E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2005, 02:45 AM   #1
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Talking Post body shop detail pics and Q

First off, sorry about the pic sizes, my resizer is being ghey right now

Well just got the car back from the body shop and needless to say, for a ceritified BMW repair shop, this was THE worst detailing job I have EVER seen I wasted my $$$ on those bastards. They made me wait a month and I got bird **** on my hood when I saw the car in the lot. Not only were there spiderweb scratches from their sh1tty cloths, but there were watermarks everywhere. Well end of rant, just got done undo-ing the damage and re-datailing it. Started at 6 and finished about 1.5 hrs ago.

I got wax on my rubber front/rear window trims, and now it has a nasty chalky look to it. Anybody know how to strip the wax w/o stripping the rubber? Also, what would you guys recommend for cleaning/preserving the rubber accents on the doors and on the bumpers? They have a bad habit of becoming discolored very easily. I used good 'ol ArmorAll on the side windows and got a pretty nice deep black luster, but is there anything better? TIA.

^^^ My rims after using Black Majic wheel cleaner, they used to be almost black lol

OK heres the window w/ the Armor All:

Heres the window w/ the wax :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
adsmobilelex
Banned

My Ride: 01 Lexus IS Widebody
Sorry could not see the pics, moght be just me.
I would like to offer a hand to ya if you would like some free advise or a free service of some sort at NO CHARGE to you.
Let me know what is still not right with your ride and a pic too.
ADS is located in San Bruno, Ca 94066
lol
reach me hear on this thread or pm me
adsmobilelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:29 AM   #3
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Ah thanx alot bro thats really cool of you Im gonna post the right pics tom. Right now im away from my home comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #4
sozm3

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3(totalled
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface
First off, sorry about the pic sizes, my resizer is being ghey right now

Well just got the car back from the body shop and needless to say, for a ceritified BMW repair shop, this was THE worst detailing job I have EVER seen I wasted my $$$ on those bastards. They made me wait a month and I got bird **** on my hood when I saw the car in the lot. Not only were there spiderweb scratches from their sh1tty cloths, but there were watermarks everywhere. Well end of rant, just got done undo-ing the damage and re-datailing it. Started at 6 and finished about 1.5 hrs ago.

I got wax on my rubber front/rear window trims, and now it has a nasty chalky look to it. Anybody know how to strip the wax w/o stripping the rubber? Also, what would you guys recommend for cleaning/preserving the rubber accents on the doors and on the bumpers? They have a bad habit of becoming discolored very easily. I used good 'ol ArmorAll on the side windows and got a pretty nice deep black luster, but is there anything better? TIA.

^^^ My rims after using Black Majic wheel cleaner, they used to be almost black lol

OK heres the window w/ the Armor All:

Heres the window w/ the wax :

I cant see the pics either. But thats the same situation I was in. I had the front end of my M3 painted a few months back by a BMW certified shop. I wasnt totally happy about the detail job that they did. The paint job itself was awsome in my opinion. But whoever detailed it is not someone that knew what they were doing. I got my car back and it looked all shinny and nice. They a few days later I had to wash it because it got dirty, wow what a difference. The whole car was absoultely covered in terrible swirl marks and holograms. I mean I never saw my car or any black car like this before. I was thinking of going back and having them do it again, but for what, so they can put more swirls? So I never said anything. But now I am just waiting a while for the paint to cure so I can do it myself. Its very disappointing to pay that much and get a good paint job but a sh*tty detail that puts swirls in your car.
sozm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #5
PLAZAMAN

My Ride: FourPointEightEyeS
Improper buffing techniques very common is body shops.

My advice is to get yourself a PC.
PLAZAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote