E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #61
ct323i

My Ride: pushing 235k miles!!
Send a message via AIM to ct323i
i might be interested in this in a few months!

"ct323i: breaking new suspension equipment since 2007"
ct323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #62
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Supercharged BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon Man
Good to hear that ... now, pls can reconfirm that these numbers for 323 are "calculated" / extrapolated? or dyno data ?
These numbers are calculated, dyno access is limited for our customers with the 323/325 kits, however, based on the performance gain between the cars for SK1, it is very conservative to calculate the abovementioned figures from the 306PS we dynoed on our 3.0L cars.
Infinitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #63
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstazzwhip
How wll this kit work on a 330 step with headers/cats and cams

and how would it work with a 330 step with just headers/cats
Shouldn't be a problem. With 5psi and those modifications, the STEP should be able handle the torque output.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #64
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherside
1: does The SK1 have the same gorgous intake system the lower sk+ system have?

2: if not, is it worth it to wait for the intercooler upgrade which should come with pullies for the higher PSI scine this system is newly designed?

3: lastly...the only thing that bothers me is no software availability...doesnt the car have to be optimized for sure a bolt on upgrade?

AA has software...does these have that option to really dial in the correct tuning?
1) No, different intake pipe.

2) I cannot say, this is up to the individual. The aftercooler will be upgradeable from the standard SK+, so it is not necessary to wait.

3) BMW software is very good for adapting to modifications. We have been running standard software on our cars for a very long time, with great performance and reliability. The SK+ runs less boost, so the stock ECU is fine with this. But you might want to contact www.technikpower.com for their supercharger ECU, this should work to improve performance.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #65
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris6957
I am VERY intersted. So how do we get in on this GB? Anyone else out there interested?

Since I, like Wagon Man, have a 323 (2.5l) I would also like to know how the hp figures for the 323 are derived, ie dyno, calculated, etc.
To be added to the list, please send an email to: groupbuy@infinitas-gmbh.de
Old 02-14-2005, 02:03 PM   #66
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBoogie
i am DEFINITELY interested in this kit for the near future. one question is there an air bypass valve included? also are you guys able to modify your piggyback system to be optimized for a bov setup (since you guys have the knowledge and experience and are better off modifying the piggyback than me )
A recirculating valve is included in the kit. We do not recommend BOVs for superchargers.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #67
Yellowmann
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?

My Ride: AA SC Y2K 323i
Send a message via AIM to Yellowmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitas
1) No, different intake pipe.

2) I cannot say, this is up to the individual. The aftercooler will be upgradeable from the standard SK+, so it is not necessary to wait.

3) BMW software is very good for adapting to modifications. We have been running standard software on our cars for a very long time, with great performance and reliability. The SK+ runs less boost, so the stock ECU is fine with this. But you might want to contact www.technikpower.com for their supercharger ECU, this should work to improve performance.
2) If the intercooler is able to be added later...about what price range would it be?

Once A Yellowmann, Always A Yellowmann ...One Who Is Wise - Always Learn From Other People's Mistakes ...One Who Thinks That They Can Never Be Successful - Will Never Be Successful ...First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again ...
Yellowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #68
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
A recirculating valve is included in the kit. We do not recommend BOVs for superchargers.
Correction: RBV only in SK1 and SK2, SK+ does not require a RBV.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #69
bm2u

My Ride: 2004 330i zhp
can this be installed in a zhp. since they have different cams, and
ecu. and what are the hp gains at the crank zhp's come with 235hp.
bm2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #70
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
Let me ask, would it be wiser to just get an sk1, instead of an sk+ now with the additional intercooler later? would I basically see the same gains as a sk1 after I upgrade it? or are these systems just very very different?

what is that RVB thats missing in this setup? is it part of the intercooler?

so once the intercooler is on will you send different pullies to take it to sk1 level?

I know this sounds funny but I really like the way that CAI looks as well... system looks recently designed and advanced... I wouldnt want to get last years model if you know what i mean... but only if the SK+ is upgradable to SK1 level of course...if its a inferior unit then no way... Ill just get the SK1
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #71
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm2u
can this be installed in a zhp. since they have different cams, and
ecu. and what are the hp gains at the crank zhp's come with 235hp.
Yes, ZHPs fit as well. Gains are probably a little higher than a standard 330.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #72
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Let me ask, would it be wiser to just get an sk1, instead of an sk+ now with the additional intercooler later? would I basically see the same gains as a sk1 after I upgrade it? or are these systems just very very different?

what is that RVB thats missing in this setup? is it part of the intercooler?

so once the intercooler is on will you send different pullies to take it to sk1 level?

I know this sounds funny but I really like the way that CAI looks as well... system looks recently designed and advanced... I wouldnt want to get last years model if you know what i mean... but only if the SK+ is upgradable to SK1 level of course...if its a inferior unit then no way... Ill just get the SK1
SK+ and SK1 are very different (even with aftercooler). We designed this kit for people that do not want to spend a lot of money for a SC, but want to make a nice increase in power over other modifications like exhaust, chip, intake, etc. SK+ cannot make as much power as SK1, even with smaller pulley and aftercooler. The dynamics of both systems are different. SK+ is more for people who will not upgrade later on. If you do plan to upgrade, then I suggest getting the intercooled kits off the bat. The price difference will be small and you'll make more power w/ a nice front mount intercooler and 6.5/8.0 psi of boost.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:20 PM   #73
er330ci

[QUOTE=Infinitas]

As a newly added sponsor, we would like to offer the E46Fanatics community an introductory group buy on the newly released Infinitas SK+ supercharger kit.

I am waiting on a GB for SK1 or SK2. I believe there's alot of
pple on this board who will support/waitng for this GB to happen.

er330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #74
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by er330ci
Me too
Old 02-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #75
kris6957

My Ride: 2002 330CiC
Quote:
SK+ and SK1 are very different (even with aftercooler). We designed this kit for people that do not want to spend a lot of money for a SC, but want to make a nice increase in power over other modifications like exhaust, chip, intake, etc. SK+ cannot make as much power as SK1, even with smaller pulley and aftercooler. The dynamics of both systems are different. SK+ is more for people who will not upgrade later on. If you do plan to upgrade, then I suggest getting the intercooled kits off the bat. The price difference will be small and you'll make more power w/ a nice front mount intercooler and 6.5/8.0 psi of boost.
I'm intersted in the SK+ because I have a Step and I do not want to push it to the limit. I also don't want to spend another $3000 for a SK1.

QUESTION: You mentioned that the SK+ "is for people who do not want to upgrade". Do you mean upgrade the Supercharger, or upgrade the engine in general? If I wanted to increase the power later on, would not cams and exauhst make a nice upgrade later?

My car is still in warranty, and I could not take it in with the SK on it. I will be installing it myself, as I am good with mechanics.

QUESTION: How long would it take me to take it off if I had to bring my car in for service? Would the BMW mechanics be able to tell I was running a SC?

How long do you plan on running the GB for before we could order?
kris6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #76
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
That sounds great but scince I do not want to hit my step tranny hard I was wondering if the SK+ with a nice intercooler upgrade would suffice to make the ride more fun and not aquire the damgers of running at high PSI with step trannies...Ive heard mixed feelings on the subject, I know Im not an expert and Im just trying to get as informed as possible but its something Im interested to get imediately as soon as I feel confident Im not going to trash my car..lol can you forsee getting the SK+ with the intercooler doing 265 to 270HP? comfortably? scince you claim 235 to 240 for the 325?

Quote:
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #77
Wagon Man
Ultimate Wagon

My Ride: 00 iT (SOLD)
I'm similar to your situtaion (although a 5-speed) I don't need M3 power and I don't have SK1 budget (and other associated "additions".. total could reach ~$10k if doing it "right".. I did do some search on FI board). Gut feeling, SK+ is for me.

anyway, I believe "upgrade" refers to additional or further upgrade to the "SC set up", unlike SK1 or 2, "do it right" can mean additional upgrades such as clutch, header, etc.. Sounds like SK+ has limited "expandability" for people of less power-thristy people... are you one?

Quote:
I'm intersted in the SK+ because I have a Step and I do not want to push it to the limit. I also don't want to spend another $3000 for a SK1.

QUESTION: You mentioned that the SK+ "is for people who do not want to upgrade". Do you mean upgrade the Supercharger, or upgrade the engine in general? If I wanted to increase the power later on, would not cams and exauhst make a nice upgrade later?

Wagon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #78
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

[QUOTE=er330ci]
Quote:

As a newly added sponsor, we would like to offer the E46Fanatics community an introductory group buy on the newly released Infinitas SK+ supercharger kit.

We do not plan to offer this at the moment, only SK+.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #79
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

My car is still in warranty, and I could not take it in with the SK on it. I will be installing it myself, as I am good with mechanics.

QUESTION: How long would it take me to take it off if I had to bring my car in for service? Would the BMW mechanics be able to tell I was running a SC?

Yes, I meant more for people who do not want to upgrade the supercharger kit by installing heat exchangers, smaller pulleys, etc. You can add bolt-ons to the SK+ such as cams, headers, etc., no problem.

This GB will run for another 1-2 weeks.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #80
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
That sounds great but scince I do not want to hit my step tranny hard I was wondering if the SK+ with a nice intercooler upgrade would suffice to make the ride more fun and not aquire the damgers of running at high PSI with step trannies...Ive heard mixed feelings on the subject, I know Im not an expert and Im just trying to get as informed as possible but its something Im interested to get imediately as soon as I feel confident Im not going to trash my car..lol can you forsee getting the SK+ with the intercooler doing 265 to 270HP? comfortably? scince you claim 235 to 240 for the 325?
the 323/325 STEP transmission can take about 300HP, so the SK+ w/ aftercooler will be ok.