E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #21
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

My Ride: 00 iT (SOLD)
[QUOTE=Infinitas]
2) The act of compressing air, will heat it up. The position of the intake filter, will not change this. The intercooled kits are more expensive, which is why we are offering a non-intercooled version at a great price for those who do not wish to spend $6,000 on a supercharger. There are plenty of other non-intercooled superchargers out there as well, who are charging a lot more money.

I love to see it has a short-ram intake instead of CAI like most others (or even SK1, SKII) ... don't need hydro-shock -- but I wish it came with a heat shield.
Wagon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:39 PM   #22
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Supercharged BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon Man
Absolutely interesetd in it. I'm not looking for hot rod but my 323iT surely can use more juice .. and the price point seems to fit my budget just fine ... wow, am excited. Questions:

* your web site considered 323 as 2.3L, but my 323 (M52TU) is surely 2.5L, so what gains should I expect from SK+, at the wheels ,not at crank? Any actual dyno sheet for this engine?

* Does it come with software? and is it possible to add an IC as an option?

* Who will run the GB? Infinitas in Germany? or here? Do we just sign up here on this board?

* is the GB Price as "shipped" / "delivered" in the U.S.?

* You do expect this a DIY? If so, how many man hrs would you estimate for a novice?

Pls advise. ... I may need to rethink my plan in getting a chip and euro clear ...
Wagon man: There is no software required for this kit. An intercooler is not possible, since the plumbing is different. However, we are planning on offering an aftercooler in a few months for extra power. The GB will be run through our US distributor, shipping is extra. It is possible to install this in 5-6 hours.
Infinitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 PM   #23
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherside
so big question....if I have a STEP 03' 325CI and Im interested in getting a full system that is not really hindered by finances but more by the assurance that everything is within tolerance..meaning amount of boost towards the tranny... proper cooling and usabiliity in a daily driver....

what do you recomend I do?

get your skI or II and thats it? Ive heard about the need for tranny software for steptronics... tranny reinforcement??

Im worried about that...just want the SC to not destroy the car...

whats your opinion in this case?
For the 325 STEP, we recommend only SK1.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #24
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitas
Wagon man: There is no software required for this kit. An intercooler is not possible, since the plumbing is different. However, we are planning on offering an aftercooler in a few months for extra power. The GB will be run through our US distributor, shipping is extra. It is possible to install this in 5-6 hours.
* Who & where is your distributor in the U.S.? i.e. How much is shipping?

* Can you provide more info on SK+ in a M52TU ? What gains should we expect?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #25
Synonymous

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
Oh man, I am sooo tempted. C'mon guys, let's get 20+ buyers
Old 02-11-2005, 05:11 AM   #26
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
* Who & where is your distributor in the U.S.? i.e. How much is shipping?

* Can you provide more info on SK+ in a M52TU ? What gains should we expect?
Infinitas USA is our importer (otherwise known as Rennsport). Shipping should be about $40-$60 depending on your location in the US or Canada.

Please see the attached dyno sheet. We have regularly registered slightly over 300HP on the 3.0L engine with this kit due to the high efficiency of our new TMIII compressor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skplus_dyno.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	110878  
Old 02-11-2005, 05:26 AM   #27
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
Infinitas USA is our importer (otherwise known as Rennsport). Shipping should be about $40-$60 depending on your location in the US or Canada.

Please see the attached dyno sheet. We have regularly registered slightly over 300HP on the 3.0L engine with this kit due to the high efficiency of our new TMIII compressor.
Questions:

1. Rennsport: so they'll do retail on this one?

2. It is a Z4 (3.0L?) dyno, impressive but I won't get 300hp from my 323, hence meaningless to me. So can you get us a dyno from a M52TU ?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:32 AM   #28
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Questions:

1. Rennsport: so they'll do retail on this one?

2. It is a Z4 (3.0L?) dyno, impressive but I won't get 300hp from my 323, hence meaningless to me. So can you get us a dyno from a M52TU ?
1) For GroupBuys, yes.

2) Unfortunately, we only have actual dyno graphs for the 3.0Ls. However, we have other customers in Europe who have registered roughly the same % gains across the 2.5L engine.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:43 AM   #29
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
1) For GroupBuys, yes.

2) Unfortunately, we only have actual dyno graphs for the 3.0Ls. However, we have other customers in Europe who have registered roughly the same % gains across the 2.5L engine.
Tks for the prompt reply. I browse your web site some more, noted the kit is rated at 210HP, is this extrapolated / calculated at crank? or on the wheels?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:47 AM   #30
KELKIN

My Ride: 330ci sport
ca-automotive is i believe your uk importer,can this gb be offered through them? if not an explanation would be appreciated.

Last edited by KELKIN; 02-11-2005 at 06:03 AM.
KELKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:59 AM   #31
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherside
2: also, dont you think the air inside the engine compartment is going to be hot hence that intake is not really possitioned correctly?
Even your CF intake (whatever name it is called) can use one bumper-mod like this:

Old 02-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #32
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Man and your only 130 miles away from me.. hmm..
Old 02-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #33
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Any discounts on your other kits?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #34
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELKIN
ca-automotive is i believe your uk importer,can this gb be offered through them? if not an explanation would be appreciated.
Shouldn't be a problem, I will check and confirm.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #35
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ACS330Ci
Any discounts on your other kits?
Not at this time.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #36
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Quote:
Not at this time.
That's too bad ... I might have been interested
Old 02-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #37
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
I browse your web site some more, noted the kit is rated at 210HP, is this extrapolated / calculated at crank? or on the wheels?
For my puny 323iT, I gathered that 210 HP is at crank ... now I'm not sure should I invest on a more expensive SK1 rather ... since 210HP is just roughly 180 HP on the wheels (?.... I can be wrong..). But .. ouch ...
Old 02-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #38
Alex
Mom says I'm a catch

My Ride: E46
Send a message via MSN to Alex
Quote:
For my puny 323iT, I gathered that 210 HP is at crank ... now I'm not sure should I invest on a more expensive SK1 rather ... since 210HP is just roughly 180 HP on the wheels (?.... I can be wrong..). But .. ouch ...
If that's the case, doesn't make much sense to me to go with this kit. I would definitely HAVE to cough up the extra $3000 or so for an SK2.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #39
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by interalejo
If that's the case, doesn't make much sense to me to go with this kit. I would definitely HAVE to cough up the extra $3000 or so for an SK2.
My estimation is based on 15% loss... may be oon the high side? But even based on a more optimistic 10% loss, it's still < 190 HP at the wheels .... unless their spec is on the conservative side ....

I hate this number game
Old 02-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #40
peppernick

My Ride: MB CLK350
Speaking from personal experience with the first SK+ powered 330 in the UK, you can't beat the performance gain with any other mod/mods around similar money. Total reliability and consistency. I've experienced other S/C set-ups and I can vouch that even the SK+ puts a few of those with intercoolers and alcohol injection to shame.

Installation is a breeze and definitely DIY do-able.

Actual dyno figures are good for objective comparisons, but I would rather rely on my butt dyno. The SK+ will definitely put the smile on your face, for the cost that won't break your bank account. The SK+ has revolutionized supercharging and has made forced induction a lot more accessible to tuners, in terms of cost, ease of installation, total reliability and actual performance gain in everyday driving

peppernick is offline   Reply With Quote