E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #61
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Michael, you coming to the SE-R convention this year in Austin (DE at TWS)?

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:26 AM   #62
EvanL

My Ride: 05 MB/Alcantara M3
Send a message via AIM to EvanL
DE Instructor here...most all of my experience is on road courses, but I've done two Autocrosses now, and I've had a blast so far. Attached are a few pictures. The first is my going over the old "Alpha-zero" (before they widened the exit) at Heartland Park. Also a pic from an autocross I did last fall.

My apologies if the pictures are huge...I don't know if they'll automatically shrink down or not. Hell, you can go to this directory if you want to see some more pictures and a couple of videos.

By the way, the autocross was on Yoko ES-100s.

2005 MysticBlau/M-Alcantara M3
EvanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:50 AM   #63
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanL
DE Instructor here...most all of my experience is on road courses, but I've done two Autocrosses now, and I've had a blast so far. Attached are a few pictures. The first is my going over the old "Alpha-zero" (before they widened the exit) at Heartland Park. Also a pic from an autocross I did last fall.

My apologies if the pictures are huge...I don't know if they'll automatically shrink down or not. Hell, you can go to this directory if you want to see some more pictures and a couple of videos.

By the way, the autocross was on Yoko ES-100s.
Did you go to the October PCA DE at GIR?
Or the last(november?) SCCA event at GIR
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:58 AM   #64
EvanL

My Ride: 05 MB/Alcantara M3
Send a message via AIM to EvanL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
Did you go to the October PCA DE at GIR?
Or the last(november?) SCCA event at GIR
Nope; I'm not really a fan of Gateway, so I haven't gone there in a while. I tend to frequent HPT (probably 4-5 times a year)...I know damn near everyone in the Kansas City DE community, so I tend to gravitate to that area a lot more.

I was very happy to make it out to Mid-Ohio last year. That track is really a blast, and hopefully I'll be able to make it to the CCA event at VIR this March.

2005 MysticBlau/M-Alcantara M3
EvanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #65
Michael-Dallas

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to Michael-Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31
Michael, you coming to the SE-R convention this year in Austin (DE at TWS)?
Hey Geo, nice to see a fellow SR20 guy here! As much as the abundance of concrete scares me at TWS (and reading about the rashes of crashes w/ the Driver's Edge DE's last year), I don't think I'll can do much damage w/ the SE-R. I'm still thinking about it as the SE-R is -bone stock- down to the pads and fluids. Not to mention, I think I have a very slow PS leak.

You and that other old fart Bruce need to come up to MSR.

Michael.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:45 PM   #66
Racer2B

My Ride: -
Been prepping, fabricating/designing stuff on the toy for the past year, did some testing, hoping to further develop it this year and maybe get enough free time/money together to race it once i'm happy with its performance.

(and race fsae if you want to count that hehe)

Racer2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #67
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael-Dallas
Hey Geo, nice to see a fellow SR20 guy here! As much as the abundance of concrete scares me at TWS (and reading about the rashes of crashes w/ the Driver's Edge DE's last year), I don't think I'll can do much damage w/ the SE-R. I'm still thinking about it as the SE-R is -bone stock- down to the pads and fluids. Not to mention, I think I have a very slow PS leak.

You and that other old fart Bruce need to come up to MSR.

Michael.
You'll be fine with a stock SE-R as long as everything is up to snuff. I'm going to try to get my 944 done - at least done enough to bring it out. It's going to be a mad dash.

Not sure about MSR. We came up to a couple of NASA events that Grover ran, but his car is in pieces being converted to EP. I enjoyed MSR at the 2000 SE-R convention. I haven't driven it since though. I had the opportunity to drive at one of Grover's NASA events, but I just wanted to crew that day.

I'd love to get back there and am sure I'll get around to it.

Last time I was there they were starting on a new course. What has become of that?

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:03 PM   #68
Michael-Dallas

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to Michael-Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31
I'd love to get back there and am sure I'll get around to it.
Well, whenever you or Bruce are ever up in our neck of the woods and want a "private" test/tune day, then let me know.

Quote:
Last time I was there they were starting on a new course. What has become of that?
A rough prototype of the course was carved out earlier this year and Jack sent out an e-mail to all members asking our opinion on track construction type/material (high/low maintenance, concrete/asphalt, etc.) a few months ago. It's moving slowly, but definitely faster than MSR Houston.

I got no doubts MSR is at least in the black considering that Jack's funding the trackside housing development and that's apparently going very well too (phase 1 is sold out).

Michael.