E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
DMahoney

My Ride: 2001 325ci
PLEASE HELP: audio system question...

You guys. So I have a question that hopefully somebody can help me with. For right now, I don't need the professional wait to do it, I just want to know how I can do it. I have the HK audio system, and for a while, I spliced the wires off the rear deck speakers and ran them to a two 12 inch kicker sub woofer box..

The sound was pretty good, but the wires pulled out so I had to take the box out. Now that the box is out, I want to know how I can install my Two 2 channel kicker amps for my sub woofer's. The stock and that usually runs the stock sub woofer's isn't powerful enough.

Can someone tell me how I can install these two 2-channel amplifiers for the two kicker subs?.. I don't want to use the stock sub woofer amplifier anymore. I know where the speaker amplifier is under the trunk carpet by the navigation and disc changer. How do I run a wire from this amplifier to the two 2-channel amps I want to install for the subs..?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
(510)330ci

My Ride: 330ci
Im geting a sub and a am installed with an epicenter to the original business stereo i got a lc2i high low converter i was told you cant do what you did?

(510)330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #3
jfoster8806

My Ride: 2000 E46 BMW 323i
If you already have the wires pulled from your rear deck speakers then you might try a line out converter. It takes the wires from your rear speakers and converts them to rca. Small box barely noticeable if you hide it right. You can either splice it into the wires or if you're planning to replace the rear deck speakers just pull both of them off and invest in some new 6.5" speakers for the rear deck and power them also with your amp. Oh and if you're just installing a sub, you might invest in a monoblock amp rather than two channel. They are a class d and have better sound quality and more power than most 2 channel class a/b amplifiers.

jfoster8806 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
DMahoney

I have brand-new rear deck speakers I installed around Christmas time. I actually installed all new speakers. But like I said, I took the wires from the rear deck and splice them to eliminate the rear trunk OEM subs and brought them straight to my sub woofer box. It sounds amazing. I just wanted to put the two amplifiers on them.. I think the stock amp is okay for my aftermarket sub woofer box, but I want more power and I want to delete the OEM subwoofer amp and add in my aftermarket amplifiers. However, I don't have one 4-channel, I have Two 2- channel amps.. So I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate the OEM amp for the subs and add in two amps for my box lol

Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
DMahoney

I have Two 2-channel Kicker KX200 amps that's I'm trying to instal.. They're old; got them in 2005 but brand new never installed lol.. Someone help :/

Old 07-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
(510)330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMahoney View Post
Two 2- channel amps.. So I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate the OEM amp for the subs and add in two amps for my box lol

I THINK you dont have to thats wjat the High low converter is for? Its only like 25$

Old 07-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
DMahoney

Ok. I'll look into it

Old 07-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
DMahoney

Can I just take the wires going to the oem HK sub amp and take them out and put them into my aftermarket amps then to my subs? If so, is it as simple as how just like I explained ??

Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #9
(510)330ci

I dont know much about audio but thats what I was thinking too but when I took it to she shop they told me I need the lc2i

Old 07-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
(510)330ci

I would say you can bu t what im thinking is the lc2i helps the quality of the audio bc with out this you will control your bass from the deck

Old 07-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
DMahoney

Ya I know what you mean.. Was jw if anyone has or seen a wrote up for what I'm asking or if anyone has done it or hasn't done it and has pointers

Old 07-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #12
DMahoney

:/ ?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #13
(510)330ci

Go on YouTube I seen ppl do it that way befor

Old 07-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #14
Gatriel
Gr Di'

My Ride: KL38444
You powered two 12s off the rear deck amp!?

More of my posts get deleted than anyone elses.
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:52 AM   #15
///Madgreek

My Ride: 02 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster8806 View Post
If you already have the wires pulled from your rear deck speakers then you might try a line out converter. It takes the wires from your rear speakers and converts them to rca. Small box barely noticeable if you hide it right. You can either splice it into the wires or if you're planning to replace the rear deck speakers just pull both of them off and invest in some new 6.5" speakers for the rear deck and power them also with your amp. Oh and if you're just installing a sub, you might invest in a monoblock amp rather than two channel. They are a class d and have better sound quality and more power than most 2 channel class a/b amplifiers.

Agree. I know the line out converter works, I have done it on an e36 and an e39 with dsp and it worked well with the stock systems.