E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #61
E46007

My Ride: 01 330ci hellrot red
Umm... is this on your site yet?, when will it be on the site?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:05 PM   #62
HDClown

My Ride: 2002 M5
So what makes these "Generic"? No one seems to want to explain the difference in all these new enhanced cheapie kits that are going to be coming out and the Wheelpower Phosphyre Halos Enhanced V2 kit that's still $290.

In the cheaper kit, are the rings not as bright, is the enhanced portion not as thick and OEM looking, is the warranty different? What's the deal?

Or is it simply these cheaper kits have some china made parts that are "lower quality" perhaps, or just so massed produced the cost is cheaper.

Why would someone continue to spend $300 on the Wheelpower kit if a $90 or $150 kit is going to look as good, have full harness, and be just as bright?

What's the bottom line here
HDClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #63
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDClown
In the cheaper kit, are the rings not as bright, is the enhanced portion not as thick and OEM looking, is the warranty different? What's the deal?
Or is it simply these cheaper kits have some china made parts that are "lower quality" perhaps, or just so massed produced the cost is cheaper.
Actually, all of the above. These ones have less sophisticated clips, no connectors for the harness --> ballasts (you can use butt connectors or solder), the warranty isn't free parts or lifetime - you pay $10 per part for the first year, $30 after that. The enhanced upgrades are thinner, less OEM looking. The harness may require running one of the wires out of the sheathing, whereas that is already done for you on the phosphyre halos harness. They are mass produced and cost us much much less because they aren't name brand. Ever bougth Absolut vodka? Expensive and nice, right? Ever bought Pavlov? Still get's you drunk at the end of the day, just doesn't necessarily taste as good How's that for an analogy

I'd say they're about as bright as Phosphyre halos, give or take 5%. I haven't really done a side-by-side, no time

JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #64
HDClown

My Ride: 2002 M5
So for $190 extra dollars you get:

-Thicker enhanced ring
-Better mounting clip - can't say how much better without pictures
-Lifetime warranty
-More complete wiring harness

Depending on the installer, some of those are trivial items not worth cash, namely wiring harness and possibly mounting clips. A lifetime warranty and thicker enhanced rings are actual feasble items you can see benefits from (thicker ring) and get benefits from (lifetime warranty) if you have issues with product.

So now it seems these newer generic kits are going to have 1 step up on Wheelpower in 1 aspect, and that's the opaque backings. Sure it's easy as pie to get some foil tape and cut it to fit your rings, but having it come that way is a little nicer. Is the Wheelpower kit going to get updated to have this feature?

Is there going to be a time when the generic kits have ALL the features of the Wheelpower kit? Or all of them except the lifetime warranty perhaps? Most people would spend $100 and potentially have to buy the kit 3x total in the life of their car (assuming they had rings or ballast go bad, etc), then spend $300 at once just to have a lifetime warranty they might not ever have to use.

Seems like the CCFL Angel Eyes/DDE market changes every few weeks now, impossible to always keep up.
HDClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:40 AM   #65
E46mtech
MMM Power

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 & Cadi SRX
confusing....

HDclown...................Well said..
Old 01-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #66
phita23

My Ride: 325i
So when does more info come out on the price drop + free remote kit?
phita23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #67
kevmo

My Ride: vDubDizzle
Send a message via AIM to kevmo
are u going to put a link on here when they are available?

kevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #68
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

The DDE Kits we are selling now are a pre-cursor to DDE Lightning Titanium Edition, as far as I know that's what it will be renamed.
It will have many new features, including heating and a true reflective backing.
Anyone who buys our premium kits now will have the benefit to upgrade to TE for much less. Anyone who buys the $90 kits will have to pay full price for the heating feature if they want it.

Bottom line is that NO, generic kits will never keep up. Why? Our suppliers on DDE Lightning Titanium Edition have patented the heating technology, which will permanently eliminate cold starts, in every country that has the tools of production necessary to make these rings. Sorry Taiwan. Sorry Japan. Sorry China. If you don't mind waiting 30 seconds for your halos to fire up to full brightness, then no worries. But I think the heating feature is a justification of the price point that TE will be set at. More to come next month on that
Old 01-26-2005, 04:54 PM   #69
RalphzMCS

My Ride: evo
Send a message via AIM to RalphzMCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevi
...Ever bougth Absolut vodka? Expensive and nice, right? Ever bought Pavlov? Still get's you drunk at the end of the day, just doesn't necessarily taste as good How's that for an analogy

JL
good explanation!
RalphzMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #70
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

I knew you'd all love that one
Old 01-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #71
kevmo

hey is there a date when these will be avaiable jl?

Old 01-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #72
bms32502

My Ride: 325ci
Send a message via AIM to bms32502
Anyone have a set of the $90 dollar ones brand new, still in the box that they didn't install... that they wanna sell because they wants these?
PM me.... I might be interested in buying them.

They must be un-installed and brand new. I'm not lookin to buy used ones, sorry.
And make sure you hit me with a price.... of coarse i'll be going with the lowest mark.
bms32502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:20 PM   #73
phita23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms32502
Anyone have a set of the $90 dollar ones brand new, still in the box that they didn't install... that they wanna sell because they wants these?
PM me.... I might be interested in buying them.

They must be un-installed and brand new. I'm not lookin to buy used ones, sorry.
And make sure you hit me with a price.... of coarse i'll be going with the lowest mark.
Good idea. I'm equally as interested. Shoot me a pm too if you're looking to sell your unopened $90 DDEs.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:58 PM   #74
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

That's a good idea
After you guys get it all sorted out, I'll match whatever the going rate is for them - I just want to make sure that those who bought from me have a chance to sell them off too.

Rumor has it I have another 12 sets coming next week
Old 01-27-2005, 12:58 AM   #75
Cobra

My Ride: '00 328i & '06 R6S
i was gonna buy leistung's kit, but i think i'll hold off and wait for this
Old 01-27-2005, 09:31 AM   #76
phita23

What will the cheapest DDEs that you offer be priced at? When will this be availible?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #77
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

We'll offer te regular (non-enhanced) $149 DDE for about... $90, but you'll get something free with every purchase...This will ONLY be for E46Fanatics. We'll have like 2 or 3 of them lying around here after next week.

Go ahead and check our website tomorrow night or saturday - we should have another 12 sets of the new Enhanced DDEs coming in, and a large shipment of heat-proof harnesses

Thanks
JL
Old 01-27-2005, 06:43 PM   #78
kevmo

it's nto thsi one is it?

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMER...ead144a44d586c

Old 01-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #79
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Nope.
I'm having an employee pick them up in an hour they should be ready to order by tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #80
yayopwr

My Ride: yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevi
We'll offer te regular (non-enhanced) $149 DDE for about... $90, but you'll get something free with every purchase...This will ONLY be for E46Fanatics. We'll have like 2 or 3 of them lying around here after next week.

Go ahead and check our website tomorrow night or saturday - we should have another 12 sets of the new Enhanced DDEs coming in, and a large shipment of heat-proof harnesses

Thanks
JL
So wait, whatever is stated in your first post isn't gonna happen?
$90-Enhanced- entire kit- w/ remote?
At this point i don't even care.....hahahha just tell me when i'll be able to order
the only reason i'm not getting the more expensive ones is they're too blue and theres no sense in spending more money on something i think looks more gay
yayopwr is offline   Reply With Quote