT admire it's skillful ingenuity of design.

You don't necessarily have to like the way it looks, but you should acknowledge that it is definitely a successful design, and not just dismiss it the way you do.

Your dislike of the Z4 illustrates that you only seem to appreciate the designs that you find attractive, regardless of the statement the design is trying to make.

I hope this serves to clarify what I was getting at. Sorry my diction confused you.

Seriously.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:45 PM   #388
SST

not just 3.0 in both models?

There was a person claiming to know that the new 3 series 325 and 330 would both have a 3.0 engine.
This from Forbes.com seems to disagree with that.

"When the new 3 Series goes on sale in June, it will have two smooth, inline six-cylinder engines: a 2.5-liter, 218-horsepower power plant and a 3.0-liter, 255-hp one. Six-speed manual transmissions will be available in both models, as will such upscale perks as radar-based active cruise control, which keeps the car at a constant distance from the vehicle in front of it."

Anyone have more info?

Also, I'm starting to like the new interior, and it looks like BMW will be using better steering wheels, at least in terms of looks. I like a thicker wheel.
My sport package wheels is too narrow for my taste. It looks like BMW will be addressing that with the new 3 series.

TT
Old 02-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #389
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
There was a person claiming to know that the new 3 series 325 and 330 would both have a 3.0 engine.
This from Forbes.com seems to disagree with that.

"When the new 3 Series goes on sale in June, it will have two smooth, inline six-cylinder engines: a 2.5-liter, 218-horsepower power plant and a 3.0-liter, 255-hp one. Six-speed manual transmissions will be available in both models, as will such upscale perks as radar-based active cruise control, which keeps the car at a constant distance from the vehicle in front of it."

Anyone have more info?

Also, I'm starting to like the new interior, and it looks like BMW will be using better steering wheels, at least in terms of looks. I like a thicker wheel.
My sport package wheels is too narrow for my taste. It looks like BMW will be addressing that with the new 3 series.

TT
Forbes is wrong. They will both be 3.0 liter engines, as per every other source besides Forbes. Unless everyone else is wrong...

I also like the beefier steering wheels, although I'm not a huge fan of the center part of the wheel has. New interior is nice. Forbes seems to think the new wheels are "overstuffed". Needless to say, I think they need to ****.

Seriously.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #390
SST

Quote:
Goddamn you, use spell check. Would make replying to you so much easier.

My point is, that you do NOT appreciate the design of the Z4 in any way, shape, or form apparently. From what I have gathered from your replies, you do NOT admire that it was revolutionary, you do NOT admire it because it's different, you do NOT admire it's skillful ingenuity of design.

You don't necessarily have to like the way it looks, but you should acknowledge that it is definitely a successful design, and not just dismiss it the way you do.

Your dislike of the Z4 illustrates that you only seem to appreciate the designs that you find attractive, regardless of the statement the design is trying to make.

I hope this serves to clarify what I was getting at. Sorry my diction confused you.

Can you read? I ask that in the nicest way.
What exactly did I misspell?
Before you go cursing again youngster make sure you have your information correct.
I think it's obvious when someone can't spell and when someone has a few spelling errors. Get real.

As far as what you just wrote, it's pretty obvious that your definition of appreciation is far more broad than mine. Good for you.
But, again, we don't agree. I don't much like the new Cadillac designs, but I do appreciate what they've done for GM. I don't think the new M5 looks as nice as previous models, but I appreciate the engineering that went into the overall supermodel.

I don't like the Z4. I don't think it did anything for BMW except create controversy. Sales of the Z4 are not good. The public isn't responding to it very well. It replaced a good looking Z3 which could have used a freshening but there didn't seem a reason to do away with it completely.
What's there to appreciate? The Z4 gives BMW more criticism than it needs.
It's creates lackluster sales for a company we all want to see succeed and continue to give us great driving cars.

Admire the Z4 cause it's different? Whatever. The Pontiac Aztek is WAY "different" but you would be hard pressed to find supporters for that unique design.
What is so "revolutionary" about the Z4? I don't see MB using it for any of it's design cues. Mazda's successful Miata won't have anything borrowed from the Z4 design. The new Pontiac Solstice and Saturn cousin are not "feeling" the Z4. Revolutionary? Hardly. It's an angular convertible coupe that breaks no new ground in terms of a 2 door convertible. It doesn't offer new modes of entering or exiting the vehicle. Does it create some magical luggage or carrying space with it's "revolutionary" design?
What is so revolutionary about it? There was a simple, elegant, organic Z3 which simply inspired visions of riding into the country side on a warm sunny day. The Z4 appears as some design project created to simply show-off that different can be just that, different.

"Your dislike of the Z4 illustrates that you only seem to appreciate the designs that you find attractive, regardless of the statement the design is trying to make."

Boy, the vast majority of humanity must be cursed with my affliction.
How dare we appreciate that which we actually like?
Oh, the shame of it all.

TT
Old 02-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #391
jason330i
moderation in all things

My Ride: 2002 330i
acs e90

got them from bimmerfest.

could be a
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e90ac_750.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	112965   Click image for larger version

Name:	acs3.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	112966  

you sir, are a
Old 02-23-2005, 06:53 PM   #392
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Can you read? I ask that in the nicest way.
Before you go cursing again youngster make sure you have your information correct.
I think it's obvious when someone can't spell and when someone has a few spelling errors. Get real.
Most spell-checks also check for bad grammar. I found your post hard to follow, but it might have something to do with the way you just jump randomly from point to point without any semblence of coherence. Whatever.

Just a thought.

Seriously.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:54 PM   #393
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330i
got them from bimmerfest.

could be a
Never seen this before, good find

I like it MUCH better than the Mattig monstrosity.

Seriously.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #394
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Sure you did. Come one, admit it and be free.
And that is what you mispelled, exactly.

Seriously.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #395
S2Krazy
A Flammable Plumber

My Ride: ****ED UP CL
Send a message via AIM to S2Krazy Send a message via MSN to S2Krazy
those are very nice pics
Old 02-24-2005, 01:05 AM   #396
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
xxpaintmepunkxx, SHUT UP!
SST, SHUT UP!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:29 AM   #397
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
xxpaintmepunkxx, SHUT UP!
SST, SHUT UP!

Seriously.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #398
SST

Quote:
Most spell-checks also check for bad grammar. I found your post hard to follow, but it might have something to do with the way you just jump randomly from point to point without any semblence of coherence. Whatever.

Just a thought.
Here's a thought; when speaking of "spelling" you are talking about the correct order of letters to form the word. When speaking of "grammar" one is speaking of the order or words.
Now, because you fail to comprehend certain things, that is not the fault of my writing. Try "listening" when reading and don't form arguments while doing it. Read first, then respond.

Don't make me go and correct your various posts in other threads.
On the net a decent grasp of writing is all that is required to post.
No one here expects more than that. So, get off your stupid argument about my spelling and grammar which are just fine. The problem is that you let your emotion get in the way of your thought process. Debate the points, please. If you go personal, we can all do that.
You seem like a smart guy, you just need to get on it and not waste so much time defending your position by attacking someone with pointless accusations.

TT
Old 02-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #399
SST

Quote:
And that is what you mispelled, exactly.
Wow.

I wouldn't think that ONE word could so easily throw you.
Thanks for sharing.

TT

Last edited by SST; 02-24-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #400
xxpaintmepunkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Here's a thought; when speaking of "spelling" you are talking about the correct order of letters to form the word. When speaking of "grammar" one is speaking of the order or words.
Now, because you fail to comprehend certain things, that is not the fault of my writing. Try "listening" when reading and don't form arguments while doing it. Read first, then respond.

Don't make me go and correct your various posts in other threads.
On the net a decent grasp of writing is all that is required to post.
No one here expects more than that. So, get off your stupid argument about my spelling and grammar which are just fine. The problem is that you let your emotion get in the way of your thought process. Debate the points, please. If you go personal, we can all do that.
You seem like a smart guy, you just need to get on it and not waste so much time defending your position by attacking someone with pointless accusations.

TT
Shhhhhhhhh We've been told to shutup.

Seriously.
Closed Thread