E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Bmw Williamsf1 Team Kick Start 2005

BMW WILLIAMSF1 TEAM KICK START 2005 SEASON IN BAHRAIN
01/07/2005

BMW WilliamsF1 Team Kick Start 2005 season in Bahrain.
Bahrain. The BMW WilliamsF1 Team started its 2005 season campaign early this year, launching its livery and 2005 driver line-up evaluations and a host of new commercial alliances in Bahrain today.

At a press conference at the Bahrain International Circuit, the team confirmed that Antonio Pizzonia (24, Brazil) and Nick Heidfeld (27, Germany) would continue their evaluations over the course of three tests in Spain during January before a decision is finally taken on the identity of the team's second race driver. The successful candidate will be presented at the team's car launch on January 31, 2005 in Valencia.

Over the past three days, the team has also consolidated its commercial position with four new sponsorship agreements confirmed. RBS join the team as a major partner, while Oris, the premium Swiss watch manufacturer, confirmed that they have moved from an official partner to a full sponsor, conferring on-car branding rights. Gore, formerly team promotional partner and new partner, Dräxlmaier, have joined the team as official suppliers.

The new team livery was unveiled at the Bahrain International Circuit yesterday, and today Mark Webber, Nick Heidfeld & Antonio Pizzonia entertained spectators from across the region to a demonstration of Formula One, the BMW Speed Challenge handicap race and road car demonstrations in the new BMW M5.

Mark Webber said, "Apart from having enjoyed the last two action packed days here in Bahrain a lot, I am the happiest man in the world to be a member of the BMW WilliamsF1 Team. I am already very pleased with the work that has been done during pre-Christmas testing. Everybody in the team is working night and day because we want to win. Apart from the test sessions, preparation work for the launch of the FW27 at the end of the month is running flat out."

Reflecting on the three tests scheduled to determine the identity of the team's second driver, Antonio Pizzonia said, "For sure, I want to race in 2005. The evaluation at the tests is fine, tough competition is just a natural part of Formula One. This month is going to become the most important of my career. If I don't get the second race seat, I will give the team every support to win races again as a test driver."

His rival Nick Heidfeld said, "Appearing in full team gear for the very first time has been really cool. I am very happy to be part of the team. Fighting for the second race seat is the biggest chance I have ever had in my career. Whether at a test or in the factory, being with the BMW WilliamsF1 Team is a complete change to what I'm used to. I am impressed by the professionalism, the resources and the determination of the crew. I had a warm welcome and felt immediately at home."
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.