E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 04:09 PM   #81
VMW Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Just emailed you back again..... So Nick and a few of the other guys mentioned a future upgrade available, does this mean you might have a after cooler or FMIC available in the future for a slight bump. Part of having a SC is having a FMIC in the bumper, ha.

-C
VMW Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #82
kris6957

My Ride: 2002 330CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon Man
I'm similar to your situtaion (although a 5-speed) I don't need M3 power and I don't have SK1 budget (and other associated "additions".. total could reach ~$10k if doing it "right".. I did do some search on FI board). Gut feeling, SK+ is for me.

anyway, I believe "upgrade" refers to additional or further upgrade to the "SC set up", unlike SK1 or 2, "do it right" can mean additional upgrades such as clutch, header, etc.. Sounds like SK+ has limited "expandability" for people of less power-thristy people... are you one?
Yes, I'm in that boat with both of you. I really don't care to have 300hp. Fun, but not neccessary. I'd like my trans to last and my engine too. If I could get 230 from the SK+, that would be good, and then I could add cams or exhaust later to maybe bring it up to 260. That would be about perfect for me. Then, drop in a lower diff and zooooom!

I went and saw my mechanic today about the cam, injectors, intake, software I was planning on doing with him. Final price with tax is going to run me $3370 for 30to 35hp. So, for $700 more I can get 50 to 60. Hmmmm.....SK+ is looking mighty good :-). Like I said, I can always go back and add some more stuff lately.

For you Step guys out there, I've been tracking down dropping a 3.91 diff in my car. I've got graphs of the rpm change as compared with the 3.46 we currently run. Not bad at all. Looks like it will cost me around $2K. If I get the SK+, the diff will have to wait. But it will be my next performance mod after the SK.
kris6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #83
///OSS

My Ride: "The.. 325CI"
Send a message via AIM to ///OSS Send a message via MSN to ///OSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris6957
Yes, I'm in that boat with both of you. I really don't care to have 300hp. Fun, but not neccessary. I'd like my trans to last and my engine too. If I could get 230 from the SK+, that would be good, and then I could add cams or exhaust later to maybe bring it up to 260. That would be about perfect for me. Then, drop in a lower diff and zooooom!

I went and saw my mechanic today about the cam, injectors, intake, software I was planning on doing with him. Final price with tax is going to run me $3370 for 30to 35hp. So, for $700 more I can get 50 to 60. Hmmmm.....SK+ is looking mighty good :-). Like I said, I can always go back and add some more stuff lately.

For you Step guys out there, I've been tracking down dropping a 3.91 diff in my car. I've got graphs of the rpm change as compared with the 3.46 we currently run. Not bad at all. Looks like it will cost me around $2K. If I get the SK+, the diff will have to wait. But it will be my next performance mod after the SK.
exellent, I would love to know numbers on what infinitas thinks the intercooler and centrufugal clutch options squeeze out of the SK+ at the end of the day...that would make my desicion easier....
///OSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #84
kris6957

How much is the centrufugal clutch option?

I really would like this thing to be fairly quiet at idle. How noisy is it without the clutch option?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #85
kris6957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitas
Wagon man: There is no software required for this kit. An intercooler is not possible, since the plumbing is different. However, we are planning on offering an aftercooler in a few months for extra power. The GB will be run through our US distributor, shipping is extra. It is possible to install this in 5-6 hours.
Ok, your website says that the install "takes less than 12 hours". You say 5-6. Which is closer? The reason I ask, as I asked in my above post, is that my car is still under warranty and I would have to remove it to take it in for service.

I am a decent mechanic, so I need to know an approx. time based on that. So is it 12 or 6 hours? I'm sure I could rip it out faster than I put it in :-) Funny how things work like that!

Please let me know what the clultch kit costs. I don't like rattle/squeak noises, and I know it would probably bug me at idle without the clutch.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #86
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Supercharged BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsycracing
Just emailed you back again..... So Nick and a few of the other guys mentioned a future upgrade available, does this mean you might have a after cooler or FMIC available in the future for a slight bump. Part of having a SC is having a FMIC in the bumper, ha.

-C
A front mounted intercooler will not be an option, only an aftercooler.
Infinitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #87
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris6957
Ok, your website says that the install "takes less than 12 hours". You say 5-6. Which is closer? The reason I ask, as I asked in my above post, is that my car is still under warranty and I would have to remove it to take it in for service.

I am a decent mechanic, so I need to know an approx. time based on that. So is it 12 or 6 hours? I'm sure I could rip it out faster than I put it in :-) Funny how things work like that!

Please let me know what the clultch kit costs. I don't like rattle/squeak noises, and I know it would probably bug me at idle without the clutch.
For trained mechanic who has done an SK+ before, 5-6 hours is possible. Most likely, for a first time installer or DIY, 12+ hours is reasonable.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:55 PM   #88
kris6957

Again, how much for the centrifigal clutch kit?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #89
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

The clutch kit is not available yet. The TMIII has been engineered to be extremely silent even w/o a clutch option.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #90
TeKNiC3

My Ride: 330i.M3.aBox.996TT
Send a message via AIM to TeKNiC3
This is tempting as hell......
Old 02-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #91
steve323

My Ride: 2000 323i
Can you tell us how many people haved signed up for this group buy so far.
steve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:15 PM   #92
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Currently still under 10, need about 4 more to hit the next price break down.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:54 AM   #93
dabait

My Ride: 2003 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitas
Currently still under 10, need about 4 more to hit the next price break down.
This is only for the E46 and Z4's? No chance you could work in a kit for my Z3 3.0? It's an interesting concept for my 325iT, but I'd be concerned about compatibility with the SULEV engine it in.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #94
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Sorry, won't fit Z3, only E46 and Z4.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #95
kris d

My Ride: 330 ci cab
Hi Infinitas
Can UK members buy in the group buy?
How much will that be with UK tax?
Any rough figures of performance with the aftercooler?

cheers
Kris
kris d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #96
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Sure, European members can be included in the GB. For more info, please contact us at groupbuy@infinitas-gmbh.de
Old 02-22-2005, 03:24 AM   #97
Marba

My Ride: E60 530i E46 325ti
Send a message via ICQ to Marba
How about 325ti compact or 530i e60?
Marba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:06 AM   #98
bimmer88

My Ride: 06 Lexus GS430
Send a message via AIM to bimmer88
very very tempting... what kinda gains can i expect on a step 328ci?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:19 PM   #99
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marba
How about 325ti compact or 530i e60?
Yes, it will fit both these vehicles.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #100
Infinitas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer88
very very tempting... what kinda gains can i expect on a step 328ci?
328 will make about 250-260HP.