E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #221
RunT1ME

My Ride: bmw
Well, I'm going to be moving to full time. Before I was hourly and the max i'd make was 75ish a year.

Taking offers of around 80, plus bonuses, etc. Which is nice, I won't have to pay for my own health care and whatnot.

I was hoping I could get in the high 90s, but I think it'll take a few more years

23, no degree yet, btw.
RunT1ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:04 PM   #222
qooldude

My Ride: 328i, M3 & Cayenne S
Me: 33
Wife: 31
Combined: $340K
qooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 PM   #223
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunT1ME View Post
Well, I'm going to be moving to full time. Before I was hourly and the max i'd make was 75ish a year.

Taking offers of around 80, plus bonuses, etc. Which is nice, I won't have to pay for my own health care and whatnot.

I was hoping I could get in the high 90s, but I think it'll take a few more years

23, no degree yet, btw.
That's damn good money for only being 23 and not having a degree...what do you do?
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #224
USCTrojanMan29

Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by qooldude View Post
Me: 33
Wife: 31
Combined: $340K
That's a damn healthy combined household income. What profession are you guys in? BTW, might be time to move to Nevada to save on all that damn state income tax you guys are paying to the State of CA...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #225
qooldude

My Ride: 328i, M3 & Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
That's a damn healthy combined household income. What profession are you guys in? BTW, might be time to move to Nevada to save on all that damn state income tax you guys are paying to the State of CA...
I know what you mean, income tax is a killer here in CA. Wife is an MD and I'm an independent technology consultant so I'm writing off stuff left and right.

So is the commercial real estate business still going strong? How are those multi-family properties treating you these days?
qooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:15 PM   #226
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by qooldude View Post
I know what you mean, income tax is a killer here in CA. Wife is an MD and I'm an independent technology consultant so I'm writing off stuff left and right.

So is the commercial real estate business still going strong? How are those multi-family properties treating you these days?
The commercial real estate business is still ticking along pretty good over in Nevada although a bit slower. Retail, industrial, and multi-family properties are in high demand due to low vacancy rates. Multi-family properties actually perform better in housing downturns as you have less people buying homes but they still need a place to live. Rents are expected to rise by 5-7% for the next few years in Vegas mainly due to strong fundamentals. It took me all of one day to fill a vacancy in my 4plex and I got like 40 calls when I was renting out my townhouse in Huntington Beach. Fixed Mortgages + Rising Rents =
Old 08-31-2006, 10:56 PM   #227
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
$15k - $20k, depending on whether I want to work or not.
My family and I really need to start on our apartment complex project. *sigh*
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #228
vincentvega9701
has a power steerin leak :/

My Ride: '01 325i, EMD F59PHI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkei325i View Post
$15k - $20k, depending on whether I want to work or not.
My family and I really need to start on our apartment complex project. *sigh*
start it in texas

rental market here is on fiiiiiiiiiireeeeeee. or at least that's what my acquaintences in property management tell me

if i had a spare mil or two lying around .....

vincentvega9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #229
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega9701 View Post
start it in texas

rental market here is on fiiiiiiiiiireeeeeee. or at least that's what my acquaintences in property management tell me

I said it once and I'll say it again...in a slowing single-family residential market the rental market does well (inverse relationship).
Old 09-01-2006, 04:17 AM   #230
nikkeiS2K

Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega9701 View Post
start it in texas

Quote:
I said it once and I'll say it again...in a slowing single-family residential market the rental market does well (inverse relationship).
Of course, it'd be much cheaper to start it in either Texas or Vegas, but my dad wants to be able to manage it on his own meaning that he wants it to be local. My friend's dad is a real estate developer and has investments in both Phoenix and Vegas. He often travels to and from these cities all the way back to Cali which practically takes him a whole day. I wonder how he has the stamina to do that.

USCTrojanMan, do you know much about real estate in the Marina del Rey / Venice area?

Last edited by nikkeiS2K; 09-01-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #231
leew

My Ride: 04' 330ci
21yr old father of a crazy 3yr old $40,000 full time student(works eating that bill)
Always would like to make more but with the cards that were dealt to me I am just happy I have my son 50% of the time
leew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #232
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkei325i View Post
Of course, it'd be much cheaper to start it in either Texas or Vegas, but my dad wants to be able to manage it on his own meaning that he wants it to be local. My friend's dad is a real estate developer and has investments in both Phoenix and Vegas. He often travels to and from these cities all the way back to Cali which practically takes him a whole day. I wonder how he has the stamina to do that.

USCTrojanMan, do you know much about real estate in the Marina del Rey / Venice area?
Not very familiar with it, but I can say real estate is VERY EXPENSIVE out there and may be very difficult to make an apartment development pencil out there due to the high costs. How large of an apartment complex is your dad looking to build? Any chance that I would meet with your dad's friend? I ask because I may be able to provide him some financing.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #233
RunT1ME

My Ride: bmw
Quote:
That's damn good money for only being 23 and not having a degree...what do you do?
Software Engineer/Consultant. I specialize in a lot of the good stuff: .NET/J2EE, distributed systems, and a whole bunch of scientific and technical crap I won't bore everyone with. Been in the industry since I was 17 and got caught up in the whole .com craze, and have just been working my way up since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qooldude
and I'm an independent technology consultant
Yeah...since I'm guessing your bringing home a healthy chunk of that household income, what exactly do you do as a 'technology consultant'? Always like to hear from successful people in similar industries. Or is that just code for 'stay at home husband'.
RunT1ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #234
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunT1ME View Post
Software Engineer/Consultant. I specialize in a lot of the good stuff: .NET/J2EE, distributed systems, and a whole bunch of scientific and technical crap I won't bore everyone with. Been in the industry since I was 17 and got caught up in the whole .com craze, and have just been working my way up since.

Yeah...since I'm guessing your bringing home a healthy chunk of that household income, what exactly do you do as a 'technology consultant'? Always like to hear from successful people in similar industries. Or is that just code for 'stay at home husband'.
Ok, all that IT stuff you are talking about is like a foreign language, but I guess that's why we need people like you. I wouldnt mind being mr. mom if I had a wifey bringin in $300k+/yr...
Old 09-02-2006, 12:44 AM   #235
RDD

My Ride: school bus
Quote:
Not really...he'll be making around the same amount unless he works more or opens up his own company.
Really?? I have a friend who is just starting his radiology career and he is making $400k/yr with 14 wks of vacation. He had to move about 40 miles outside the city for work though.
RDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #236
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDD View Post
Really?? I have a friend who is just starting his radiology career and he is making $400k/yr with 14 wks of vacation. He had to move about 40 miles outside the city for work though.
He may make that much, but that does not include his malpractice insurance which takes a big bite out of that check...
Old 09-02-2006, 01:30 AM   #237
USCTrojanMan29

BTW, anyone know where I can find a wifey that makes $150k+/yr?
Old 09-02-2006, 03:16 AM   #238
nikkeiS2K

Quote:
Not very familiar with it, but I can say real estate is VERY EXPENSIVE out there and may be very difficult to make an apartment development pencil out there due to the high costs. How large of an apartment complex is your dad looking to build? Any chance that I would meet with your dad's friend? I ask because I may be able to provide him some financing.
My friend's dad? If you are serious about it I can probably set something up. I have to go through my friend (obviously) and see when he would be available.

The exact location of the main project will actually be located in Culver City. My dad is looking to build somewhere around 10 units. The project is still in its infancy stages so there is more speculation than anything going on right now. Culver City should be a tad cheaper than Venice, no?

It's crazy how fast Venice / Marina del Rey / Playa del Rey are growing today. This area of Venice that I'm residing in is looking promising so far. There is a trend of "yuppies" who are tearing down these 50+ year old homes and building custom houses. The starting market price of these homes start at $1.7M+. Not bad considering they are techinically "remodeling" the homes so they can take advantage of the lower property tax.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:49 AM   #239
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
nikkei325i, love the quote in your sig

for the poll, 26 y.o. married since 1/7/06. wife is also 26. she is a full time student. i am a student as well but have my own business, which brings in about $300-350k for me a year. it helps pay the bill and allows me to put away money for the future (i.e. kids soon)
Old 09-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #240
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Graduated from college in the summer of 2003. Three years later I am making $69,000K. Tax free.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote