E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:01 AM   #21
a2theb
Rollin' in the family wagon

My Ride: '03 325iT, '02 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to a2theb
No longer pulling fuses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensionUSA
I have submitted your bug reports to our engineers - they will be working throughout the weekend for a updated firmware for early next week.

Everyone, thanks for your patience through this matter - we are hard at work on a solution, and I will notify the board as soon as it is available.
Now that's what I call customer service. Thanks Tom and Dension!!

FYI - I know longer need to pull fuses. Strange. Now all I do is turn off the radio, undock/redock my iPod and turn back on radio and choose the proper mode and all is good! Downside now is that my cradle snapped off the base. It seems that the shaft you screw the set screw in is fairly weak. I guess I'm gonna have to use some 3M double-stick to mount it on the base. Other than that the ice>Link+ is working great!

'03 325iT - Steel Grey : Stock, Coming soon - M3 bumper, DIY custom ICE install and too many to list...
For now DDEs, corner delete w/ LEDs, AFE, strut bar and tints..
a2theb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 03:36 PM   #22
ex10psi

My Ride: E46
Quote:
I have submitted your bug reports to our engineers - they will be working throughout the weekend for a updated firmware for early next week.

Everyone, thanks for your patience through this matter - we are hard at work on a solution, and I will notify the board as soon as it is available.
Thanks for the update Tom.

I sent you a PM on Wed and an email on Thurs yet I have not heard from you nor Chase and it is Sat. At the moment my icelink is not working at all. Last night while driving home from work, the icelink was dropped again so I pulled the 12 pin connector, did what I usually do and normally it would recognize and work again, but this time the business radio when pushing the mode button does not see the icelink at all. I pulled the fuses next, turned off the radio, pulled the 12pin, etc, etc... and still nothing.

Could either you or Chase give me a call or reply to my emails ASAP? I've listed my contact info in those emails, thank you!

Elson
elsonchoo@hotmail.com
ex10psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #23
jmay87

My Ride: e36,e46,e90
im having the same problem with the ice>link not being recognized occasionally and having to pop the fuses,is there any fix to this yet other than a firmware upgrade

jmay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #24
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
What deck is everyone using? Seems like most ppl with the older blaupunkt are experiencing the problems. please post which deck it is... alpine or blaupunkt, etc
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #25
jchristena

My Ride: 2004 E46 M3
no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
What deck is everyone using? Seems like most ppl with the older blaupunkt are experiencing the problems. please post which deck it is... alpine or blaupunkt, etc

I don't know which deck I have. How do I tell? It is an 04 M3 w/ business CD and HK.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #26
ex10psi

My Ride: E46
I also have exactly what is mentioned here by jchristena...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristena
I don't know which deck I have. How do I tell? It is an 04 M3 w/ business CD and HK.
ex10psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #27
jmay87

My Ride: e36,e46,e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
mine is blaupunkt

jmay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #28
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
newer cars should be Alpine. I have 2002 coupe and its an alpine. It should say the brand on the top label of the deck.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 07:47 PM   #29
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW 540i
We will soon have an update available on our website that will fix the issue of the ice>Link dropping off from the radio when another source is selected or the car is turned off. The update can be found on the support section on our website very shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, we are working hard to make this the best iPod solution. For the time being you can reset the ice>Link by just disconnecting the 12 pin Molex connector and reconnecting it.

Thank you for your patience in this matter, we are hard at work on a fix.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #30
jchristena

Thanks.

Quote:
We will soon have an update available on our website that will fix the issue of the ice>Link dropping off from the radio when another source is selected or the car is turned off. The update can be found on the support section on our website very shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, we are working hard to make this the best iPod solution. For the time being you can reset the ice>Link by just disconnecting the 12 pin Molex connector and reconnecting it.

Thanks Tom. We appreciate you keeping us updated!
Old 12-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #31
a2theb

Quote:

Sweeeet! Thanks Tom! I actually noticed the firmware update last night. I can't wait to give it a shot. The whole disconnect thing is just a minor inconvenience. I've actually kinda gotten used to it.....

'03 325iT - Steel Grey : Stock, Coming soon - M3 bumper, DIY custom ICE install and too many to list...
Old 12-21-2004, 07:56 PM   #32
jchristena

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2theb
Sweeeet! Thanks Tom! I actually noticed the firmware update last night. I can't wait to give it a shot. The whole disconnect thing is just a minor inconvenience. I've actually kinda gotten used to it.....

Well, I tried the firmware update today and all of my problems still exist. Only thing is, I am not certain that this latest version, 2.02, applies to our problem. I read the bug fix history and it looks like only a VW problem was addressed with this release. Tom, can you clarify this?
Old 12-21-2004, 08:01 PM   #33
a2theb

Quote:
Well, I tried the firmware update today and all of my problems still exist. Only thing is, I am not certain that this latest version, 2.02, applies to our problem. I read the bug fix history and it looks like only a VW problem was addressed with this release. Tom, can you clarify this?
Darn. I have that firmware on my iPod ready to update. How'd the update process go? I remember reading on another thread that Tom is testing out a new firmware update to be hopefully released later this week. That one may be specific to BMWs...

Old 12-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #34
mr roy

My Ride: 320ci
2.02 firmware has been out for over a week and dose not fix the problems we are having.
i have noticed another bug when puting the ipod in to the classic iclink set up,i have to push track down on the steering wheel before the up track button will go up a track.when in this mode the ipod lights up when you change track so you can see the screen, tom any chance we can get the ipod to light up when in the dension mode or have a choice to turn on or off in the icelink menu.
this is on my 04 (alpine with mode button)
apart from the miner glitches, this is a good product and i can see only good thing for it in the future.
mr roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 AM   #35
mr roy

My Ride: 320ci
Tom do you think it would be good to start a new thred for the bugs in the icelink plus to give your guy's the heads up ?
mr roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #36
jchristena

I asked the mod to make this a sticky and it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roy
Tom do you think it would be good to start a new thred for the bugs in the icelink plus to give your guy's the heads up ?

that everyones problems are already listed in this thread. I vote we keep this one alive as long as it is a sticky.

The update process went perfectly...only took a few minutes. I could not get the "Configure the Head Unit" process to work at all...

http://install.dension.com/installil2.html
Old 12-22-2004, 11:12 AM   #37
jchristena

Does your IPOD lock when docked?

In other words, should you still have control of the IPOD UI when docked or should control only be available through the car?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:27 PM   #38
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roy
Shouldn't be a worry - we already have the new firmware here and testing as we speak. Everything is working great so far.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:26 PM   #39
jchristena

So, were you able to duplicate all of the problems

Quote:
Shouldn't be a worry - we already have the new firmware here and testing as we speak. Everything is working great so far.
reported here in your test lab?
Old 12-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #40
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
reported here in your test lab?
Everything was confirmed working in our parent company in Hungary. As an extra precaution, we test here in the states as well.

So far - our Bench radio has been playing since Monday straight with no problems