E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #241
777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 46
My Ride: E46 Silver 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DensionUSA
email sent
Thanks mate! Got it this morning. Gonna try it later today.

Would I have to disconnect the battery before I unplug the 3 and 6 pin connectors ?

Cheers.
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #242
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
Thanks mate! Got it this morning. Gonna try it later today.

Would I have to disconnect the battery before I unplug the 3 and 6 pin connectors ?

Cheers.
Absolutely - this is the most important step.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:25 PM   #243
777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 46
My Ride: E46 Silver 325ci
Just a suggestion maybe put it into the procedure I was just about to run out and do it without disconnecting the battery....

Thanks again for your rapid response !!! A+
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 AM   #244
777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 46
My Ride: E46 Silver 325ci
Just thought I would let everyone know that the fix that Tom from Dension provided for my alternator whine problem worked !

This product is great!!
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:02 AM   #245
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
Just thought I would let everyone know that the fix that Tom from Dension provided for my alternator whine problem worked !

This product is great!!
Awesome - glad I could help!
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #246
777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 46
My Ride: E46 Silver 325ci
Hey Tom,

Need your help again. The ice>link keeps dropping out back to the radio at random times. Sometimes it'll do it after playing for playing solid for 20 mins but it doesn't seem to play continuous for over 35 mins. The ipod shows the song currently playing. When I hit the mode button it does not find the changer.

I have reset the ipod numerous times and also pulled the fuse/disconnected the battery on the car. I can just pull the ipod out of the dock and plug it back in and it works sometimes. When it does work, the text on the screen showing the artist/song information is not centered but off to the right side of the ipod screen and then it locks up again.

The version number on the top right corner of the screen says 2.06

(Business Radio with tape-no cd)
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #247
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
Hey Tom,

Need your help again. The ice>link keeps dropping out back to the radio at random times. Sometimes it'll do it after playing for playing solid for 20 mins but it doesn't seem to play continuous for over 35 mins. The ipod shows the song currently playing. When I hit the mode button it does not find the changer.

I have reset the ipod numerous times and also pulled the fuse/disconnected the battery on the car. I can just pull the ipod out of the dock and plug it back in and it works sometimes. When it does work, the text on the screen showing the artist/song information is not centered but off to the right side of the ipod screen and then it locks up again.

The version number on the top right corner of the screen says 2.06

(Business Radio with tape-no cd)
I will need to know what type of iPod you are using and it's firmware version.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:39 AM   #248
mr roy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: wales
Posts: 29
My Ride: 320ci
where has the firmware upgrade page gone from the dension install website anyone?
mr roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #249
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roy
where has the firmware upgrade page gone from the dension install website anyone?
Support is being moved from our overseas company directly to the states. Firmware files are given out by our support team on an as-needed basis.

If you are experiencing problems, please contact our technical support team for assistance.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #250
voon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 144
My Ride: E46 330ci Coupe
Hm, how is need defined? Like better support for our various displays, or the CD text beta underscores instead of spaces? I assume the regular updates will be downloadable as usual?
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #251
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
tom when are u having a promo for the e46fanatics ? even free shipping would be cool -
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:38 AM   #252
sjaki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2
My Ride: 316i touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Does anyone know what each of the wires going to the IceLink+ Module perform? - As I said above, the pops/clicks between tracks and quiet spots (O and the ID3 scrolling text when installed) only occurs when the ignition is on - I.e. Powered not engine running so I was thinking that one of the cables might need a better shielding?

Tom - Can you help as I am getting NO SUPPORT from support@dension.com
Tom,
Tricky,
I am experiencing exact the same pops/clicks between tracks.
It's really annoying, especially when using the ID3-tags.
I have dropped the question at Icelink Support in Hungary, no response yet.
Who can help??
sjaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #253
bender
hammer talks like this
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,293
My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLion
I had the same problem with my 02 325Ci (Business CD). I had installed the BMW trunk kit that i bought from Best Buy with no problem. The real pain was running the wire harness to the center console, but that's another story. Anyways, after installing the kit, and powering on the icelink, it was all good, up until the engine was on. There was the annoying alternator whine. After investigating this, i discovered that the icelink wire harness had one of the ground pins in the wrong location which wasn't being connected to the pin on the cd changer harness. I moved the ground pin on the icelink harness to the correct location, and all is well. No hissing noise. Fortunately, i was knowledgable in electronics and i was able to debug this myself. But for those that aren't technically inclined, there should be a post on the dension web site with this fix. Not sure if others are in the same boat and the dension online knowledgebase wasn't helpful at all. Just my 2 cents.
What did you do??!?!?!??!?!?! This would solve my problems!!!
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #254
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by voon
Hm, how is need defined? Like better support for our various displays, or the CD text beta underscores instead of spaces? I assume the regular updates will be downloadable as usual?
Need will be defined as you are experiencing problems with the current ice>Link for US customers, not for feature upgrades until 2.1 is released. Your support will have to be directed to our european offices.

ID3v2 is still in beta at the present time - no support will be given until the files are final.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #255
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
What did you do??!?!?!??!?!?! This would solve my problems!!!
Email me directly and I will email you the Tech Bulletin personally showing the steps needed for pin relocation.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #256
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionsok
tom when are u having a promo for the e46fanatics ? even free shipping would be cool -
Nothing planned at the moment for a Group Buy at this time. Hopefully soon!
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #257
bender
hammer talks like this
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,293
My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
Quote:
Originally Posted by DensionUSA
Email me directly and I will email you the Tech Bulletin personally showing the steps needed for pin relocation.
i just had the pdf emailed to me. it clears up 98% of the noise... but before it was horrible noise, now its just there between songs.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:14 AM   #258
JS330Xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 144
My Ride: 330Xi, Z4 3.0, X5
X5 Business Radio Question

Ok, I'm in the wrong forum, but Tom & company are so responsive here, I figured I'd hijack the thread for a moment.

I have an IceLink Plus in my 330Xi with Nav (yes I have the losing connectivity problem as noted here).

I just installed a new IceLink Plus in my X5. Works fine. I installed the ID3v2 Text Beta on the X5 Icelink. My X5 has a business radio with the IceLink trunk install kit.

The text display only shows up on the instrument panel, the radio itself shows only the CD/Track info. Is this normal? Was hoping to get artist track info on the radio itself as no one else in the vehicle can see the instrument panel text. Is this on the drawing board for the ID3 Final?

Thanks Tom.
JS330Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #259
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS330Xi
Ok, I'm in the wrong forum, but Tom & company are so responsive here, I figured I'd hijack the thread for a moment.

I have an IceLink Plus in my 330Xi with Nav (yes I have the losing connectivity problem as noted here).

I just installed a new IceLink Plus in my X5. Works fine. I installed the ID3v2 Text Beta on the X5 Icelink. My X5 has a business radio with the IceLink trunk install kit.

The text display only shows up on the instrument panel, the radio itself shows only the CD/Track info. Is this normal? Was hoping to get artist track info on the radio itself as no one else in the vehicle can see the instrument panel text. Is this on the drawing board for the ID3 Final?

Thanks Tom.
This is normal - there may be a possibility of showing the text on both displays in the future. We'll see when the files are released as final.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #260
JS330Xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 144
My Ride: 330Xi, Z4 3.0, X5
One more question

Tom,
One other question I forgot to ask. In the X5 when you turn the car off, the Ipod pauses and eventually goes to sleep (becuase I have it set to charge while playing only, otherwise it stays on).

If I yank the ipod out of the cradle at this point, it stays locked/stuck on the Dension screen & the thing is basically useless. I have to put it back in, turn on the ignition to start it playing again, yank it out while its playing, then I get the Ipod menu back.

Have you seen this before (its not a problem in my other car with my other 20Gb ipod, but I have not swapped the ipods to see if the problem follows the ipod or stays with the car, will do that tonight)?
JS330Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use