E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #61
poppy6985

My Ride: imola S4
Send a message via AIM to poppy6985
Yeah for i drive. WTF is wrong with bmw. We went from the most awesome driver interior as mentioned the e36 plain and simple directed towards drive to this gay idrive in mater of 10 years. Next car will def not be a bmw unless i buy an e39 m5.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:02 PM   #62
Vanos_Villain

My Ride: 2002 BMW M5/M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy6985
Yeah for i drive. WTF is wrong with bmw. We went from the most awesome driver interior as mentioned the e36 plain and simple directed towards drive to this gay idrive in mater of 10 years. Next car will def not be a bmw unless i buy an e39 m5.
Good riddens!

The most villainest Capoeirista on planet Earth!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #63
heezyo2o

My Ride: .
Looks like you get idrive if you get NAV. As for driver orientated, I have an e34 where everything faces you, but that doesn't mean it's better.

The Audi interiors are nice though. I especially like the seats. If the sport seats in the e90 are anything like those in the e60, it'd be best to splurge for the comfort seats.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:09 PM   #64
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
Old 10-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #65
ice_man

My Ride: is collecting dust
Send a message via AIM to ice_man
Interior doesn't look that bad. It's a little too plain though.

Tiefer, Breiter, Schneller!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #66
Vanos_Villain

My Ride: 2002 BMW M5/M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by heezyo2o
Looks like you get idrive if you get NAV. As for driver orientated, I have an e34 where everything faces you, but that doesn't mean it's better.

The Audi interiors are nice though. I especially like the seats. If the sport seats in the e90 are anything like those in the e60, it'd be best to splurge for the comfort seats.
I think all of the new BMW models will have IDrive as an interface. I also agree that just because the dash is directed towards you doesn't mean the layout is necessarily better.

The most villainest Capoeirista on planet Earth!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #67
Robert Martin

My Ride: 325ci and M3
Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
No need to apologize...

But yup, thats them. Exactly the same items as in the new 5 I drove recently.

And yes, they´re cheesy. Thats what happens when you make engineers do things they dont like.

Vat iz it ju seh ? Ze Kustoma wants to drink in ze ka ? Wei ? Iz he not dreivin ? Kant ze Passenga houd ze cupz ? Kaphoudaz ? I shau you Kaphoudaz an you vill be zorry foa asking....
Vat r ze BMW dezignrz tinking? I tink za r drinking too much vorm beer! I seh AKTUNG! Ze curant kaphoudaz r perrrrfict!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #68
WhiteDagger

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via AIM to WhiteDagger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid
That's the RD6 3.0 twin-turbo diesel model, which has a redline of 5,000 rpm, the R6 series has a redline of 7,000 rpm.
It's the diesel model.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #69
FRANCO
Masterdebator

My Ride: Your Mom
I think the e90 interior is really nice (except for the steering wheel, but they'll probably change the design) what makes me like it better than the e46 is the use of less vinyl, there's more aluminum interior trim, ESPECIALLY ON THE DOORS, the doors on the sedan are significantly better than the e46, i thought our sedan doors were plain as fock (not as plain as 350Z doors though, hahahaha sorry, had to say that)

i think once you sit in one, it'll be better, by experience an interior in real life is way better in the pictures....ie. the new 530i my dad just bought, it's interior is freakin nice (some people on this forum though the new 5er interior sucked) even with gray leather and wood trim, the wood in the 5er is just so much nice than in the 3er

Mods:p46 6000K Headlights,M3 Steering Wheel,LED Taillights,M Footrest,Smoked Turn Signals,Smoked Sidemarkers,MTech II kit,CS Splitters,Gray Instrument Panel, Red Marker DIY,Ion Yellow Foglights/High Beams,Akebono Brake Pads, Smart Chrome/Leather Gear Selector,18" Staggered CSLs

Future Mods:,H&R Sport Springs,Tint,ECIS Intake,M Lip Spoiler,OEM Aluminum Pedal Set,OEM M3 Mirrors
Old 10-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #70
jstar41

My Ride: TopazE46|MontegoE92
Maybe is a 3rd fog light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN

On that pic...does anyone see the round dot thing under the M of the license plate...it's in the bumper. Perhaps that's a form of distronic? Radar based cruise control
Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #71
jstar41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330i
e90 interior. i guess i-drive might be an option...
this interior looks like it belongs in a Toyota camry..
Old 10-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #72
jstar41

BOYCOTT BMW.. and they'll go back to making sports cars.. i'm so depressed.. ;-)
Old 10-27-2004, 07:55 PM   #73
rocks
Likes Supermodels

My Ride: Psychedelic Machine
i am slowing liking it after seeing the videos. despite what many of you say, in a year or two you'll be eating your own words. i plan on getting the sedan when the second batch rolls out, so until then my e46 will be my primary commute. also, this time i'll make sure i get the 6sp. manual tranny, yes i hate auto's.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #74
kidjoe

My Ride: 3 w/lots of mod's
Send a message via MSN to kidjoe
DUDE i gotta say it... Whot a Fugly Car..!!! looks like a hunday... one of those japanese designs... nothing personal guys (japanese if there's one around here) but it defenelly looks like a Toyota Camry or a Hunday...

if they do the same thing to the M3.. dude.. i'm telling u.. i'm done with the BMW... sorry but bangle SUCK ASS..!!! can i say ASS or A$$
whotever..

Kill Bangle..!!
Old 10-27-2004, 10:11 PM   #75
pomsaeng

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Send a message via AIM to pomsaeng
I hope it grows on me...
Hamann HM2's 18 x 8.5
Pirelli PZero Neros M&S
Reflector Clears
OEM ///M3 Silver Interior Trim
Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
Mtech Illuminated Shift Knob

Not Equipped:
Hamann Competition Sideskirts
Hamann Rear Add-on

More mods to come...:)
Old 10-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #76
estim8d

My Ride: 02 325iT | 04 S4 V8
love the side sky line, not the front headlights. rear is cool. But damn, that interior looks darn right cheap. The 7 looks SOOO much better. Look how long that straight line of the dash is and for what? oh well - I still need to sit in it though...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:18 PM   #77
dortega

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizat63

NOT THIS
Sorry, but the new A6's interior screams Pontiac Bonneville. The materials might be nice, but the design is downright disgusting.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:53 AM   #78
Salsero2

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy6985
I think it look likes s1it. I think the 330 should of at least had 280hp. Im so dissapointed with bmw. I loved bmw's when i first saw the e36 m3 but ever since bangle has become a designer, the designs have sucked. Just take a look at the new 7 and 5. What can i say about the 3? Oh it doesnt look as fawked up as the others so its the nicest. Bmw has lost a customer
. Audi S4 here i come.

-elias
If history is any indicator BMW's 258 HP six will run with most other manufacturers 280 HP engines.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:08 AM   #79
Salsero2

My Ride: 330
1- Kidneys look awful. Kidney top have to go.
2- Interior reminds me of kitchen appliances. The e46 interior looked great even in photos.
3- The rest in these preliminary images looks acceptable if you gotta drive a BMW. Hopefully as in e46, sport pack will make a big difference for the better.

4- Stop worrying about the looks and hope that BMW like the rest of the automotive world has figured out how to:
A) Build a suspension that does not need new bushings every 20,000 miles.
B) Build sub frame mounts that don't crack.
c) Attach a nut to an oil pump shaft that will not work itself loose and crater the engine.
These problems have been around for at least two generations. Anybody want to bet the e90's will have some of the same flaws?

Last edited by Salsero2; 10-28-2004 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:10 AM   #80
Tierfreund

My Ride: Mini now. 330 stolen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330i
e90 interior. i guess i-drive might be an option...
I-Drive comes with nav. No nav = Different Dashboard without second hood, monitor and I-Drive.

I guess retrofitting Original nav will become a lot more complicated in the E90 than in the E46.