E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #141
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisoCrew View Post
You can check out the gay marriage thread and see for yourself that there isn't one rational argument against gay marriage. It's religious or simple personal bigotry.
Well, there was an argument put forth in that thread that prohibiting gay marriage would be an attempt to reduce the amount of anal sex performed in this country. While I wouldn't call that particular argument religious or simple bigotry, I would harldy call it a cornerstone of rational thought.

Other than that one argument, Niso is quite correct.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #142
CAG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 50
My Ride: e46 M3 Cabrio & 323i
There is no solution for the problems of gay marriage...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I'm not intelligent enough to understand satire.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:20 AM   #143
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
There is no solution for the problems of gay marriage...
So there is no solution for inequality under the law?


How about equality under the law.

Gay marriage isn't a problem. Its people preventing gay marriage that is the problem.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #144
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
There is no solution for the problems of gay marriage...
What problems are those?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #145
NisoCrew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 573
My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Well, there was an argument put forth in that thread that prohibiting gay marriage would be an attempt to reduce the amount of anal sex performed in this country. While I wouldn't call that particular argument religious or simple bigotry, I would harldy call it a cornerstone of rational thought.

Other than that one argument, Niso is quite correct.
Touche, salesman. I forgot about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
There is no solution for the problems of gay marriage...
Those are the same problems that come along with heterosexual marriage, right? Infidelity, boredom, domestic violence, divorce...etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
What problems are those?
I have the same question.
__________________


"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #146
NisoCrew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 573
My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Get ready for some historical inaccuracies and straw-man arguments...


__________________


"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver

Last edited by NisoCrew; 12-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #147
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,896
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
You guys are cross-pollinating threads.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #148
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
The "Heathens Greetings" billboard is awesome.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #149
NisoCrew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 573
My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
The "Heathens Greetings" billboard is awesome.
I know. I wish that I had seen that for the fight the heathens comment on the other thread.
__________________


"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #150
bmwti
yuppie racing
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,959
My Ride: 2008 335i coupe
holiday time again.
__________________
bmwti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #151
faelar
Big Pimpin'
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
holiday time again.
Religion sucks, bah hum bug.
__________________
Billet PT6765, ProEFI, SAAD Racing, 805 WHP 692 WTQ


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #152
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
holiday time again.
Not even close. The Super Bowl isn't until Feb and Sid Vicious' B-Day isn't until May. Those are the only two holidays that exist.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #153
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Not even close. The Super Bowl isn't until Feb and Sid Vicious' B-Day isn't until May. Those are the only two holidays that exist.
ah yes the superbowl....bunch of raging lunatics in tights bending over looking like they are about to get fvcked , tackling each other for a ball they THROW instead of kicking , and still call it football .....nothing screams holiday more than that. oh yes maybe the 210894093481023498-0231984-1239048 commercial in a matter of minute they manage to squeeze in. i'll stick to enjoying christmas
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #154
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,391
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
holiday time again.
yay!

I have christmas music in my office. Don't like it? Too bad. We also, for some reason, got a christmas tree stand, but no christmas tree. So we have a stick with stocking tied to it in the stand instead. That and the small brass rotating musical tree shaped thing we got that is now covered with ohio state ornaments.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #155
NisoCrew
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 573
My Ride: 08 AW M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to NisoCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
yay!

I have christmas music in my office. Don't like it? Too bad.
Lol, that's the spirit. For some reason, I get the image of Milton in 'Office Space' babbling about how he's allowed to listen to the radio at a reasonable volume. I now have a face to go with your screen name. Sweet!
__________________


"The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up building their own cars and just make M3's instead".

--Car and Driver
NisoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #156
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,391
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by NisoCrew View Post
Lol, that's the spirit. For some reason, I get the image of Milton in 'Office Space' babbling about how he's allowed to listen to the radio at a reasonable volume. I now have a face to go with your screen name. Sweet!
no, it's not because office policy allows it, it's more because I outrank everyone else in my office

I usually have to tell my XO to turn his music, down. When I can hear waylon jennings through my wall, the country is too loud.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #157
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
I helped with the Christmas tree at work. I also helped with the holiday lunch-in by greeting people along with the Executive VP. Unfortunately, a few of our Jewish employees were not happy that a Kosher meal option was not provided.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #158
dniper71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 46
My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
ah yes the superbowl....bunch of raging lunatics in tights bending over looking like they are about to get fvcked
Very interesting analysis. If Dr. Freud was still around, your interpretation would serve as a good example of the subconscious projecting strongly repressed and bottled-up homosexual desires that seem to manifest during the oddest times, such as when thinking about something as simple as football. God bless and Merry Christmas.
__________________
** Having a single animated non-BMW image in your sig it not allowed - Tim330i **
dniper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #159
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
Very interesting analysis. If Dr. Freud was still around, your interpretation would serve as a good example of the subconscious projecting strongly repressed and bottled-up homosexual desires that seem to manifest during the oddest times, such as when thinking about something as simple as football. God bless and Merry Christmas.
hahahaha
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #160
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniper71 View Post
Very interesting analysis. If Dr. Freud was still around, your interpretation would serve as a good example of the subconscious projecting strongly repressed and bottled-up homosexual desires that seem to manifest during the oddest times, such as when thinking about something as simple as football. God bless and Merry Christmas.

fvck you too... merry christmas
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use