E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 09:05 AM   #1
jchristena
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 113
My Ride: 2004 E46 M3
Ice>Link Plus install on 04 M3.

I am going to install the trunk mount kit tomorrow. Obviously that means running a line from the back of the car where the CD changer interface is located, to the front of the car. Could someone give me some tips of running this line? What do I need to remove? The mount will be located on the dashboard, on the right side of the dash. Where should I route the IPOD end of the cable so it is out of the way and somewhat hidden? Behind the glove box? Just wanted to hear from the experts before I tear my car apart . Thanks.
__________________
jchristena is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristena
I am going to install the trunk mount kit tomorrow. Obviously that means running a line from the back of the car where the CD changer interface is located, to the front of the car. Could someone give me some tips of running this line? What do I need to remove? The mount will be located on the dashboard, on the right side of the dash. Where should I route the IPOD end of the cable so it is out of the way and somewhat hidden? Behind the glove box? Just wanted to hear from the experts before I tear my car apart . Thanks.
Easy to do:

Run cabling through wiring grommet in the backseat on Driver's Side corner (next to C pillars). You will see this as the side bolsters of the rear seat are removed.

Remove Backseat bottom - route wiring

Route wiring alongside of carpet/driver's side door sill until you are midway by the driver's seat controls. there is a split in the carpeting.

Run wiring underneath the D/S seat to the center console.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
jchristena
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 113
My Ride: 2004 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DensionUSA
Easy to do:

Run cabling through wiring grommet in the backseat on Driver's Side corner (next to C pillars). You will see this as the side bolsters of the rear seat are removed.

Remove Backseat bottom - route wiring

Route wiring alongside of carpet/driver's side door sill until you are midway by the driver's seat controls. there is a split in the carpeting.

Run wiring underneath the D/S seat to the center console.

Hi Tom. Actually, this is the dash mount kit. So, instead of the center console, my destination is the dash...
__________________
jchristena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #4
DensionUSA
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Signal Hill, CA
Posts: 840
My Ride: BMW 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristena
Hi Tom. Actually, this is the dash mount kit. So, instead of the center console, my destination is the dash...
jchristena,

I just sent you pictures of an installation we performed in a MY2003 M3 in email. Let me know if you have any addiditonal questions.
DensionUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use