E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2004, 12:00 PM   #21
Jarn0

My Ride: Nada :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330blaC i
i dont understand why owners of the 3 series coupes wont be honest about their cars. my 330ci is one of the nicest on the road here in miami if not the nicest ive seen so far with the black 19" stag wheels and navigation package. bottom line is these cars need improving. interior and exterior. im sure 3 series coupe owners know what im talking about. how many times have you had to take your bmw in for the interior trim piece falling out or because your center console paint peels. hope you owners are still under warranty! or what about needing your bushings replaced with only 35000 miles on your vehicle. dont get me wrong im not bashing BMW here but for the money i spent on my 330ci i expected more. everyone BMW forum ive visited nobody wants admit what type of mistake or regrets they have purchasing this type of vehicle. the e46 body styling already looks outdated anyway. my advice to anyone reading this.....do your research on this vehicle and i dont mean read magazine reviews i mean ask people who already own or have owned one about their opinion and im sure you will see. traded mine yesterday for the G35coupe and i cant believe the perfomance on this thing! so bye bye BMW. my G eats 330's for breakfast!

You're gonna get spanked by everyone in about 1-2 minutes
Originally Posted by JoeVert
There is a good reason why so many more black men date white girls then vice versa. I have a feeling black men are not avoiding black women because of their color
Of all the posts I've read in forums in my life, this was easily the most captivating. It has all the elements of a great post, adventure, mystery, love, and danger...When I read this post, it took my breath away. Simply amazing. 10 stars!
Jarn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:04 PM   #22
notE46
Where am I?

My Ride: M Coupe
because I'm BLINDLY LOYAL TO BMW!

no just kidding. because we tried audi and MB (had the new C320 for a while and hated that POS) and BMW was just better at everything.
'02 330ia
notE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:33 PM   #23
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
Quote:
i dont understand why owners of the 3 series coupes wont be honest about their cars. my 330ci is one of the nicest on the road here in miami if not the nicest ive seen so far with the black 19" stag wheels and navigation package. bottom line is these cars need improving. interior and exterior. im sure 3 series coupe owners know what im talking about. how many times have you had to take your bmw in for the interior trim piece falling out or because your center console paint peels. hope you owners are still under warranty! or what about needing your bushings replaced with only 35000 miles on your vehicle. dont get me wrong im not bashing BMW here but for the money i spent on my 330ci i expected more. everyone BMW forum ive visited nobody wants admit what type of mistake or regrets they have purchasing this type of vehicle. the e46 body styling already looks outdated anyway. my advice to anyone reading this.....do your research on this vehicle and i dont mean read magazine reviews i mean ask people who already own or have owned one about their opinion and im sure you will see. traded mine yesterday for the G35coupe and i cant believe the perfomance on this thing! so bye bye BMW. my G eats 330's for breakfast!
I have actually never had any of those happen to me. 2001 325Ci with 51,000 on the clock. The only problems i have had that werent a result of my own actions were things like a bad ignition coil or a blown Harmon Kardon subwoofer (which is probably due to my turning it up real loud with the windows down on the highway....i used to commute).
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:37 PM   #24
S2Krazy
A Flammable Plumber

My Ride: ****ED UP CL
Send a message via AIM to S2Krazy Send a message via MSN to S2Krazy
Quote:
only thing i hade to take my car to the dealership for was the interior trim falling off .. once.... i have a 2001 325ci with 54k , went to test drive a g35 coupe and hated the interior and the ride , it might have more power but i would still take my car over the g35 anyday , it felt great when i got back in my car from driving the g
S2Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:52 PM   #25
Griptruk

My Ride: 2001 E46 330Ci
My Dad always dreamed of owning a BMW when he was young, Since then he has owned six 3 series coupes. (320, E30, E36 318is, E36 M3, E46 330Ci, E46 330Ci ZHP)
I guess that played a big part in me becoming a BMW fan.
When I rolled the M3 and cheated death because of how well the car held up, I was pretty convinced. I've had a 1971 2002 that I've been restoring for years, and I finally have a BMW as a daily driver.

They are not without fault, certainly, but they are one of the most well rounded cars out there, and certainly have been the car every other car is compared to, the benchmark for quality and performace, if you will.

My 330ci is fun to drive, pretty good on gas, comfortable, and I can take it on the track when I want. I've loved driving every BMW my father owned and now I love drving mine every day.

"picking up chicks" or impressing people has never been part of the equation when I am deciding on a vehicle, it is my love for the car and the satisfaction I will gain from driving it, not how cool it is or that it has a .2 second faster 0-60 time than ____.

-Jer
Last edited by Griptruk; 10-31-2004 at 02:55 PM.
Griptruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:20 PM   #26
NisoCrew

My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Every BMW I see turns my head, E30, 36, 46, 39...doesn't matter, I turn and smile at every one. If there is a chick in one I look some more. If she can drive, then game on...if not, give your car to someone that can. Get a manual! Guys like manuals, and girls that can drive them. As far as color goes...white, black, or red ;-) And as an aside, the E46 body style will not be outdated for a while, it still gets looks everywhere it goes, even BMW is not going to have an easy time converting everyone over to the E90.

"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 05:55 PM   #27
mamasaid325CI

My Ride: 2004 325CI white/blk
Send a message via AIM to mamasaid325CI
Quote:
i dont understand why owners of the 3 series coupes wont be honest about their cars.
Thanks! I appreciate your honesty even though you might get virtually b*tched slapped by some people...but i'm glad that you gave me the flip side of owning it as well...cause i'm sure all cars have problems and not everyone is gonna like the BMW...

but, I test drove the 325ci today, and i think that i'm gonna go with that one...it had enough horsepower for me and for my needs and if i'm gonna add stuff to it anyway, might as well save money any way i can...also, it'd suck if i got the 330ci cause then i'd have to get admin to change my user name

also, stupid question...but everyone's been telling me to get Xenon lights cause it's worth the money...so if anybody can tell me what exactly is so great about it...what makes it better than the regular kind...that would be much appreciated cause i

also, i found this car online...it's not from a dealer..but some place that sells used cars...i dunno but it sounds pretty good to me...supposedly the warranty is still in effect for another 4 years or till 50,000mi...and the guy said it's never been in any accidents (even if it was..dunno if he would even tell me the truth)...but if anybody can take a quick look at it and tell me what they think about it...that would be really great since i don't wanna waste my time going down there (the place is like 300mi from where i live) if it's not even worth it online...seems kinda too good to be true and the price seems pretty good to me unless i'm a dumbass and it's not...but thanks a bunch!

Here's the link ~> 2004 325CI Steptronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330
Now back to your particular scenario. I think a chick would look hotter stepping out of a red G35C, than a stock any color Bimmer. A modded Bimmer would be different, but stock for stock, I'd do way more drooling over the chick in the G35C. And if it's an Asian chick, good God...
sorry, but i don't think i'm gonna get the G35C...but my 325ci will probably be modded anyway so that'll be good enough...and lucky for me too...i'm ASIAN

2004 325ci alpine white/blk leather
mamasaid325CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:42 PM   #28
Tenchi
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist

My Ride: 330i, 535i
Send a message via AIM to Tenchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasaid325CI

Thanks! I appreciate your honesty even though you might get virtually b*tched slapped by some people...but i'm glad that you gave me the flip side of owning it as well...cause i'm sure all cars have problems and not everyone is gonna like the BMW...

but, I test drove the 325ci today, and i think that i'm gonna go with that one...it had enough horsepower for me and for my needs and if i'm gonna add stuff to it anyway, might as well save money any way i can...also, it'd suck if i got the 330ci cause then i'd have to get admin to change my user name

also, stupid question...but everyone's been telling me to get Xenon lights cause it's worth the money...so if anybody can tell me what exactly is so great about it...what makes it better than the regular kind...that would be much appreciated cause i

also, i found this car online...it's not from a dealer..but some place that sells used cars...i dunno but it sounds pretty good to me...supposedly the warranty is still in effect for another 4 years or till 50,000mi...and the guy said it's never been in any accidents (even if it was..dunno if he would even tell me the truth)...but if anybody can take a quick look at it and tell me what they think about it...that would be really great since i don't wanna waste my time going down there (the place is like 300mi from where i live) if it's not even worth it online...seems kinda too good to be true and the price seems pretty good to me unless i'm a dumbass and it's not...but thanks a bunch!

Here's the link ~> 2004 325CI Steptronic

sorry, but i don't think i'm gonna get the G35C...but my 325ci will probably be modded anyway so that'll be good enough...and lucky for me too...i'm ASIAN

you do realize that 330 blac i is a troll.

Quote:
Stay away from FedEx if you want your packages delivered in one piece.
Tenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:09 PM   #29
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
A quick note about the xenons. The light they produce is far superior to any halogen system I have ever experienced. The light is crisper, brighter, and greatly improves driving at night. I used to hate driving at night and would avoid it if possible because I couldn't barely see at night. With the Xenons I have no problem. I forget how much more the Xenons cost these days but mine were $700 and it was a small increase in price for the added safety.

Quote:
Hmm... well I'll stick to the red. Not too many red Bimmers out there, plus something about a chick in a red car. Also what other color car can you have a matching shade of lip stick to?

Whatever color you choose, you've already won me over with the whole Bimmer + Asian girl =
Old 10-31-2004, 07:38 PM   #30
adamofseattle

My Ride: ZiiiiiiiiiiiiipCar
Do always enjoy contradicting yourself?

Quote:
...my 330ci is one of the nicest on the road here in miami.... the e46 body styling already looks outdated anyway.
And most people love the styling of the e46, its modern yet timeless IMO, which is a very hard thing to do.

ap

and mamasaid
Old 10-31-2004, 07:54 PM   #31
rocks
Likes Supermodels

My Ride: Psychedelic Machine
my first bimmer was a 96 318is, it was by far the best car 'ave ever driven especially handling-wise. before that i was a jap car fan, but since i made the long anticipated switch, am truly satisfied. even though i spend more money on maintenace of these cars, i still would'nt have anything else. now am on my second bimmer, and am already thinking of getting e46 m3 next year. i'm hooked, and as such it's bimmers until the day i die.
rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:42 PM   #32
L-I-B

My Ride: makes my day
its a mix of sportyness, handling, syling and luxury.
L-I-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 PM   #33
Nuori
_

My Ride: A 323 mule pepe
Where is the car being sold? Area code 96536 says military. Link

Nuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:21 AM   #34
K-Man

My Ride: BMW
Brings Me Women

I had a women at a Costco gas station tell me that BMW's make her wet between the legs
K-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #35
VailM3

My Ride: 2003 grey/cin m3 cab
I have had a few cars before this but not a convertable so i jumpend on the M3 cab when I saw it and havent looked back since. Best cab i have owned, driven is a different story
VailM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:15 AM   #36
piratelife

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
haaaaay PEOPLE!

i'm gonna be the PIMP owner of a 325CI pretty soon (pretty sure) and i just wanted to see why you people decided to buy your BMW as opposed to all the other cars out there in the market...

PERSUADE ME...

cause i'm just thinking about the reliability factor...and i read on another forum or thread about people treating you different and all that...and i just don't want to encounter hella problems (hence forking out more money) with the car once i get it...

so any tips or advice on why BMWs are the car to own would be appreciated!

also, i've been looking around for used a used 325CI (Donald Trump rejected my letter about adopting me) and i've seen like every possible imaginable color...black, white, gray, gray-green, blue...and so i just wanted to see what color is a TOTAL GUY-MAGNET, jk! but, what color do you think would look good for a girl!?! of course i'm gonna take into consideration how the engine runs and the options of the car and all...but any feedback on colors that are easy to take care of, look especially good once i fix it up, etc...

thanks!
I was in the market for a new car and drove about 15 different cars. I drove everything from the 350z to the 230/320 mercedes. I dorve the 3 last and the rest is history. IMO it outperformed all other cars in that price range. The car has a feel that the others did not. I enjoy driving and I like to drive fast, so it made sense to go with the 3.
piratelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:58 AM   #37
wrickem

My Ride: 04 M3/04 X3
I was goaded into it because by boyfriend just got his boy-toy one. I still miss my Acura type-s even though i love my M3
wrickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #38
NetFixer

My Ride: 2005 AW M3
Respect!

I bought my BMW for RESPECT! haha. Crappy quality though...on my 3rd transmission, coils replace, computer reprogrammed, oxygen sensor replaced, rattles, but I still love it.
NetFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:56 PM   #39
kevmo

My Ride: vDubDizzle
Send a message via AIM to kevmo
3rd tranny? WTF?

kevmo is offline   Reply With Quote