E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #21
EDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,773
My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefmad
If she is getting fat now just wait until she gets married. Then the pounds will really add on. So if she is getting fat now and it turns you off, dump her and start looking for the next one cause she will be fat the rest of her life.

i second that. in fact, dump your gfs every 2 years and upgrade with a younger model...
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #22
Alayle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 153
My Ride: Adidas on weekends
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW330xi01


when my gf lost the baby she gained some weight not alot cause she was only 2 months but she started gettign a gut. i did just that i told her I felt like a fat slob and i need to go to the gym and i got her a membership so she can come and talk to me so i wont be bored. the 1st 2 times at the gym she did just that talk to me on the 3rd time she got bored of sittign and waiting almost 2 hrs for me that she used the machines

Engrish much ?
__________________
Alayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #23
Unveiled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Instead of criticizing her, you should be supporting her. It's not wrong to feel dissatisfied with the fact that she's let herself go, after all, she'd probably feel the same way if you gained unsightly weight. What you should attempt to do is motivate her by working out with her. Show her that you're concerned. Try to find an activity that you two can enjoy together that is both fun, and intensive enough to help her lose the weight. Being open with her might serve you well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:20 AM   #24
EDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,773
My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
Show her that you're concerned.
but he's "concerned" for his own personal and selfish reason. getting her to workout and lose weight will really be a manipulation on his part, and not really an act of true concern for her own health. for all we know, even with the extra few pounds she is still 100% healthy and is completely content with herself. she probably, healthywise, doesn't NEED to lose weight, but it's only that the bf prefers her to be physically slimmer that makes it seem like it is not "okay" for her to be carrying the extra few pounds.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #25
Unveiled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDawg
but he's "concerned" for his own personal and selfish reason. getting her to workout and lose weight will really be a manipulation on his part, and not really an act of true concern for her own health. for all we know, even with the extra few pounds she is still 100% healthy and is completely content with herself. she probably, healthywise, doesn't NEED to lose weight, but it's only that the bf prefers her to be physically slimmer that makes it seem like it is not "okay" for her to be carrying the extra few pounds.

We're all giving him suggestions/opinions with regards to a situation in which we know very little about. All we have to help assess the situation is what was stated by the original poster. We have no pictures to aid in visualization, only words that help paint a mental picture. I'm sure many overweight people are content with themselves, but that isn't the issue here. Most of us want an attractive partner. Agree or disagree? We want an attractive partner for our own personal and/or selfish reasons, otherwise we'd just settle for whomever..................whenever.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #26
reddevil7nine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 20
My Ride: ...
first off, you need to make sure you haven't put on any wieght. if you have, then yes, you are being shallow. if not, then just be honest with her but don't be mean about it. there is no way to tell her w/o hurting her feelings. she needs to know however, that you aren't happy about it and it upsets you. how you say that to her is up to you.

also, you might ask if there is a reason (which i'm sure others have suggested, didn't read all the posts), maybe she's stressed about something?

and don't listen to the "she'll get fat when she gets married" bs. that's all hype that single people say that are afraid of marriage, can't find anyone, or they have witnessed a bad marriage that involved someone close to them, usually parents. i have a buddy that says that **** all the time, makes married people feel like they are committing a crime. needless to say, his parents are divorced and it wasn't pretty. anyway, that won't happen, not if she really cares about herself and wants to stay healthy.

good luck.
reddevil7nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #27
EDawg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,773
My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
Most of us want an attractive partner. Agree or disagree? We want an attractive partner for our own personal and/or selfish reasons, otherwise we'd just settle for whomever..................whenever.
that's fine...as long as you're honest and upfront about it. manipulating your girl to lose weight by "acting" as if you are first and foremost concerned about her own well being, when in fact it is for your own personal and selfish reason, is just more or less deceiving and lying to her. if you think deceiving and lying to your gf is the right thing to do, then go for it.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #28
Unveiled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDawg
that's fine...as long as you're honest and upfront about it. manipulating your girl to lose weight by "acting" as if you are first and foremost concerned about her own well being, when in fact it is for your own personal and selfish reason, is just more or less deceiving and lying to her. if you think deceiving and lying to your gf is the right thing to do, then go for it.

You assume he's not genuinely concerned though. Just because her aesthetic appeal may be of paramount importance (...stated just to illustrate a point), doesn't mean that he's not concerned with the reason behind her weight gain.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #29
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,198
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
You assume he's not genuinely concerned though. Just because her aesthetic appeal may be of paramount importance (...stated just to illustrate a point), doesn't mean that he's not concerned with the reason behind her weight gain.
but reading his post... it seems pretty obvious that he just wants his gf to look good... and get back to her old self
because her physical appearance is what's affecting him
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #30
Unveiled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
but reading his post... it seems pretty obvious that he just wants his gf to look good... and get back to her old self
because her physical appearance is what's affecting him

He's human, and aesthetic appeal matters to him. It matters to me, and I'm sure its importance would apply to my hypothetical significant other as well. I don't believe that implies he's unconcerned with her health though. Allow me to use an analogy. Let's assume you drive a nice E46 M3. While driving it, you hit a fire hydrant. You are now left with an aesthetically unappealing M3. It still drives great, and it still offers that visceral feel from behind the wheel, but you don't look at it the same way. This doesn't mean you want to sell the car, you're just not pleased with it at the moment. The damage is repairable, but until that damage is repaired, it's an eyesore.


Damn, my analogies suck worse than an nipple-hungry infant.

Last edited by Unveiled; 04-04-2005 at 11:22 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #31
Russia1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: VA
Posts: 136
My Ride: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy
Stab her with a rusty nail..Maybe she will get lock jaw
well I laughed at this if no one else did
Russia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #32
mase
Pwner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fish grits poonani
Posts: 328
My Ride: 07 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil7nine

and don't listen to the "she'll get fat when she gets married" bs. that's all hype that single people say that are afraid of marriage, can't find anyone, or they have witnessed a bad marriage that involved someone close to them, usually parents. i have a buddy that says that **** all the time, makes married people feel like they are committing a crime. needless to say, his parents are divorced and it wasn't pretty. anyway, that won't happen, not if she really cares about herself and wants to stay healthy.

good luck.
Q: How do you turn a fox into an elephant?
A: Marry it.


Theres some truth in every feminist joke.
__________________
mase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #33
mase
Pwner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fish grits poonani
Posts: 328
My Ride: 07 335i
here's a theory: you may also be letting go of your own body, so girls aren't noticing you anymore. why does that matter? if girls talk about you, she may realize that she needs to work to keep you from the competition, whereas if you are a slob now, she feels no reason to work to stay good-looking. keep in mind, it's usually harder for a girl to stay in shape than a guy.
my last gf's friends used to talk about me a lot (she told me) and she always stayed in shape, so i'm assuming a positive correlation there
__________________
mase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #34
benzfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 399
My Ride: my ride
You know why shes getting fat? Well let me tell you. Remember when you told her you wanted to feel more "sensation." Well because your p@nis is so small, she has to get fatter so she can try to get more body weight on top of your tiny c@ck, because her regular box is to big for you equipment.

There you go.
__________________
Life, the only thing worth dying for.
benzfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #35
pjk208
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Posts: 108
My Ride: 323i, Cord V6, ES300
Send a message via AIM to pjk208
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzfreak
You know why shes getting fat? Well let me tell you. Remember when you told her you wanted to feel more "sensation." Well because your p@nis is so small, she has to get fatter so she can try to get more body weight on top of your tiny c@ck, because her regular box is to big for you equipment.

There you go.
rofl interesting POV...
pjk208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #36
Unveiled
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzfreak
You know why shes getting fat? Well let me tell you. Remember when you told her you wanted to feel more "sensation." Well because your p@nis is so small, she has to get fatter so she can try to get more body weight on top of your tiny c@ck, because her regular box is to big for you equipment.

There you go.
Feminist advocate are we?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #37
calystar
Registered User
 
calystar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: earth
Posts: 235
My Ride: car
Never tell a girl she's fat. Drop subtle hints that a healthier diet or working out more might be a good thing. Use yourself as an example, make some comments about your own weight. If you're both really mature and love each other, you might be able to remind her to do certain things, especially if she complains about her weight or whatnot. If she doesn't realize that she's gaining weight, take her swim suit shopping, that will probably do the trick. Always be supportive and constructive, never destructive. Be tactful and nice about it. And remember, your girl is always beautiful. Remind of her that! (That'll increase your opportunities to bang her too!)
calystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #38
benzfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 399
My Ride: my ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
Feminist advocate are we?

Im not gonna tell yo until you tell me what your job is. I wanna know
__________________
Life, the only thing worth dying for.
benzfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #39
pjk208
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philly
Posts: 108
My Ride: 323i, Cord V6, ES300
Send a message via AIM to pjk208
Quote:
Originally Posted by calystar
Never tell a girl she's fat. Drop subtle hints that a healthier diet or working out more might be a good thing. Use yourself as an example, make some comments about your own weight. If you're both really mature and love each other, you might be able to remind her to do certain things, especially if she complains about her weight or whatnot. If she doesn't realize that she's gaining weight, take her swim suit shopping, that will probably do the trick. Always be supportive and constructive, never destructive. Be tactful and nice about it. And remember, your girl is always beautiful. Remind of her that! (That'll increase your opportunities to bang her too!)
^yes, im sure that works in a perfect world...but the fact is that she needs to have some burning desire to keep to her diet and exercise...last year when I start working out a lot and watching what I ate (after a pretty mean comment from my own girl about how I was fat but I didnt say anything back)...my girl tried to do the same too...but she didnt have the same real desire to. she would basically walk on a treadmill for 30 min or so every other day and say that she was working out hard.
pjk208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #40
turb0
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: toronto, north york area
Posts: 661
My Ride: 330 ci
so far never had this problem and I hope never will... good luck
turb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use