E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
Icecreamfoo

My Ride: slow boosting...
Send a message via AIM to Icecreamfoo
They finally fit! 265 on a sedan

Yes, I guess it "can" be done: running 19x9.5 (ET40) with 265/30 on the rear of a sedan...

Finally drove down to Signal Hill today and dropped the car off at EF1 Motorsports to let Fab work on my fenders. All I can say is, he nailed it! Fab completely rolled up and closed the inner fender lip, and shaved off some of the plastic moldings on the inside of the bumper at the point where it meets the rear fender. The result is almost near perfect fitting

I think I almost had tears rolling down my face when there's no more rubbing sound produced after I got back home tonite, put on the rear 19s and took the car out for a spin... Visual inspection on the tire sidewall/corner turned up no new scratch marks as well; I was simply ecstatic

Big THANK YOU to Fab at EF1 Motorsports, it's absolutely job well done. I'd also like to thank everyone who has recommended Fab, who's an extremely approachable guy and knows exactly what he's doing. For those of you who need to have your fenders rolled to fit 9.5" wheels with 255 or 265 in the rear on a sedan (such as the CSL replicas), I highly recommend u take the car to EF1; you WILL NOT regret it
Icecreamfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
Brandon_Ottawa
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Congrats, but you'll still rub under major dips if they did not grind down or remove that bolt in the fender well.

I'm the same as you. No rubbing with 265's under the hardest corners, acceleration, etc...but hit a REALY Deep valley in the road and she'll rub on that bolt.
Brandon_Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #3
SONNY..
Team Eurowerkz

My Ride: Blacked out 328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Ottawa
Congrats, but you'll still rub under major dips if they did not grind down or remove that bolt in the fender well.

I'm the same as you. No rubbing with 265's under the hardest corners, acceleration, etc...but hit a REALY Deep valley in the road and she'll rub on that bolt.
I'm running 19 x 10 and I have to say a big fat But for the most part no rubbing.. Found out yeaterday if you put a fat person in the back you will rub.. otherwise

SPONSORED BY: ICSPerformance | EAC | Eurospeed | WHEELEXPERTS
SONNY.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
1CuRide

My Ride: 04 330ci 6MT ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONNY..
Found out yeaterday if you put a fat person in the back you will rub.. otherwise
Sorry, just can't resist.
1CuRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
Icecreamfoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Ottawa

Hi Brandon, can u tell me roughly where that bolt is? Not sure if Fab actually did either of what u suggested, so I'd like to check on it...

ur car looks so clean and so sweeeeet BTW!
Old 04-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
Icecreamfoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONNY..
I'm running 19 x 10 and I have to say a big fat But for the most part no rubbing.. Found out yeaterday if you put a fat person in the back you will rub.. otherwise
19x10!!! How'd u do that!?!? I've seen a coupe here in SoCal that was running 19x10s in the rear, but he rubbs so bad that the fender or the inside plastic lining has COMPLETELY scrapped off the skin on the sidewall. His rear tire sidewalls were BOLD! everything from the tire brand to tire spec/tread wear # were gone, was gone. U must have some really nice offset on ur 10s to get it work!

But oh yes I think I definitely have that expectation, well guess my back seat is just for show from this day on....

What tire pressure are u guys all running? is 37~ psi enough?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #7
Brandon_Ottawa
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamfoo
Hi Brandon, can u tell me roughly where that bolt is? Not sure if Fab actually did either of what u suggested, so I'd like to check on it...

ur car looks so clean and so sweeeeet BTW!
It's inside the fender. If you look up into the wheel well at the black plastic liner/splash guard, you'll see the bolt. The bolt alligns the rear bumper with the rear quarter panel. You'll most likely have to jack your car up to see it (careful the cheapie BMW jack doesn't fall out with your hand in the fender).
Brandon_Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote