E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #41
mase
Pwner

My Ride: 07 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjk208
^yes, im sure that works in a perfect world...but the fact is that she needs to have some burning desire to keep to her diet and exercise...last year when I start working out a lot and watching what I ate (after a pretty mean comment from my own girl about how I was fat but I didnt say anything back)...my girl tried to do the same too...but she didnt have the same real desire to. she would basically walk on a treadmill for 30 min or so every other day and say that she was working out hard.
like i said, i think complacency in the relationship is the issue here. you aren't attracting any tail so she doesn't have that "desire" to work her ass off (pun intended)
Old 04-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #42
nzDave

My Ride: Darth Bimmer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	119823  
Old 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #43
bender73
AREA 51

My Ride: VW Touareg
Send a message via AIM to bender73
how fat is fat?

10lbs.?
20lbs.?
more?

did she start on a birth control pill? (or change pills?)
any new meds? (i.e. anti-depressants?)

...or is she just eating like crazy?

more info please
bender73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #44
OLGA

My Ride: '01 330i
MrVanos - Simple, just look at her mom. If her mom is fat then there's not much you can do as it's in her DNA to be fat (unless she really works at it).
OLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #45
Blue

My Ride: car
I originally custom designed this post for another thread, but it will work for you too....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...6&postcount=29
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #46
MrVanos

My Ride: -
Send a message via AIM to MrVanos Send a message via MSN to MrVanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender73
how fat is fat?

10lbs.?
20lbs.?
more?

did she start on a birth control pill? (or change pills?)
any new meds? (i.e. anti-depressants?)

...or is she just eating like crazy?

more info please
Thanks 2 everyone that replied with USEFULL info. I'm almost sure that she changed her birth control pill like a month ago... i'd say shes gained a good 10-15lbs. She does eat like crazy tho.... i'm so sad, i've tried droping subtle hints.. that just made shi<a>t hit the fan. I really don't know what to do any more....
MrVanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #47
bender73
AREA 51

My Ride: VW Touareg
Send a message via AIM to bender73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVanos
Thanks 2 everyone that replied with USEFULL info. I'm almost sure that she changed her birth control pill like a month ago... i'd say shes gained a good 10-15lbs. She does eat like crazy tho.... i'm so sad, i've tried droping subtle hints.. that just made shi<a>t hit the fan. I really don't know what to do any more....
FYI - changing a birth control pill CAN cause weight gain (hormones bro)

i'm also quite sure she has noticed this gain and in time she will likely say something to you (that will open the door for you and be sure to tread lightly on the subject)

bender73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #48
MrVanos

Quote:

i'm also quite sure she has noticed this gain and in time she will likely say something to you (that will open the door for you and be sure to tread lightly on the subject)

Dear god I hope so......
Old 04-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #49
MrVanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLGA
MrVanos - Simple, just look at her mom. If her mom is fat then there's not much you can do as it's in her DNA to be fat (unless she really works at it).
Her mom and her sister are have slim bodies.. her sister has a veru tonned athletic body, but doesn't work out @ all... wtf
Old 04-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #50
Alayle

My Ride: Adidas on weekends
More sex buddy

Both benefit
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #51
turb0
Banned

My Ride: 330 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alayle
More sex buddy

Both benefit
turb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #52
mister wiggles

My Ride: 2009 335i x-drive
Send a message via AIM to mister wiggles
you should get fat...fatter than her. then when she tells you that you are getting fat...you bring out the big guns and tell her "YOU STARTED IT!! and ask her how she didn't notice it on herself." or you could offer to go excercise together. either way. good luck. as long as you are bigger than the girl, s'all good.
mister wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #53
jeepney

My Ride: see username
Quote:

I'm almost definite this is the reason for the weight gain because the same thing happened to me. My advice: DO NOT tell her she is fat or else she will tear your ****ing head off. If she says something about her weight gain, reply with something like...yes I've noticed but you're still beautiful blah blah blah. DO NOT tell her you are not attracted to her anymore because of the weight. This will only hurt her and she'll bring it up for the rest of your relationship whenever she is angry with you. She is probably taking the pill for you...yes? So anything negative you say about the effects of a pill she is taking for you will inflame her to no end.

The best way to get her to lose weight is not to suggest that you work out together. It will not work unless she has the desire to do so already. This is what worked for me (I'm such a sucker): tell her you want to spend the rest of your life with her and have a long happy life together, so you want the both of you to start taking better care of yourselves by working out and not eating anymore bad foods etc. Or else tell her to get off the pill.
jeepney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #54
Gadgets

My Ride: '08 M6 / '08 X5 4.8i
I gained almost 45 Lb. since I've started dating my fiance over 4 years ago...

I really got fat... I was well built before and now i'm a chubby balloon..

I think it bothers me more than it bothers her... but she's something special.. I don't think I could handle her gaining so much weight...

Last edited by Gadgets; 04-04-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Gadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #55
juicytofu

My Ride: the subway
Quote:

happened to my girl. the good thing is that her chest got bigger too.

just squeeze and play with the fat and she'll get the hint.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #56
T-MC-G

My Ride: Range Rover Evoque
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicytofu

just squeeze and play with the fat and she'll get the hint.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH x 5757450784583408534

Tell me what you don't like about yourself...
T-MC-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #57
montreal_bimmer

My Ride: 2006 AW E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzDave

i have those cups at my house.... i love them....well used to

montreal_bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:25 AM   #58
EDawg

My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_Mongrel
He's human, and aesthetic appeal matters to him. It matters to me, and I'm sure its importance would apply to my hypothetical significant other as well. I don't believe that implies he's unconcerned with her health though. Allow me to use an analogy. Let's assume you drive a nice E46 M3. While driving it, you hit a fire hydrant. You are now left with an aesthetically unappealing M3. It still drives great, and it still offers that visceral feel from behind the wheel, but you don't look at it the same way. This doesn't mean you want to sell the car, you're just not pleased with it at the moment. The damage is repairable, but until that damage is repaired, it's an eyesore.

Damn, my analogies suck worse than an nipple-hungry infant.
dude, that's a horrible analogy. no one is arguing with you that aesthetic is important. the mere issue we're trying to tackle is what is the best way to get a girl who's gained a few unsitely pounds to lose them. my argument is that using subtle methods to manipulate a girl into losing weight is dishonest and deceptive at best. if one is dissatisfied with his/her significant others' looks, then one should a) be upfront and honest about it, or b) just learn to accept it. you personally wouldn't like to be manipulated, right?? so why is it okay to manipulate someone else??
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:31 AM   #59
Unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDawg
if one is dissatisfied with his/her significant others' looks, then one should a) be upfront and honest about it, or b) just learn to accept it. you personally wouldn't like to be manipulated, right?? so why is it okay to manipulate someone else??
In a perfect world, I'd agree with you unquestionably. Fact is, most people can't handle brutal honesty. I'm sure you'd agree, yes? This becomes especially true when a situation revolves around the feelings and/or emotions of a woman. You choose to expound on an issue which needn't be.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 AM   #60
heezyo2o

My Ride: .
Didn't read the whole thread, but other than going to the gym, try to watch what she eats. Quit the fast food, and try to make healthier choices when you go out to eat. Also cut back on the dessert and save a buck or two while you're at it.
heezyo2o is offline   Reply With Quote