E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
mamasaid325CI

My Ride: 2004 325CI white/blk
Send a message via AIM to mamasaid325CI
why did YOU buy your BMW?!?

haaaaay PEOPLE!

i'm gonna be the PIMP owner of a 325CI pretty soon (pretty sure) and i just wanted to see why you people decided to buy your BMW as opposed to all the other cars out there in the market...

PERSUADE ME...

cause i'm just thinking about the reliability factor...and i read on another forum or thread about people treating you different and all that...and i just don't want to encounter hella problems (hence forking out more money) with the car once i get it...

so any tips or advice on why BMWs are the car to own would be appreciated!

also, i've been looking around for used a used 325CI (Donald Trump rejected my letter about adopting me) and i've seen like every possible imaginable color...black, white, gray, gray-green, blue...and so i just wanted to see what color is a TOTAL GUY-MAGNET, jk! but, what color do you think would look good for a girl!?! of course i'm gonna take into consideration how the engine runs and the options of the car and all...but any feedback on colors that are easy to take care of, look especially good once i fix it up, etc...

thanks!

2004 325ci alpine white/blk leather
mamasaid325CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:27 PM   #2
yayopwr

My Ride: yeah
If you're a blonde i would definetly go with white. If you have darker hair i'm not really sure. Best of luck to you.
yayopwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:34 PM   #3
TheTICK

My Ride: A slow Hamann *****
Send a message via AIM to TheTICK
if you love to drive... definately get a bimmer, simple as that.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
Gmurda21

My Ride: E46 323i
Only car my father has ever owned. 30+ years of pure driving pleasure. So i had to have the ultimate driving machine aswell.
Gmurda21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:01 PM   #5
MFarrZHP

My Ride: Has 6 speeds
Chicks looks better in BMWs, its a scientific fact. BTW, you will be hounded with requests for pics of yourself on here. I like girls in black BMWs.

But I bought mine b/c its the best mix of speed, luxury, and pimp factor for the price. Im have 2 now, and I will have more soon.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #6
akhbhaat
Lying, drunken cheat

My Ride: German Civic
Quite simply, I choose this car because, at the time, it was by far the finest car in it's class. That, and I was a serious BMW freak of sorts. With good reason (again, finest car).

That was four years ago.

The market is much more competitive and congested today, and the E46 platform has aged some, but it's still a somewhat viable choice. It's still one of the most visceral cars to drive in the sport sedan/coupe category. Would I still go with a 323/325 today? That's a tough call. In my eyes, the sedan is still one of the best looking four door cars available in that price range, surpassed only by perhaps the revised C-class, but the coupe is facing some very serious competition from the likes of the G35C and some of the other new sport/luxury coupes in that price range (350Z, RX-8, and so on). In regards driving dynamics, as stated above, the car is still a bit ahead of the competition, but the entire line as a whole needs a boost in power (which it will apparently get when the E90 is released) to remain truly competitive. Some negatives are the facelift styling, which I don't like, and some changes to the steering and throttle which have slightly degraded the car's sense of driver feedback. You may or may not care about that.

Nevermind the color...getting it in manual alone will definitely attract guys. There are practical reasons for it, of course, but I'll leave the sexual innuendos for that one to the perverts and teenagers on this board.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:45 PM   #7
phita23

My Ride: 325i
Because my dad wouldn't buy me an 350z or rx-8 and I wouldn't let him buy me a rsx.

So we "compromised" and got a bimmer
phita23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
Fzara2000

My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by phita23
Because my dad wouldn't buy me an 350z or rx-8 and I wouldn't let him buy me a rsx.

So we "compromised" and got a bimmer
LOL We saw the Subaru WRX STI, but he decided to stay with the WRX. Of course, he refused to buy me a manual, so before starting to decide if I wanted to the auto WRX, I totally declined for a 4-speed auto coming out to 26, 27k with the audio and alarm features, etc. Eventually I found out my dad didnt want me with that high HP car messing around, etc, so we laid off the idea.

We test drove the IS300. Beautiful I6, but too little room and was RWD. Again, we stopped pursuing because of the hard hills around my house in the snow.

We were considering the MINI S, and we were decided on that, until I found out there was a 9 month wait.

We saw the Volvo S60-R, but my dad didnt like the interior of the Volvo, and thought again, it was too high of a HP car.

In the end, all of the RWD choices were ruled out. RX-8, 350z, CTS, etc. Since we had a '94 318i in the garage that worked beautifully, we decided to trust BMW's superior reliability we experienced and go for the AWD bimmer. Tailored to my tastes, we bit and were pretty happy with the luxury, the AWESOME lease offer, and the good sales staff.

Although the power could have been a bit more, i'm extremely happy with the way the car handles and just has this mean look at different times of the day

Old 10-30-2004, 10:11 PM   #9
Gucki83

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP / 635CSi
I had to understand all the hype.

Now I do.

The End.

(I also had my eye on a particular setup, color and option packages. And I got the exact car I imagined owning. I'm happy!)
Old 10-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #10
sycE46

My Ride: 323ci
At the time I bought my car (back in 2000...), BMWs were basically the only cars that had a 6 cylinder engine with manual trannys. So... it really limited my choices... Audi A4 was too old and getting replaced. hondas... but I really like torquey engines...

A lot has changed since then. So many cars I would consider now.
sycE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:04 AM   #11
akhbhaat
Lying, drunken cheat

My Ride: German Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycE46
At the time I bought my car (back in 2000...), BMWs were basically the only cars that had a 6 cylinder engine with manual trannys. So... it really limited my choices... Audi A4 was too old and getting replaced. hondas... but I really like torquey engines...

A lot has changed since then. So many cars I would consider now.
If the IS300 came in a manual tranny in it's first year, I would've waited a few months to check it out.

Even in retrospect, it really doesn't offer the styling and feel I'm interested in, however.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:09 AM   #12
kevmo

My Ride: vDubDizzle
Send a message via AIM to kevmo
it's :pimp: simple as that

kevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:12 AM   #13
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFarrM3
Chicks looks better in BMWs, its a scientific fact. BTW, you will be hounded with requests for pics of yourself on here. I like girls in black BMWs.

But I bought mine b/c its the best mix of speed, luxury, and pimp factor for the price. Im have 2 now, and I will have more soon.

All five (5) of us in my family have one.

Once you go BMW you don't look back. Ultimate driving machine all the way.

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:36 AM   #14
rana

My Ride: 04' 320i, 03' 745Li
b4 buying my bmw.......my dad and i looked at EVERY car there was to offer......from honda civics, nissan sentra se-rs to 350z's...

but the bmw was just meant to be...
Old 10-31-2004, 02:52 AM   #15
mamasaid325CI

My Ride: 2004 325CI white/blk
Send a message via AIM to mamasaid325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana
but the bmw was just meant to be...
yeah...i have a feeling that's gonna be the case for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFarrM3
Chicks looks better in BMWs, its a scientific fact.
well okay then...i'm SOLD!

2004 325ci alpine white/blk leather
mamasaid325CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #16
Tenchi
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist

My Ride: 330i, 535i
Send a message via AIM to Tenchi
cuz i like it

Quote:
Stay away from FedEx if you want your packages delivered in one piece.
Tenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:59 AM   #17
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Well, at the time I was looking at dropping some serious coin on my e36. Suspension upgrades, body kit, AA turbo. I started crunching the numbers and realized that I could have a fat ass down payment on a new Bimmer instead.

I was born and raised in Germany so Bimmers are a little taste of home, and my Dad has been a BMW fan since before I was born. I couldn't even guess how many Bimmers he's been through (even though he jumped ship to the Corvette back in '99 or '00).

Now I'm on my second BMW. I do not foresee another Bimmer in my house anytime soon, unless one wants to count a Mini S. There's not much for me to like about the new models being released. Plus I plan on driving both my Bimmers until the wheels fall off.

Now back to your particular scenario. I think a chick would look hotter stepping out of a red G35C, than a stock any color Bimmer. A modded Bimmer would be different, but stock for stock, I'd do way more drooling over the chick in the G35C. And if it's an Asian chick, good God...
Old 10-31-2004, 11:01 AM   #18
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
for me, a hot girl in a bmw is a guy magnet (especially if its modded), the car could be purple polka-dotted for all i care.....well i might care about that but you get the point.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:12 AM   #19
TitanSilber ZHP

My Ride: 08 E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to TitanSilber ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to TitanSilber ZHP
cause the parts are cheap!

J/K!!!!!!!!!

FS: Camera Mount:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=694858
TitanSilber ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:50 PM   #20
330blaC i

My Ride: 330Ci
Angry Bye Bye Bmw

i dont understand why owners of the 3 series coupes wont be honest about their cars. my 330ci is one of the nicest on the road here in miami if not the nicest ive seen so far with the black 19" stag wheels and navigation package. bottom line is these cars need improving. interior and exterior. im sure 3 series coupe owners know what im talking about. how many times have you had to take your bmw in for the interior trim piece falling out or because your center console paint peels. hope you owners are still under warranty! or what about needing your bushings replaced with only 35000 miles on your vehicle. dont get me wrong im not bashing BMW here but for the money i spent on my 330ci i expected more. everyone BMW forum ive visited nobody wants admit what type of mistake or regrets they have purchasing this type of vehicle. the e46 body styling already looks outdated anyway. my advice to anyone reading this.....do your research on this vehicle and i dont mean read magazine reviews i mean ask people who already own or have owned one about their opinion and im sure you will see. traded mine yesterday for the G35coupe and i cant believe the perfomance on this thing! so bye bye BMW. my G eats 330's for breakfast!
330blaC i is offline   Reply With Quote