E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AZ NM NV OK TX UT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #41
bigbangtheory

My Ride: Steel Blue 99' 323i
Send a message via Yahoo to bigbangtheory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nics
lol, sure! If you can do things like changing brake fluid and simple stuff like that. I'm getting inspection 2 done at the dealership for 435.00, which I don't think is too bad since Autoscope wanted $375 + tax. But I do want to upgrade my brake pads + rotors, brake fluid and random stuff like that sometime this summer. Lemme know if you can do any of this and any free time. I don't need any of this done NOW, but within a few months. So I won't hog any family time, of course.
I'm doing brakes next weekend mostly likely. Brembos! I will check back w you maybe closer to Summer and see how your brakes are doing.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #42
Nics

My Ride: Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangtheory
I'm doing brakes next weekend mostly likely. Brembos! I will check back w you maybe closer to Summer and see how your brakes are doing.
Sweeeet. Lemme know if you know anything about coolant flushes too, because I think I'm way over due for that.
Nics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #43
bigbangtheory

Quote:
Sweeeet. Lemme know if you know anything about coolant flushes too, because I think I'm way over due for that.
Yes. Been there, done that too. Ironically, one of the few bimmer diys that gets messier if you do it right. Really messy job, as there's just no easy way to catch the fluid as you drain it out of the engine block, in addition to the radiator itself. I would do it twice a year since we such nice, warm summers in Dallas.

Last edited by bigbangtheory; 04-08-2005 at 11:17 AM.
bigbangtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #44
Paul Sloane

My Ride: 2001 330i
I've known Barry Gibb at Nine-Eleven Enterprises for 24 years. Mr. Gibb has worked on my E21, E30, E36 and now the 330i. Mr. Gibb has an MBA from Texas Tech and is an active member of the PCA and BMW CCA so he is not your average BMW technician. Nine-Eleven Enterprises is located in Northwest Dallas, west of I-35 and north of Royal Lane. Mr. Gibb can be reached at 972.241.2002.

Last edited by Paul Sloane; 04-12-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Paul Sloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #45
Nics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sloane
I've known Barry Gibb at Nine-Eleven Enterprises for 24 years. Mr. Gibb has worked on my E21, E30, E36 and now the 330i. Mr. Gibb has an MBA from Texas Tech and is an active member of the PCA and BMW CCA so he is not your average BMW technician. Nine-Eleven Enterprises is located in Northwest Dallas, west of I-35 and north of Royal Lane. Mr. Gibb can be reached at 972.241.2002.
Expensive? He installs aftermarket parts?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:55 AM   #46
Paul Sloane

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Expensive? He installs aftermarket parts?
Mr. Gibb's prices are fair to his customers and his business. As for installing aftermarket parts, I'd suggest you give him a call.
Paul Sloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #47
Nehemiah1

My Ride: 325i
Autobahn is great

Go to Autobahn, they give good service. As for Zig Gardener (customer rep) and Bob Pollo (service tech)
Nehemiah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:44 PM   #48
Nics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemiah1
Go to Autobahn, they give good service. As for Zig Gardener (customer rep) and Bob Pollo (service tech)
I know Autobahn doesn't install aftermarket parts, but the mechanics might as a side job or something.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:14 AM   #49
bigbangtheory

Quote:
Hey Nics, I might have some "free time" in mid-late May after I finish the patio arbor project. Maybe we could do your coolant flush sometime then. I did my brakes last week (what a beatdown), but now the car stops on a dime!

What aftermarket parts are you thinking of installing?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #50
Nics

I was just thinking about upgrading rotors and brake pads. We'll see if I can afford it though.

Me and this dood are gonna try to do a coolant flush and brake fluid flush on my car this weekend, hoohah. It's way overdue for it too since I hadn't touched any of it since I got my car when it was brand new, uhhhh...
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #51
lowviscosity

My Ride: '99 BMW M3 '13 VW CC
w00t

woot did my own sustpenstion swap... I put some BMW sport package springs on the 323i front and rears. Went through half way smoothly first time doing any susp. work on a car.. but i noticed i need to tighten some bolts a little further. I had a little knocking i didn't have before but pretty sure its just a nut on the / <<--- bar that goes like that from the control arm.

1999 BMW ///M3 Cabrio Dakar Yeller II.
2013 VW CC Sport Plus Island Gray

lowviscosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:14 PM   #52
bigbangtheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowviscosity
woot did my own sustpenstion swap... I put some BMW sport package springs on the 323i front and rears. Went through half way smoothly first time doing any susp. work on a car.. but i noticed i need to tighten some bolts a little further. I had a little knocking i didn't have before but pretty sure its just a nut on the / <<--- bar that goes like that from the control arm.
First time working with springs? Still have all your limbs?

Good job bro! Just be sure to re-check your work before you start thrashing on the street. I would hate to lose you in a corner around Dallas. Check everything you loosened/tightened again. And then repeat. Can't be too careful with suspension mods.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:58 AM   #53
JB330ci

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Autobahn Service Center in Plano???

Does NE1 know this place in Plano called Autobahn Service center?
http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonrepo...50000649&code=
NE1 went there before? good? bad? just wondering.
JB330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #54
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Joe Priore

Priore BMW, great service. I need help with my sound system, squeeks and rattling etc. thanx.
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #55
darkmn82

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
No one has posted anything in this area for 3 years! I own a 2000 328Ci, and need some alignment work, as well as a inspection II? Can someone point me to a good mechanic in the Plano/Richardson area that won't try and take me to the bank? Thanks!
darkmn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #56
mosill

My Ride: E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to mosill
Has no one mentioned Stett Performance in Plano. They do a lot of if not all BMW work. Decent prices and great people.

mosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #57
darkmn82

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosill View Post
Has no one mentioned Stett Performance in Plano. They do a lot of if not all BMW work. Decent prices and great people.
Thanks mosill. I'll give them a call.
darkmn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #58
BWrightinDallas

My Ride: 2008 BMW 328i
I came across here while looking for a place that does BMW repair in Dallas and it looks like no one has really posted here in a few years.

I actually use a place called Bimmer Motor Werks which is right off of 35E and Maņana Dr. They seem to do a really good job with my 328i. I have never had a reason to complain and they seem like they always know what they are talking about. Even though my car is a 2008 and it seems to be in the shop more often these days than when it was under warranty, their prices seem pretty cheap compared to BMW of Dallas, which is where I was going previously._nr_
BWrightinDallas is offline   Reply With Quote