E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 03:14 PM   #21
Eko-M3

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
I don't understand what all the fuzz is about, the car is in great condition and well taken care of. If you don't want to buy it for the price i lowered it to (29k) then too bad because i will not sell it for 25k. Thanks
Eko-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #22
Spork

My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko-M3
I don't understand what all the fuzz is about, the car is in great condition and well taken care of. If you don't want to buy it for the price i lowered it to (29k) then too bad because i will not sell it for 25k. Thanks
Great condition and well taken care of? So are the 26321 other M3's for sale. Ask any forum member whether their car is in good condition or well taken care of. Everyone waxes, everyone changes oil, everyone does routine repairs.

91k doesn't qualify for pristine condition, no matter how spotless it is. It also doesn't sell for 29k.

Weren't you trading it in this week?

-SporK

Last edited by Spork; 04-23-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:37 AM   #23
brandonx46

My Ride:
Not here to pick a fight but I am curious if you traded it in? And for how much? Just curious thanks!
brandonx46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:06 AM   #24
bmwsmurf

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork
Great condition and well taken care of? So are the 26321 other M3's for sale. Ask any forum member whether their car is in good condition or well taken care of. Everyone waxes, everyone changes oil, everyone does routine repairs.

91k doesn't qualify for pristine condition, no matter how spotless it is. It also doesn't sell for 29k.

Weren't you trading it in this week?

-SporK
This is simply not true.
Some people will change their oil every 3-5k miles. Some people will let their dealer do it every 15k. This goes for other 'lifetime' fluids as well.

Some people will hand wash their cars and do it the right was so as not to have any extraneous swirls marks. Others will bring it to the $5 car wash and have the crap beaten out of their paint

Some cars don't get much passengers. Others will have dogs in the back.

Some people don't ever park their cars on streets. Others will park it wherever they can squeeze into (nice dings and scratches) Don't believe me? There's a red E46 M3 in the lot next to mine. Come by some time and check it out. Drives in the snow with his summer tires. He couldn't care less.

The list goes on.
Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:13 PM   #25
Spork

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsmurf
This is simply not true.
Some people will change their oil every 3-5k miles. Some people will let their dealer do it every 15k. This goes for other 'lifetime' fluids as well.

Some people will hand wash their cars and do it the right was so as not to have any extraneous swirls marks. Others will bring it to the $5 car wash and have the crap beaten out of their paint

Some cars don't get much passengers. Others will have dogs in the back.

Some people don't ever park their cars on streets. Others will park it wherever they can squeeze into (nice dings and scratches) Don't believe me? There's a red E46 M3 in the lot next to mine. Come by some time and check it out. Drives in the snow with his summer tires. He couldn't care less.

The list goes on.
Good luck with the sale.

-SporK
Old 04-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #26
Spork

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253994

-SporK
Old 04-26-2005, 12:05 AM   #27
Joeyc220

My Ride: C class
Dealers use NADA only because the wholesale is lower then kbb and the retail is higher screw nada....kbb is pretty resonable most of the time
Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 AM   #28
acitydweller

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMooCow
Most insurance companies use NADA guide.
he speaks the truth...

Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:01 AM   #29
DiceyOne
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 1999 328i
Send a message via AIM to DiceyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but KBB is the standard right now. Everyone and their mother uses Kbb. Except dealers. Forget about dealers, dealers don't use any type of paperback pricing guides at all. Insurance companies have their own system, about which I have no idea.

Don't waste peoples time telling them not to low-ball. No one will listen. It's everyones right to ask for X amount of money for their cars, and it's everyones right to offer Y amount of money for anothers car. Whether a sale is made is secondary.

-SporK

hey there ummm spork, you're not bursting my bubble. call your car insurance company and ask them. i know i just did and to no surprise they told me they use NADA. also i just went to Miller's Imports on rt15 and asked the SA and he told me that he uses NADA. so as i said before... here in PA nobody uses KBB cause it's old and inaccurate.
DiceyOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM   #30
Spork

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceyOne
hey there ummm spork, you're not bursting my bubble. call your car insurance company and ask them. i know i just did and to no surprise they told me they use NADA. also i just went to Miller's Imports on rt15 and asked the SA and he told me that he uses NADA. so as i said before... here in PA nobody uses KBB cause it's old and inaccurate.
I don't care what insurance companies use. For all it's worth, I hope they use the highest totalling blue book out there. Hell, I wish they'd use spork's bluebook and pay people 10k over what their car is actually worth.

I don't know who or what an SA is, but whatever he is, he lied to you. The only people who might have any type of paperback guides laying around are new car dealers who take a lot of cars on trade and throw paperback pricing at customers to keep their overhead low.

But hey, maybe the residents of PA have discovered their own supersmart NADA system that the rest of the country doesn't know about! Cause I'm sure you walked around polling half the PA residents on what kind of car pricing guide they use.

-SporK
Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM   #31
Eko-M3

Decided To Keep The Car, Thanks For All The Interest Anyways
Old 04-27-2005, 11:57 PM   #32
XJONBX

My Ride: 2001 330ci - SOLD
Send a message via AIM to XJONBX
Where in CT are you located?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:46 PM   #33
Eko-M3

Waterbury
Old 04-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #34
burrito007

My Ride: M3
well if you're looking to get rid of the car in about 3-4 months, i might be interested = )

Stock
------------------------------------------------
Previous cars:
2000 323i
mods: koni adjustable shocks, UUC pulleys, shark injector, ecis intake
Wheels: OZ Superleggera 18x8 and 18x9
burrito007 is offline   Reply With Quote