E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
Shred Sled

My Ride: 2004 325xit
BBS Wheel Opinions Needed

I mail ordered BBS RG-R 18"x8.5" in Black Diamond finish on Monday. Wheels arrived today (Thursday) double boxed. After looking them all over, I noticed that one of them has a scratch (not deep) on the inside and is lightly scuffed on the inside of the lip (where the tire bead goes). Both the front and back of the wheel are fine. Other than that, just some dust. I realize that once a tire is mounted, you will not even see this, but just wondered what other members might think. The place I ordered from was super cool and I felt I got a good deal ($2,156 included BBS caps, lugs, stems and shipping was also included, again double boxed).

Let me know what you all think. Jump on the floor and scream or let it be?

Thanks,

-Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBS RG-R 18x8.5 Wheel Scratched1.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	110861   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBS RG-R 18x8.5 Wheel Front.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	110863   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBS RG-R 18x8.5 Wheel Back.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	110864  

Last edited by Shred Sled; 02-11-2005 at 01:32 AM.
Shred Sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:21 AM   #2
jtkun

My Ride: OrientBlue on CHs
I would think that that scratch is minor and would not affect the structural integrity of the wheels since they are forged. I would get them mounted on my car anyways.

Where did you get that price on the RGRs? Everywhere I looked, there's price increases everywhere. I think RGRs in 18's are around $700 a wheel, so you scored an awesome deal.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Shred Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkun
I would think that that scratch is minor and would not affect the structural integrity of the wheels since they are forged. I would get them mounted on my car anyways.

Where did you get that price on the RGRs? Everywhere I looked, there's price increases everywhere. I think RGRs in 18's are around $700 a wheel, so you scored an awesome deal.
Order the wheels through SpeedOfSound Performance in Panama City, FL (850) 769-3465. The customer service rep "Tom" was very helpful and got the wheels out ASAP via FedEx Ground. I spoke with him today about the one scratched wheel and e-mailed the pictures. He immediatly contacted BBS America and got an RA # for me. I just shipped the wheel an hour ago to BBS America which they are going to repalce. Serious cutomer service goes a long way. Two thumbs up for SpeedOfSound Performance! I'm sure BBS Ameica won't let me down.

-Mike

Last edited by Shred Sled; 02-11-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
wjjeeper

My Ride: .... is SOLD
I'd say mount your rubber and forget about it. No big deal.

Do you know your history?
wjjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
Shred Sled

Received a replacement wheel from BBS-USA today. Two thumbs up for excellent customer service. Can't wait for Spring to put the summer wheels on!

-Mike
Old 02-23-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
idoc330ci

My Ride: 2003 330ci
post pics of them on your ride when you get a chance

idoc330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #7
Shred Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoc330ci
post pics of them on your ride when you get a chance
It will be a bit, probably mid-late April. I also just received a set of AC Schnitzer springs today. Now I have to come up with the $ for a set of Pilot Sports or S03s. Will definately post pics though. I suppose I should add pic to my sig when complete.

-Mike

Last edited by Shred Sled; 02-23-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:16 PM   #8
noflash

My Ride: '99 328i-->'06 325i
Whoa, that's crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Sled
-Mike
I just got a set from them a few weeks ago. I found them on Ebay advertised as the "2004 Price" of $2000. I called and asked how much longer they'd have them at that price. Tom said he had one set left at the price -- imagine that! I got them shipped with lugs/caps/stem for $2060.

I had to scoop them up b/c there $700 a piece at tirerack now!

I only looked at one wheel. Maybe I should open the other boxes. I too am waiting for spring to mount tires as well.

I'm gonna go look and see if they are still on ebay.

EDIT -- They aren't still there... still a great deal though.

Last edited by noflash; 02-23-2005 at 10:22 PM.
noflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:26 PM   #9
noflash

Also...

Interesting that you are taking a similar approach as I am. I plan on getting UUC V2 spring and Kuhmo MX or ASX.

What color is your car?

Mine is jet black. I know as soon as I put them on my orange corners will shine and I'm not sure how my chrome trim will look anymore. So many issues with going gunmetal!!

Old 02-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #10
Shred Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Interesting that you are taking a similar approach as I am. I plan on getting UUC V2 spring and Kuhmo MX or ASX.

What color is your car?

Mine is jet black. I know as soon as I put them on my orange corners will shine and I'm not sure how my chrome trim will look anymore. So many issues with going gunmetal!!

I have an electric red '04 325xi wagon. Right after I installed my clears, I saw the elecrtic red 325i wagon that Rogue Engineering dropped an M3 engine into as with other serious upgrades. There's also a red 325 wagon on AC Schnitzer's website, so I had some good visuals on how my car "could" look. Thus far it's, clears all around, OEM aluminum e-brake handle, Bimmian silver gauge rings and an OEM aluminum dead pedal. Waiting to be installed are a Sirius satallite radio, OEM aluminum gas & brake pedals, Bimmian blackout grill, ACS springs, BBS wheels and (__?__) tires once I get the cash for those. Also thinking about rear Koni shocks with Rouge Engineering rear shock mounts. I'm more of a cruiser than a performance driver, so no real engine mods, maybe just a K&N air filter? Although I say to myself, no more mods, I still would like a M-Tech II body kit and slightly darker tint.

My brother has a black '01 330ci and his orange corners do stand out. I got him some clears for his birthday/Christmas, but who knows when he'll hook it up? His chrome trim looks good on black.

-Mike
Old 02-24-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
noflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Sled
I have an electric red '04 325xi wagon. Right after I installed my clears, I saw the elecrtic red 325i wagon that Rogue Engineering dropped an M3 engine into as with other serious upgrades. There's also a red 325 wagon on AC Schnitzer's website, so I had some good visuals on how my car "could" look. Thus far it's, clears all around, OEM aluminum e-brake handle, Bimmian silver gauge rings and an OEM aluminum dead pedal. Waiting to be installed are a Sirius satallite radio, OEM aluminum gas & brake pedals, Bimmian blackout grill, ACS springs, BBS wheels and (__?__) tires once I get the cash for those. Also thinking about rear Koni shocks with Rouge Engineering rear shock mounts. I'm more of a cruiser than a performance driver, so no real engine mods, maybe just a K&N air filter? Although I say to myself, no more mods, I still would like a M-Tech II body kit and slightly darker tint.

My brother has a black '01 330ci and his orange corners do stand out. I got him some clears for his birthday/Christmas, but who knows when he'll hook it up? His chrome trim looks good on black.

-Mike
Sounds nice. Post some pics after you get your wheels on.